SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its Hughes then good luck to him, but he got a bit lucky as he is really unproven, he done ok with Wales but that team picks itself, Giggs, Bellemy, Hartson, Speed etc and Hughes failed to reach a major competition with Wales and started badly this time.

big gamble

Come Chris

look at it in a positive way

we all know he is inexperienced, a manager has to start somewhere. He went straight into International management and made it a complete success compared to what it was !

If he can have similar impetus then we as a club can only benefit.

I am looking forward to Saturday and I hope that we can greet the new man with a win.

tinykit.gif

What we need is some stability and good leadership, which Hughesy seems to have in abundance. If I was a player I would definitely look up to him because of his achievements as a player and because of the string of fine managers (Souey included - he did Ok for 3 years it was just time for a change) he has served under. He must have picked a few 'tricks of the trade' from Fergie et all!!

Most importantly though, whether we all agree on the appointment or not, we all gotta help to get out of trouble. If Hughesy CAN get us up the league to a reasonable position it will be job done and we will have something to build on again.

C'mon Rovers on saturday!!!!!

If he is at Ewood come Sat I'm sure Sparky will recieve one hell of a reception,now is NOT the time to be scrutinising and having doubts chris,the new manager and club need all the backing from the town it can muster....we need to pull together because it appears from the scurrilous and downright vindictive comments from various media sources of late about our proud club that a lot of the country would be glad to see Rovers fall flat on their faces mad.gif

Here's hoping we get that responce from the supporters...two extra tickets bought today!

I think Hughes will be great for us. Not only has he got experience from great managers (Ferguson et al) but also he might help out our lagging strike force with some decent tips. Because no offence to Dean Saunders he was never in Hughesy's league as a striker, and so hopefully Hughes will help sort out a main problem.

Although here I am not saying that a great player makes a great manager and that a poor player makes a poor coach. They are completely different roles.

Lets get behind him and see how this new stage in Blackburn Rovers history un-folds!!

Well, technically the gate will go up by 1 (I bought my deanocard as soon as I had formal confirmation of Souness going) However, because I'd figured on not going to Rovers much this season I'm away for the next 2 weekends- so will be cheering on from a distance.

Does that count??

Your a disgrace in my opinion. You should support the team no matter who is in charge you fairweather supporter. You take Rovers for granted, yet there are so many (like myself) who would love to be able to get to see Blackburn every other week. Take a look at Roversworld and watch the brfcn.com lads travelling all the way from oslo for a match, yet you cant even be bothered to get to Ewood and you live in Blackburn.

V.poor sad.gif

I thought we had already interviewed him!?!  So getting permission is nothing new.

As 1864 says we almost certainly will have interviewed him, however without permission. We can't simply appoint him so if we want him we have to ask for permission. Unless the Welsh FA refused there was nothing else the conference could have been about.

It should be done and dusted by tomorrow now as Rovers wouldn't have approached the Welsh if it wasn't already a done deal.

That all sounds a little bass ackwards if you ask me. First we interview him and THEN we ask permission to speak with him. Hmm... novel concept, I might try it. Take a day off work and upon your arrival the next day ask your Boss if it's ok to have yesterday off?? Might work biggrin.gif

I think Hughesy would be a great signing for us.

I have often thought that one of Souness/Dalgliesh's plus points was the fact that they were a big name player in the past and do have MANY contacts within the game. They also command respect from younger players because of their success in the game. Hughes fits into this category and if you have played for clubs such as Manchester United, Barcelona and Chelsea you are going to develop contacts.

Hughes has an aura about him - much like Souness but for some reason I think Mark has an interlectual approach where perhaps Souness edged it on the discipline front. We can say Hughes doesn't have much managerial experience but this feels so right as far as I'm concerned. The majority of the fans want him, the players have come out and said he is their first chice, and now it seems he is our board's number one target aswell.

Hughesy, Hughesy, Hughesy!!!

P.S How will Mark Hughes' name fit into the "...... blue n white army" chant??? It doesn't sound right to me.

I thought we had already interviewed him!?!  So getting permission is nothing new.

As 1864 says we almost certainly will have interviewed him, however without permission. We can't simply appoint him so if we want him we have to ask for permission. Unless the Welsh FA refused there was nothing else the conference could have been about.

It should be done and dusted by tomorrow now as Rovers wouldn't have approached the Welsh if it wasn't already a done deal.

That all sounds a little bass ackwards if you ask me. First we interview him and THEN we ask permission to speak with him. Hmm... novel concept, I might try it. Take a day off work and upon your arrival the next day ask your Boss if it's ok to have yesterday off?? Might work biggrin.gif

Because football is just like real life after all isn't it? Do you really think clubs ask permission before speaking to a player they want to sign, or a new manager? Ever heard of a player being tapped up?

Well, technically the gate will go up by 1 (I bought my deanocard as soon as I had formal confirmation of Souness going)  However, because I'd figured on not going to Rovers much this season I'm away for the next 2 weekends- so will be cheering on from a distance. 

Does that count??

Your a disgrace in my opinion. You should support the team no matter who is in charge you fairweather supporter. You take Rovers for granted, yet there are so many (like myself) who would love to be able to get to see Blackburn every other week. Take a look at Roversworld and watch the brfcn.com lads travelling all the way from oslo for a match, yet you cant even be bothered to get to Ewood and you live in Blackburn.

V.poor sad.gif

Firstly Jan doesn't live in Blackburn. Secondly whilst I don't agree with not going because of the manager it says more about Jan's feelings on the man than it does about her loyalty. Thirdly people miss games, it happens because they have lives outside of football. Get over yourself.