SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers For Sale?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brockhall is owned by the club?

It is indeed. Not convinced its worth anywhere near £30million. The massive sports complex at work only cost £12million and that involved around £2million to shift some great crested newt type creatures.

Im not too sure Brockhall is owed by Rovers at all. Of course the training ground and the academy is, but the whole of Brockhall is owned by one man, whos name escapes me right now, not Rovers.

It is indeed. Not convinced its worth anywhere near £30million. The massive sports complex at work only cost £12million and that involved around £2million to shift some great crested newt type creatures.

Im not too sure Brockhall is owed by Rovers at all. Of course the training ground and the academy will be, but the whole of Brockhall is owned by one man, whos name escapes me right now, not Rovers.

Im not too sure Brockhall is owed by Rovers at all. Of course the training ground and the academy will be, but the whole of Brockhall is owned by one man, whos name escapes me right now, not Rovers.

I thought Jack Walker and the Rovers bought the land for the academy and the training ground off the fella your thinking of Clare (his name escapes me as well). I'm pretty sure the club own the land they train on.

Would be a shame too sell up really, how can jack walkers son do such a thing, To see the pride and joy on his fathers face when we lifted the title. Can't believe he has no interest in football???

The mans got serious money can't we have a little!!!

I really can't imagin anyone wanting to buy the club as too small, out of london, and hardly an up and coming force.

I'm guna email the mirror story to a few oil company's.

Slightly fewer 000s than that ohmy.gif Nice thought, we could all take turns as manager. The championship would be over by Christmas laugh.gif

We could hire a few coaches to do the training sessions and so on, and then we could discuss the lineups here at this forum... laugh.gif

SO, who wants Friedel in goal for Sat? I've got the final word, but you can all state your opinions and I'll se what I can do ! thumbs-up.gif

So basically its nothing we didn't already know..mishief making yet again by the national gutter press mad.gif !

Never know. It could work in our favour as it could alert people who have good financial backing that there is an opportunity there if interested.

Edited by Hughesy

Not sure what to think about a sale, I guess if you're lucky and get someone who's genuinely interested in football and even more important - in Blackburn Rovers - it would be a good move, with fresh finance and the same family club. But then again, we could end up with some crazy businessman who only wants to see how far he can take it with maximum spending power.

It's kinda strange, but I'd rather see us struggling in 15th place with the Trust Fund than fighting for the Prem title with a team/management/club like Chelsea at the moment..

I can see the club being after fresh capital, but that's different from selling the club. Isn't the Trust fund set up to help the various businesses Jack Walker owner? If so, I can't see how selling it to a random person meets with this. If it is allowed to sell businesses, I wish it would sell the airline ASAP so the sales money can be used to help Rovers.

Interesting at the end £3 M a year?

Looks like the rumoured but never confirmed (or has it?) 'full house' guarantee from the Trustees is correct.

Capacity = approx 31500

Av gate = approx 25500

Empty seats = 6,000

Average ticket price = approx £25

Matches per season = 19

25x19x6000 = £2,850,000

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.