BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England U21 V Wales U21

Linny8

SteB won't be there anyway, he'll be propping up the bar in the cross tonight surely?  unsure.gif

no thats what IM doing, Ste will be at the game but no doubt in the cross for last orders

He'll have plenty of time then on the basis that last orders seem to get later every week there blink.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SteB won't be there anyway, he'll be propping up the bar in the cross tonight surely?  unsure.gif

no thats what IM doing, Ste will be at the game but no doubt in the cross for last orders

He'll have plenty of time then on the basis that last orders seem to get later every week there blink.gif

wink.gif

most definately, I plan on doing a good shift in there tonight. certainly till the g/f comes back from town.

and how would you know that they get later unsure.gif

wink.gif

most definately, I plan on doing a good shift in there tonight. certainly till the g/f comes back from town.

and how would you know that they get later unsure.gif

Is she on the night shift again Dan hehe rover.gif

Just got back (watched it at home and been asleep since but isn't that how you're supposed to start a review?).

Stead did very well IMO. He needs a goal there's no doubt about that but some of his approach / link up play was tremendous. He worked tirelessly as well and I'd be surprised if he didn't start the next U21's game next week (especially considering the injury to Cole).

The guys commentating on Sky were impressed as well. Like I said, he just needs a goal, then I reckon he'll keep on scoring.

Thats a great attandance for an U21 match now days. They really seem to have lost interest since the days of David Dunn being captain.

Anyway, seemed like a good atmosphere at ewood today from watching on the tv. And the noise almost covered over the drummers.

Agree with you Den. I think Stead and for that matter most of the England players looked too anxious and tried to force the play in the first half. In the second (might have been down to the goal) they looked far more relaxed and the play was smooth and about three classes above the Welsh.

Was very impressed by the centre back Davenport. Seems we can't stop producing quality central defenders in England atm.

Enjoyed the game especially the second half.....good atmosphere and a very respectable 17k crowd.The lad Stead played well and was unlucky with the excellent 20 yard effort off the cross bar.

Lets hope to see a few more internationals at Ewood in the future.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Thats a great attandance for an U21 match now days. They really seem to have lost interest since the days of David Dunn being captain.

Anyway, seemed like a good atmosphere at ewood today from watching on the tv. And the noise almost covered over the drummers.

It was awful ,was like a creche with all the kids running about bored to tears.

Agree with you Den. I think Stead and for that matter most of the England players looked too anxious and tried to force the play in the first half. In the second (might have been down to the goal) they looked far more relaxed and the play was smooth and about three classes above the Welsh.

Was very impressed by the centre back Davenport. Seems we can't stop producing quality central defenders in England atm.

Totally agree.Davenport was outstanding.Also Pennant is superb.England stars in the makings on both accounts

The first half of the match seemed a bit nervous and a bit flat.

The second half was good, though, as had been said. We sat in the Blackburn End having been told JWL was sold out and missed a lot of the action because the lads in front of us insisted on standing up every time the ball came up that end. (Mr Roversmum can't stand up and down as he is disabled and it had been a bit of an effort to get there in the first place - great view of the pitch otherwise though!) Still, we taped it so could watch the second half at home.

A lot of action otherwise, though. As Ossyrob said, there were a lot of kids running about especially in the Riverside - bit distracting. Some lads near us came in, sat down for about 10 minutes, went out again and came back bearing coffee and pies; went out again about 20 minutes before half time, came back after the second half had started and then left 20 minutes before the end. There was a lot of general coming and going too. Strange ideas some people have about watching football!

Jon Stead showed his class we thought, and was instrumental in setting up the goals. He got into positions but often the ball was passed the other way - Taylor needs to point that out and get them to pass the ball to him a bit more.

That was the first ever international i've ever seen at Ewood, got to say, was mightly impressed by the whole event. Lets hope there are more to come and Rovers establish themselves as a regular international venue for the stars of the future or... tomorrows stars at todays prices.

Agree with the comments about Davenport he looked good .....but how good were the Welsh lads to benchmark him against.

The left back also impressed Harding, if thats his name of Brighton, he looked far better than the awful foreigner we have in Gresko which asks me what was the previous management playing at in taking Blackburn Rovers Football club forward.

Azerbaijan U21 0-0 England U21

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/3737138.stm

Nigel Reo-Coker was sent off as England's 100% record in qualifying for the 2006 Uefa Under-21 finals ended.

The West Ham midfielder and Azerbaijan's Elnur Abdullayev were red-carded after a flare-up which led to a 15-man brawl.

England almost snatched victory when Jon Stead hit the crossbar and then James Milner and Glen Johnson had efforts cleared off the line.

Stead had a 'goal' ruled out for offside after 30 minutes.

England had won their opening three group matches in the battle to reach the finals.

I went down to the U21 match at Ewood with about 9 mates.

Six of them buggered off at half time cos they weren`t selling ale. They watched the 2nd half from the bar in the Ewood Arms.

The nazis....sorry stewards spoiled a half decent night, by confiscating a ball that was being bounced around the crowd in the Blackburn end (sharp corners them balls)The steward rightly got booed!! wink.gif

A husband & wife got frog marched out of the Blackburn end because the woman had a Welsh flag around her shoulders (probably a rovers fan with welsh background)

& 10mins before the end of the game, some kids started a fun conga at the front of the BBE. The Stazi quickly put a stop to that!

...Needless to say, those kids will come flocking back to Ewood in the future!!....NOT!!

All in all, a good natured Friday night of international football was spoiled by a bunch of powercrazed stewards hellbent on spoiling all joviality amongst a sparse crowd.

T0SSERS!!! mad.gif

I went down to the U21 match at Ewood with about 9 mates.

Six of them buggered off at half time cos they weren`t selling ale. They watched the 2nd half from the bar in the Ewood Arms.

The nazis....sorry stewards spoiled a half decent night, by confiscating a ball that was being bounced around the crowd in the Blackburn end (sharp corners them balls)The steward rightly got booed!! wink.gif

A husband & wife got frog marched out of the Blackburn end because the woman had a Welsh flag around her shoulders (probably a rovers fan with welsh background)

& 10mins before the end of the game, some kids started a fun conga at the front of the BBE. The Stazi quickly put a stop to that!

...Needless to say, those kids will come flocking back to Ewood in the future!!....NOT!!

All in all, a good natured Friday night of international football was spoiled by a bunch of powercrazed stewards hellbent on spoiling all joviality amongst a sparse crowd.

T0SSERS!!! mad.gif

Were you with the Burberry-clad lads on the back row just right of the goal in the BBE lower?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.