BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have Venkys won?

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Any fool could look back and see how it was possible to run the Club on a sound footing but as Gav said the other day they appoint people who aren't qualified, give them the keys to the Club and they run amok.

So is it the lack of competency or was there a plan all along? some seem to believe the whole lot was staged. My belief was the management n their decision making is more to blame n this has lead to dissatisfaction amongst fans which has left the club in a chronic position. Venkies were responsible for the appointments but were they guilty of what happened too or was it neglect on their part and those appointments caused the chaos? 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after 3 pages all I have learned are 3 things:

-JonnyP lives too far away to practice what he's preaching

-some people have been asleep for 7 years

- a new phrase "as bent as a boomerang"....now who was the poster referring to(allegedly)

• Backroom
3 hours ago, mhead said:

So after 3 pages all I have learned are 3 things:

-JonnyP lives too far away to practice what he's preaching

-some people have been asleep for 7 years

- a new phrase "as bent as a boomerang"....now who was the poster referring to(allegedly)

FYI I actually picked up the phrase from a Y5 pupil I taught recently. He, unfortunately, was using the homophobic meaning of the word bent, so we had to take him to one side for a chat. The phrase, however, shows a good imaginative simile and alliteration!

Just now, Mike E said:

FYI I actually picked up the phrase from a Y5 pupil I taught recently. He, unfortunately, was using the homophobic meaning of the word bent, so we had to take him to one side for a chat. The phrase, however, shows a good imaginative simile and alliteration!

Metaphor, surely. :rock:

Just now, Tom said:

Enjoyed the debate on this one got to say, the passion is clearly still there if only we could channel it together 

Which is the biggest problem of it all. Too much time spent attacking each other rather than fighting together against Venky's. 

6 hours ago, JonnyP said:

So is it the lack of competency or was there a plan all along? some seem to believe the whole lot was staged. My belief was the management n their decision making is more to blame n this has lead to dissatisfaction amongst fans which has left the club in a chronic position. Venkies were responsible for the appointments but were they guilty of what happened too or was it neglect on their part and those appointments caused the chaos? 

Well I for one won't be going over this VERY old ground. It's been more trawled over than the Mediterranean!

Have you read Glen's blog from start to finish? Suspect not. You can do that however far away you are.

Then you could ask some INFORMED questions and we'd know you are not just a WUM. 

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

"alliteration"! Thanks for that Mike, haven't heard that term since 6th form Latin!

You don't teach at Eton do you?!!

• Backroom
Just now, 47er said:

"alliteration"! Thanks for that Mike, haven't heard that term since 6th form Latin!

You don't teach at Eton do you?!!

I've not even got full time work yet :P think schools see my hearing aids and judge me as 'unable', but that's a whole other story.

I think the topic question is a little mischievous. But anything that raises awareness and gets people talking about the removal of Venky's from the football club has to be a positive in my eyes. Although I'm struggling to see how in any shape or form the Venky's "have won". Their ownership has been a complete and utter disaster and despite all the conspiracy theories I just don't see how driving the club to failure could be in any way more beneficial than to run the club successfully and have kept us in with the riches of the Premier League TV money. If the only success they can claim is that those annoying, disgruntled fans have stopped protesting for a few months then they really are clutching at straws.

I think this season the fans have made their views perfectly clear on the matter and our plight has made it to the press in various places. Like you quite rightly say the protests haven't exactly been taken up by every single Rovers fan. I think the sad truth of the matter is the entire fan base is never going to unite and protest in unison, the closest we will probably ever get will be that fateful night against Wigan when practical the entire ground was calling for the removal of Venky's.

I will never condone anyone for going to a match and supporting their team, after all that's what football should be about. I think in the wake of having Owen Coyle as manager for eight months it is definitely a new dawn and a breathe fresh air having someone like Tony Mowbrary in charge. That coinciding with the upturn in results and the fight we have on now for survival it's little surprise that their seems renewed optimism and improved atmosphere around Ewood. Some people may disagree but I think quite rightly the protests have taken a backseat for the time being as the best chance we have for survival is to create a positive atmosphere and give the team and new manager our full-backing. Although I think the occasional "Venky's Out" chant wouldn't go a miss as a little reminder.

16 hours ago, grizfoot said:

I think in the wake of having Owen Coyle as manager for eight months it is definitely a new dawn and a breathe fresh air having someone like Tony Mowbrary in charge. That coinciding with the upturn in results and the fight we have on now for survival it's little surprise that their seems renewed optimism and improved atmosphere around Ewood. Some people may disagree but I think quite rightly the protests have taken a backseat for the time being as the best chance we have for survival is to create a positive atmosphere and give the team and new manager our full-backing. Although I think the occasional "Venky's Out" chant wouldn't go a miss as a little reminder.

Absolutely spot on with this part of your post. At this time its about channelling our energy to support the team to ensure we stay up, its a simple message to the fans, the players and the clubs management alike. We must never give in or give up the fight to remove Venkys or at the very least the change their way of thinking of how a football club should be run.

COYB

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Absolutely spot on with this part of your post. At this time its about channelling our energy to support the team to ensure we stay up, its a simple message to the fans, the players and the clubs management alike. We must never give in or give up the fight to remove Venkys or at the very least the change their way of thinking of how a football club should be run.

COYB

Once safe or if relegated the heat of has to be turned on up 

You're the type who would make any snide accusation against someone you didn't like.

But even ignoring your past, you would have to admit the guy is out of order and, unless he has no sense of how the site operates, would be expecting a ban wouldn't he? Plenty have been banned for for less,including me. Perhaps he was looking for a ban? Like Majiball----remember him?

I really couldn't give a rats what you think.

19 hours ago, grizfoot said:

I think the topic question is a little mischievous. But anything that raises awareness and gets people talking about the removal of Venky's from the football club has to be a positive in my eyes. Although I'm struggling to see how in any shape or form the Venky's "have won". Their ownership has been a complete and utter disaster and despite all the conspiracy theories I just don't see how driving the club to failure could be in any way more beneficial than to run the club successfully and have kept us in with the riches of the Premier League TV money. If the only success they can claim is that those annoying, disgruntled fans have stopped protesting for a few months then they really are clutching at straws.

I think this season the fans have made their views perfectly clear on the matter and our plight has made it to the press in various places. Like you quite rightly say the protests haven't exactly been taken up by every single Rovers fan. I think the sad truth of the matter is the entire fan base is never going to unite and protest in unison, the closest we will probably ever get will be that fateful night against Wigan when practical the entire ground was calling for the removal of Venky's.

I will never condone anyone for going to a match and supporting their team, after all that's what football should be about. I think in the wake of having Owen Coyle as manager for eight months it is definitely a new dawn and a breathe fresh air having someone like Tony Mowbrary in charge. That coinciding with the upturn in results and the fight we have on now for survival it's little surprise that their seems renewed optimism and improved atmosphere around Ewood. Some people may disagree but I think quite rightly the protests have taken a backseat for the time being as the best chance we have for survival is to create a positive atmosphere and give the team and new manager our full-backing. Although I think the occasional "Venky's Out" chant wouldn't go a miss as a little reminder.

I totally agree

Just now, 47er said:

I'm thinking Grizfoot meant he would never CONDEMN anyone for going to a match?

He's also saying that since TM has taken over, majority of the talk has been about what's happening on the pitch and that a bit of belief and hope has been reignited which has been more positive that when Coyle was in charge. Also he is saying that fans getting behind the team is the main priority at the moment. 

3 hours ago, 47er said:

You're the type who would make any snide accusation against someone you didn't like.

But even ignoring your past, you would have to admit the guy is out of order and, unless he has no sense of how the site operates, would be expecting a ban wouldn't he? Plenty have been banned for for less,including me. Perhaps he was looking for a ban? Like Majiball----remember him?

I really couldn't give a rats what you think.

Unfortunately, yes. I'm sure you're chums with him. You seem very alike.

Totally inappropriate posting. He had serious issues around the time of the talk about signing Ched Evans. Not that we were going to but the prospect of it being even a remote possibility wound him up in view of his background, as he told me it.

2 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Totally inappropriate posting. He had serious issues around the time of the talk about signing Ched Evans. Not that we were going to but the prospect of it being even a remote possibility wound him up in view of his background, as he told me it.

Given Ched's now been cleared and people like Ennis not even apologizing was it the usual abuse in this direction what a bloke would typically get Gummy?

Archived