SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Someone should be in prison for selling N'Zonzi for next to nothing, noticed he was linked with Juve for €40million

Nothing we got 3 million plus a sell on. In return despite nzonzi French agent doing the deal Jerome Anderson demanded a further cut of the club and got it.

I think Whittingham will come. I am impressed if that is the case, however not entirely surprised. They have form for bringing in one or two 'impressive' signings. They did it last summer with Graham and Stokes quite early which wouldn't have been cheap on the wages and had the welcome effect of settling fans down after the Coyle appointment.

Having shed tens of thousands off the wage bill recently and persuaded Mowbray face to face to hang around I fully expect a couple of 'high profile' free transfers in the coming weeks. That will be them allowing some wages back in and trying to keep the fans happy for a few more weeks of the summer and ensure Mowbray sticks at it.

The picture won't be fully clear until the window slams shut in September. If we reach then with 7-8 signings of Whittingham's calibre, a couple of cash signings, no sales of our better players, then I'll applaud the business done. I'll also eat my hat because I don't believe for one minute that it will happen.

Once Mowbray has got his 3-4 starting signings and filled up the squad slightly then they'll be reaching their wage limit and will want outgoings before any more arrive. That will rumble on all summer as Duffy and Hanley did last year because they have unrealistic expectations and other clubs won't rush when they know the deal will be done eventually. Lenihan will be the big saga as he's under contract and a good age. Someone will pay decent money for him and Venkys will know it. If bids don't start arriving soon then expect the Lancashire Telegraph rumour mill to click into gear and keep spinning all summer long.

so Mulgrew gets grief for hinting that he might go whilst local lad and rovers fan Mahoney gets the sympathy vote when he scarpers !

and Jason Lowe gets the good riddance treatment

It's full of mad men I tell thee

We probably can't afford any of em but the myth that rovers fans love seeing locals wear their shirts is well n truly buried

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Jones, Samba, Nelsen, Kalinic, Emerton, Givet, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Olsson, Hoilett, Dann, Cairney, Gestede, King, Olsson, Rhodes, Hanley, Duffy, Marshall, Lowe, Mahoney

Can we please stop blaming the players?

It isn't greed, it isn't over ambition, it isn't because they don't like Blackburn and get lured away by the bright lights of other places, it nearly always isn't due to league status (the majority moved to clubs in the same league).

Its Venkys.

The one constant throughout whilst piece by piece the club and squad is downsized, downscaled and downgraded. 18 months ago I couldn't have cared less what Mahoney was doing as he couldn't get near the 1st team because he wasn't good enough. Thanks to their actions the squad has plummeted in ability and we're now getting worked up about Mahoney departing. If they'd have run this place properly he wouldn't even be in the first team squad.

Worry not though, because 12 months from now like everyone else to depart he'll be higher than Rovers and we'll have found some other product to advertise around the Leagues in the hope of a quick profit.

I would fancy that team to get out of League. Don't forget Robinson though :)

From that list above its the likes of Nzonzi, King, Cairney, as well as Judge and Rochina not in that list that grates. The transfer fees that lot of been being linked with since we let them go for fck all in most cases would probably half our debt today (or more likely make the Venkyscum even richer).

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Such a funny guy. ?

Why come on a transfer thread and dont talk about transfers. 

I'm here to talk football and nothing else. Why we keep talking about the past I dont know. Aint going to change owt. We talk.about Lowe for a day. He left Rovers now. 

Mowbray is looking to build his own squad now that fits in with his style and tactics. 

with what money Chaddy?

• Backroom

That's a bloody cracking signing for where we are

Realistically a better signing than many of us expected all summer, me included - now where's that season ticket form again? 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Might as well close the thread then... there won't be any transfers until July.

First there will be outgoings followed by around 6 scrambled last minute incomings.

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Whittingham will not be coming so the mods should add his name to the swear filter so it displays "Not on your Nelly"

IMG_4757.JPG

Might as well close the thread then... there won't be any transfers until July.

First there will be outgoings followed by around 6 scrambled last minute incomings.

Whittingham will not be coming so the mods should add his name to the swear filter so it displays "Not on your Nelly"

Wrong again Suhail Slayer. 

Played signed. 

So much for all of your knowledge

• Backroom
Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Fair Play Tom... :rover:

I am off down Ewood now to buy a season ticket and pre-order my new home shirt ;)

Only messing matey I didn't expect this either to be fair, be amazed if it gets better than this but I'll accept it for now :)

Dunno why they are fuming really unless its at their board/manager for not offering more than 1 year at a cut that would have put him on 1/3rd of what he was on before. The player obviously feels he deserves more than that after 10 years at the club, becoming a player favorite that is classed as a legend by many of their supporters. What I like is that he obviously wants a fresh challenge rather than plonking into another mid-table Championship team. he knows he will start here (well, there is no competition anyway lol).

The guy just loves to play...this aint about one last big payday like Murphy would have been.

I dunno but surely it wouldn't be near what he was originally on at Cardiff as that would be suicidal right? I expect he has performance/promotion bonuses that will make up any shortfall though.

*edit - according to some on their boards he was on about 100k a month.

Archived