BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England U21 V Wales U21

Linny8

Just got tickets for the match and I was wondering wether we will sell out ewood. Ive escaped from the walkersteel for this one to go to the bburn end lower tier inthe quest to find out what an atmosphere sounds like! Its also the night before the old trafford game so i cant wait till that weekend.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abs, I know the recent U-21 matches have been on fox sports world. The senior squad matches are on PPV. There are a couple pub guides out there that show where they might be playing. When I have more time, I'll PM you the links.

Yeah i'll probably go.

I don't think the U21 game we had here last year sold out.

I'd say there were 29 - 30,000 there. I seem to remember a few people on here couldn't get tickets. Dunny was captain that night, a very good time. huh.gif

Yes - we are going . Me, Tom, Matthew and maybe the biggest one.

I'll be getting my tickets tomorrow,Stead looks set to be named in the squad.....wonder if we'll see anything like the near 30k gate against Greece a few years ago?

am i alone in thinking that the greek game was advertised in papers ,radio,billboards etc.

this game seems very little along those lines?

The last game was more reasonably priced - only a quid I think smile.gif . This one I believe is overpriced . As Tashor suggested with regards to the Rovers in another thread , kids should not be paying at all - or at least no more than a quid . I doubt I'll be there .

The last game was more reasonably priced - only a quid I think smile.gif . This one I believe is overpriced . As Tashor suggested with regards to the Rovers in another thread , kids should not be paying at all - or at least no more than a quid . I doubt I'll be there .

£10 to see international football ? I think these prices are billiant!

I don't know if my memory is playing tricks on me but isn't the Welsh game a reward for the near capacity crowd at Ewood for the preevious u-21 fixture.

In which case the Blackburn public had better get snapping up those tickets or we are not going to see representative football at Ewood again.

Thats probably correct philipl but it sounds like the something for nothing brigade may spoil the party this time though.

£10 and £5 too dear!? rolleyes.gif

Well I take a couple of kids so that's 20 quid gone instantly and let's face it , it's only an under 21 game . The laws of supply and demand will back my case up that this game is overpriced - ie . there will be gaps all over the bloody place !

yep

taking a couple of North End neighbours to show them a real ground rather than their new tin shed.

Thanks for reviving a memory.

Deepdale was a very early ground to get floodlights back in around 1956(?)

Ewood was much later but erected better ones. Obviously technology had moved on.

Me and my mate took a North Ender onto Ewood for an evening game. When the lights were switched on they used to switch on only two of the four pylons at diagonally opposite sides of the ground.

We got the North Ender to agree that Rovers lights were as good as those at Deepdale.

Then the other two pylons were switched on and he had to (reluctantly) admit that the Ewood floodlights were TWICE as good as the Deepdale ones.

We were in hysterics. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

He took it well, though.

That floodlight tale brought back the excitment of night matches.

The phased switching on of the lights seemed to build up the atmosphere at night games, like a stage being lit up for a performance knowing that when the spotlights came on the performers were due to appear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.