BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poor Old Souness, players bite back

I've not been in the habit of supporting Souness recently but, to be fair, if anywhere needs shaking up it's Newcastle. Someone should have grabbed Bellamy by the throat years ago and the same goes for Dyer, Robert, Bernard etc.

I actually think Souness's bully-boy tactics will do a lot of good for Newcastle - at least in the short term. Over time though his lack of tactical nous and poor training will start to catch up with him, but don't be surprised if he's delivered the Toon Army a trophy or two along the way.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't fall back on the lame "We're only a small club, survival is the aim" excuse any more roversmum. He's expected to actually win things now.

I don't understand why anyone expects him to win things at Newcastle. No bugger else has so why should he be any different?! laugh.gif

Probably because he's twice the ability , Hebergeehh - but it's not going to happen (despite USA's prediction) because Bellamy's ego would not allow him to move so far down the league to a small club in crisis like Blackburn . That's the harsh truth I'm afraid ; not that I would in any way welcome the nauseating , no-necked sheep molester blink.gif

Despite those who believe Hughes could handle Bellamy, and much as we need someone to score goals, it is my biggest fear that he comes to Rovers.

He would lord it over the other players and destroy their confidence in my opinion, his attitude must be one of the worst ever.

The only reason he would ever come here is if no-one else would have him.

I struggle to think of a more annoying, arrogant, graceless, conceited and immature t*t (+) in football than Craig Bellamy. And that's going some when you consider the competition he has in his own club, let alone the rest of the league.

I remember when Wolves beat Newcastle in the cup and he waltzed off the field, fingering his premiership badge, mouthing "Premiership" at teh camera. Prince of Chavs (to Rooney's King).

Would I want him here? No, no, and again, no.

+ The * masks the letter "o", so the word represents "tot" as in "kid". wink.gif

I would never want Bellamy at this club.

His attitude, would only give the club a bad name. He doesn't have the best of records after all.

His attitude, arrogance is a player who I wouldn't want playing for this club.

He could be the key if we had him. His pace is something that we lack up front.

I don't know if Hughes could control him, Bellamy wouldn't be playing in-front of 52,000 a week for a big club.

He'd be playing for a small town team, he'd think he's bigger and better than everyone else.

Souness has been there only just a month and yet he's already found an enemy. Bellamy won't be the last player at Newcastle to disagree with Souness. biggrin.gif

Another way to look at it is this.

just what clubs are avaiable to Bellamy should he leave ?

none of the top 6 would want him.

the clubs which would definately be out of any hunt would be southampton (unless Beattie went),palace,pompy,norwich,city (unless anelka went),bolton and spurs.

his options would be very limited and iMo Rovers would certainly provide a decent option.

As for the price of 7 million, well all I can add on that is dream on. 4 serious knee injuries and ops, 2 yrs on a contract ? no chance, 3 million tops.

bellamy to Ewood, very mcuh a possibility tinykit.gif

Add to that 1864 the way Bellamy speaks of Mark Hughes and I think it is more than a mere possibility. As for 7 Mil for Bellamy, I am thinking he will go very very cheap, sort of like Cole did from here, we paid about 7 mil for him didn't we.

the clubs which would definately be out of any hunt would be southampton (unless Beattie went),palace,pompy,norwich,city (unless anelka went),bolton and spurs.

As for the price of 7 million, well all I can add on that is dream on. 4 serious knee injuries and ops, 2 yrs on a contract ? no chance, 3 million tops.

bellamy to Ewood, very mcuh a possibility tinykit.gif

So Rovers could afford him for 3 mill on gates of 20,000, but other clubs who get more definitely couldn't?

Whether that's right or not, he's still a little ratboy twonk.

Bellamy has a very poor attitude. How long he stays at Newcastle is upto him now but Souness could be happy to get rid and bring in somone else.

He will have a good amount of money to bring players in, so anyone who does not act in accord with his rules will be off.

As for coming to us I doubt it- a lot of clubs will be in for him as he is class and can get better.

Lets face it though, Rovers are in dire need of some goals, and Bellamy has at least proven that he can score in the Prem. I don't know much about his attitude, aside from the occassional problems here and there, but maybe Hughes and him have a good relationship?

I've not been in the habit of supporting Souness recently but, to be fair, if anywhere needs shaking up it's Newcastle.  Someone should have grabbed Bellamy by the throat years ago and the same goes for Dyer, Robert, Bernard etc.

I actually think Souness's bully-boy tactics will do a lot of good for Newcastle - at least in the short term.  Over time though his lack of tactical nous and poor training will start to catch up with him, but don't be surprised if he's delivered the Toon Army a trophy or two along the way.

Spot on there Scotty. Souness is merely replicating what he did at Rovers when he first joined; getting them into shape and taking no rubbish from players thinking they are entitled to regular pats on the back because they are so good.

Souness may do very well for a couple of seasons. Sure, he has a limited shelflife before the ideas run out but it should be no suprise to any Rovers fan if he ends the silverware drought at Newcastle. If he could take us from mid-table in the first division (or 'Championship' if you wish) to promotion, a cup win and sixth place then he can sure as hell do the business for Newcastle. In the short term anyway, his shortcomings will be exposed after a while. Sure, Souness is a bully and a dictator (and an arrogant tosser according to many). That's just what a club like Newcastle has been crying out for.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Sky just had an interesting telephone interview with Souness.

He was saying how he was critical of the Uefa Cup in the past with Blackburn because the squad was so small. He now has a much larger squad so he is very excited about progressing in the Uefa Cup.

On Bellamy- he says he accepts his apology and thinks he is top player and not wanting to get rid of him. He has to give him a chance and let him learn from his mistakes. Do not think he was as fair to Dunn, but then again that is history that I still can't get over!

I feel utterly let down by that admission by Souness that he did not take the UEFA Cup seriously at Blackburn.

I was unable to get to Sofia, Glasgow or Ankara. I am sure the Rovers supporters who made those trips are nauseated by those comments.

Boxing day at Ewood is working up to be a grudge game par excellence.

If we don't get 30,000 on for that game, the passion for Rovers football will be seen to have died.

I feel utterly let down by that admission by Souness that he did not take the UEFA Cup seriously at Blackburn.

You mean you actually thought he was whilst he was here Philipl?? huh.gif

Sort of sheds some light on what alot of us where saying at the time and pours cold water on those that believed he was taking it seriously. sad.gif

Can't understand the difficulty in understanding Souness' very sensible logic.

Whilst at rovers, survival was the No1 aim and with a small squad the games were having a serious detrimental affect on results, just check out the scores following UEFA games.

Whilst at Newcastle the aim is to win trophies and with a much larger squad he is able to give it a better go.

Made sense to me at the time and still does.

If someone could guarantee me 10 years of Premiership football with the downside being no significant cup progression, I'd snatch their hands off.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.