BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poor Old Souness, players bite back

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically I think Souness balanced it out in terms of positives and negatives. Granted it was an utter disaster last season but at least he managed to get the team sorted out (of course a lot of the credit actually going to the players) to get a little end-of-season run together to avoid relegation- although we should never of got into that position in the first place. Souness deserves a lot of praise for inheriting a miserable side back in 1999, then managing to get us promotion and establish us as a Premier League team again. Of course then he deserves equal criticism for clashing with so many players and letting quality like Andy Cole and David Dunn leave solely based upon personal clashes. Also, despite banking £20m+ from the sales of Duff & Dunn we never used the cash to great effect. Players like Lorenzo Amoruso and Dominic Matteo destroyed the tough, gritty defence we had built up in past seasons. But this is all in the past now and we should just focus our thoughts on our current manager and just remember the good times under GS.

Seemed the best place to post this:

Newcastle 1 Fulham 4

Only made better by :

"Toon boss Graeme Souness was furious, and was ordered from the dug-out for his protests. "

HEHEHEHE

You've been itching to post something like this for 8 weeks, 5 days and 7 hours haven't you Janice ?

You didn't let us down.

Did anyone reasd the article in notw today, what Berg has to say about Souness. How he claims that Sir Jack Walker would eb turning in his grave today seeing what he has done to the club.

Well said Berg.

And just fro the record............1-4 to Fulham. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Looks like the decline has started. Let see who he decides to buy and sell in January.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Is there a link??

I always thought that Berg had sense.

You've been itching to post something like this for 8 weeks, 5 days and 7 hours haven't you Janice ?

You didn't let us down.

I sincerely hope that you haven't been counting how long it is since he left you. That's sad obsessive behaviour. However, it wouldn't in the slightest surprise me!

There would be but I really am quite thick and don't know how to do them tongue.gif

Basically he says that Souness is vain and is a hot head who can't take critiscm, he says that Souey never forgave him the match against Sunderland on boxing day in his last season, and how for some reason we started 3 at the back, he says that we were 2-0 down and he ran over to the bench telling Souness we need to regroup, but Souey ignored him and then substituted him at half time, pressed wrong button ther

He also says he has respect for managers like Dalglish and Ferguson, it's all in his new autobiography. Lady luck maybe she doesn't like Souness. Lets hope she likes Rovers, she seems to be coming back slowly. Can't believe he is still using that excuse. Pathetic.

Edited by mrsjansen

United: Harper, Hughes (Robert 56), Elliott, O'Brien, Bernard (Ameobi 68), Jenas, Butt, Bowyer, Bellamy, Shearer, Kluivert

Not sure what kind of formation you would get from that, well done on Souey for contuining his baffling tactics though.

Yes, footballers' autobiographies are always choc-full of interesting 'facts'. rolleyes.gif

Yeah but Berg was hardly a glamarous player like Beckham or a contraversial player like Roy Keane so his autobiography doesn't need the publicity-seeking factoids that others might. I'll buy a copy of it as Berg has always come across as a very controlled, measured and sensible player and I would welcome his insight into behind-the-scenes at BRFC.

I see Graeme Souness is pursuing his tactical masterplan that involves playing a central midfielder on the left. It could be worse for the Geordies, he could be playing a centre back on the left wing.

PS - Don't you think this thread should be re-named, bash Souness at all opportunities?

I don't want to sound bitter but I can't help it - not because he was an inadequate manager in the last year or so of his reign (OK that's part of the reason) - but more importantly - he displayed little regret in leaving Rovers. The attraction of Newcastle is self-explanatory, but for a meagre word or two about the 'great people' at Blackburn - he seemed to forget about us in a blink.

Edited by rover6

Rubbish Scottish manager, only been used 12 times. Plenty of passion but unfortunately the tactics manual is missing.

Will exchange for a packet of crisps or nearest offer. Will also throw in a kieron dyer and a robbie elliott if you offer salt and vinegar pringles.

Just saw this on another board, made me laugh biggrin.gif

It could be worse for the Geordies, he could be playing a centre back on the left wing.

Not that you called him a fool for not pursuing that line of tactics the very week before he did and then proceeded to slaughter him after it didn't come off, though, eh?

Oh wait.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.