BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poor Old Souness, players bite back

Not really going to spark a long discussion, but just thought I'd like to point out that Birmingham have just equalised against Newcastle. Who was it scored by? None other than Dwight Yorke. It was also set up by David Dunn.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

serves souness right. he made too many enemies of players at Ewood and Good on Dunny and Yorke for playing well at Birmingham and stopping him

Id say that about Dunny, but i have no time for Yorke whatsoever and hope that most other Rovers feel the same. Dunn is 1 of us and id like to see him do well in general.

serves souness right. he made too many enemies of players at Ewood and Good on Dunny and Yorke for playing well at Birmingham and stopping him

Id say that about Dunny, but i have no time for Yorke whatsoever and hope that most other Rovers feel the same. Dunn is 1 of us and id like to see him do well in general.

Yeah I really miss Dunnie... I know if he had stayed he wouldn't of featured much because of injuries but he was really the type of player he have missed... I mean imagine a fit Dunn~Ferguson partnership.

Lot of ex-rovers players on the pitch when you count Given and Shearer.

But to those who doubted the wisdom of trading Dunny for 5 mill, Bruce summed it up by praising his ability but informing the interviewer that he's only started 18 games in 18 months! Dunn looked good today but that type of stat was predicted on here many times when he was sold. Maybe he would benefit greatly from ice baths! thumbs-up.gif

Best bit of all was the ref turning down the mags appeal for a pen and GS immediately wading into the 4th official! Will he never learn?

Yorke Scored, are you sure, serious come on. Did he, no he can't have, come off it  laugh.gif

It must have been a dream.

I didn't know

a) Dwight could actually run

cool.gif he knew where the box was as he hadn't been seen near it for some time at Ewood.....

Still, give him time. It will be a marriage made in heaven for Dunny and Yorke. Wait till they set off clubbing together. It will be a short honeymoon.

blink.gif

Think Hughesy could have a point though:

Looks to me like a lot of players were playing sh!t just because they didnt like souness and his tactics were poor

how we've been crying out for a player of dwights ability so far this season.

It says something when everyone starts rejoicing in paul dicov. yes- he ran about a lot again on saturday, but he is not the answer to our forward problems.

I would have loved to have seen djorkaeff playing with yorke, fergie and emerton under mark hughes.

Yeah, Yorke is a fantastic player.

If they play poorly because they don't like the manager then it's their bloody problem. Unprofessional gits..

I would love to see Dunnie come back though, when Brum is relegated in the end of the season. OR when Bruce get's tired of Dunnies injuries.

"Finally, now I can be a Blackburn-fan again" tinykit.gif

I smiled when I read the report in the Daily Telegraph which included the following quote:"Souness is fast becoming the Premiership's new Tinkerman. In five games, he has tried a variety of attacking combinations. He has changed the shape on three occasions,risking a three-man defence when chasing the game in the second half."

Hm.

Is it true that Dunn refused to shake Souness' hand on coming off in the second half of the game?

Shame I missed it. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised. Dunny will never forgive Souness for the things he said to the press about him, and thats a fact.

I dont blame him. Shake his slimey hand, no way, more like kick him up his arrogant arse!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.