BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

I think the Blackburn fans are going OTT with these protests though. He is an individual like us all, he shouldn't be subjected to this kind of

abuse, even if he is doing a really poor job.

Maps - to save any credibility you have please explain on your next post what 'abuse' Kean has received other than the usual calls of Kean Out and You Don't Know What You're Doing.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I read his life is under threat and he can't walk out without a guard

I read we were signing Ronaldinho and had the biggest transfer budget we had for years. Doesn't mean it's true though.

As far as we know he has had no abuse other than that given to the likes of Bruce and any other manager that gets sacked. His wife certainly hasn't had her dress set on fire.

I think the Blackburn fans are going OTT with these protests though. He is an individual like us all, he shouldn't be subjected to this kind of

Who do you support, Spam? I mean, Maps.

Its very simple Mcleish was hated by the Villa fans when he took over, hes had a decent start and the fans have accepted him.

Kean has been awful for over a year now, the fans that didnt want him in the first place feel even more frustrated knowing he would be a failure and the fans that were happy to give him a chance have lost patience in him.

If we were 11th now, this thread probbly wouldnt exist and there certainly wouldnt be any protests

It's a bit different when you include the word "if".

I find it bizarre after everything that has happened that people feel the need to criticise him over things that aren't really an issue. He obviously wanted to get players in early but that hasn't happened.

I think Redknapp said the same thing as well.

Espercially when there is so much that we can criticise him for.

He's deserved every bit of abuse he's received from the fans. He's not up for the job, but persists in collecting his check even as we are on track for relegation.

well I read his life is under threat and he can't walk out without a guard

Per Steve Kean anyway, whom I don't view as the most credible source.

Another of his quotes to add to the vast collection. What happened to the "we need to get 4 players in and we need to do the business quickly"? Not exact quote I know but close.

Pretty close, 47er !

In the LT of 27.12.11, Andy Cryer quotes Kean as stating, in reference to the transfer window, "I think we need 4 bodies at least and we need them quickly"

Other Kean quotes of note from the LT of 20.12.11, "There will be funds available in the window....With the transfer window opening soon, I am sure we will get players in".

He's deserved every bit of abuse he's received from the fans. He's not up for the job, but persists in collecting his check even as we are on track for relegation.

Per Steve Kean anyway, whom I don't view as the most credible source.

Quite right Mr. Moss, if Kean received all he deserved the repercussions would be heard, and indeed smelt, from Canberra.

A mighty smiting is called for.

He's brought bigger averages down.....into the gutter

Not to mention - attendances, and the will to live.

Never have I thought less of a fellow human being; never before have I considered that God may not exist purely due to the fact Kean could not possibly be made in the image of anything remotely divine.

In all the circumstances its a miracle that we have even the slightest chance of avoiding relegation. However, having read the Ian Battersby article, we are clearly in complete chaos.

We will have to build again from the ground up. Wonder what division we'll be in? This isn't trembling, its common sense (which isn't all that common).

Surely you must realise, being an ex-teacher, that the missing word "if" completely changes the meaning from a statement of intent to a statement of hope.

That's a fair point as far as it goes but he shouldn't have said anything if he didn't know whether it could happen or not. He's given us false hope---again.

Snigger!

The tremblers will b e eating humble pudding when these youngsters prove they were well worth the introduction.

Again, I realise it's more difficult to focus when trembling.

^_^

You're absolutely right Tony.

They'll prove themselves alright. In the Championship.

Assuming they haven't bailed out.

Hope you keep those hands warm whilst you sit on them. True fan that you are.

In all the circumstances its a miracle that we have even the slightest chance of avoiding relegation. However, having read the Ian Battersby article, we are clearly in complete chaos.

We will have to build again from the ground up. Wonder what division we'll be in? This isn't trembling, its common sense (which isn't all that common).

That's a fair point as far as it goes but he shouldn't have said anything if he didn't know whether it could happen or not. He's given us false hope---again.

But with our owners he can't possibly know what will happen tomorrow, let alone in a transfer window, in which case he would never say anything again. This may be an improvement, granted, but I think you could've picked far better examples to beat him with. It's clear he has been stitched up by the owners in this window and for sometime before.

But with our owners he can't possibly know what will happen tomorrow, let alone in a transfer window, in which case he would never say anything again. This may be an improvement, granted, but I think you could've picked far better examples to beat him with. It's clear he has been stitched up by the owners in this window and for sometime before.

This is what happens so often! I wasn't "beating him" at all! I was simply saying to those compiling a list of his quoteable quotes--------here's another one you should add to the list. That's lost in the mists of time now like many "mini-threads" (not a quote).

But with our owners he can't possibly know what will happen tomorrow, let alone in a transfer window, in which case he would never say anything again. It's clear he has been stitched up by the owners in this window and for sometime before.

Is Kean not an owner as well :unsure:

Archived