BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bentley had a really poor game yesterday. As did MGP and Derbyshire , who as you pointed out was out of position.

And so by definition was David Bentley!

I know that we are desperately short in midfield and that the club comes first but Mark Hughes whilst repeatedly pushing Capello to pick Bentley is hardly giving him the best backing by playing him centre midfield is he?

<_<

Tugay, if you have something to say, or a point to make, then fair enough. Otherwise, leave it out.

OK - if you're going to argue with what I said, please read and address the points. I said nothing about Bentley not being our best player, I just backed up the point that he's out of form. Something which your post didn't address.

OK - if you're going to argue with what I said, please read and address the points. I said nothing about Bentley not being our best player, I just backed up the point that he's out of form. Something which your post didn't address.

You baffle me sometimes. I wasn't arguing with you, - I was giving a different opinion of Bentleys form. I think he's playing well and not out of form.

He's out of form, but still our best player. - Is that what you're saying?

It doesn't take much to be our best player these days, so that sounds about right to me. In my opinion there are only two places where Bentley will play well on a regular basis. Either give him a free role in "hole" in a 4-4-1-1 formation or put him wide right. As a central midfielder he has never impressed me...

It doesn't take much to be our best player these days, so that sounds about right to me. In my opinion there are only two places where Bentley will play well on a regular basis. Either give him a free role in "hole" in a 4-4-1-1 formation or put him wide right. As a central midfielder he has never impressed me...

The criticisms of our lads are getting ridiculous now.

Shall we have a vote on which player is the most 'out of form'?

My vote goes to Pedersen..by a country mile.

My point is, if we're going to pull the players apart for being 'out of form' there's a few more ahead of Bentley in the queue. For instance, I don't recall Samba or Warnock getting the same treatment during their 'lulls'.

You baffle me sometimes. I wasn't arguing with you, - I was giving a different opinion of Bentleys form. I think he's playing well and not out of form.

That's not what you said. Thank you for clarifying.

To avoid confusion, I'll go along with that. Our best player could probably be debated though.

I wouldn't say Bentley is paying poorly and out of form at the moment. However I also wouldn't say that his current form is international quality. He has played much better previously than he is doing now. I feel he's at his best when he's out on the right wing and has a bit of space. However, recently the lack of forward threat through the middle of midfield when we've gone 4-4-2 has meant that the defences have been able to pick him up pretty easily.

Well it sounds like Joe Cole behind Rooney, with Young and Bentley on the flanks. I quite like the sound of that formation.

If Capello's formation at Real Madrid is anything to go by, then we'll probably be lining up like...

---------------James

Richards Ferdinand Upson Cole

-------Gerrard Hargreaves-----

Bentley-------Cole--------Young

--------------Rooney-------------

I think it'll certainly be a formation with a lot more fluidity than we've seen for many years, I'm looking forward to seeing it as well. It will be great for us if Bentley does start, I hope he does himself proud.

Archived