BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

agreed

Off to Ipswich for 1 mill supposedly

I agree Whittingham is a great signing and I expect to play as deep layer Midfield playmaker in a centre midfield as a 2 man partnership in 4-2-3-1 formation.

Cummings off to Forest.

Boyce would be very decent at this level.

Not sure Doidge and Brown as I haven't seen them play.

I wouldn't be surprise if we look to sign Chris O'Grady on a free transfer. and Harris, a pacey winger from Cardiff who has not agree a contract there

Why having a laugh? I would enjoy seeing you suggesting names but it never will happened. wonder why? cos they will find out that you are really agent Jal and which agency you work for. double agent Jal

The list was 4 strikers, 2 play for Forest Green Rovers, and 2 in SPL.

Instead of moaning, do some Research and stop moaning.

Because it Jal and he isn't ever happy about Rovers. Always unhappy and grumpy

Chaddy i lile your posts but why pick out random players names and ask journalists if we after them???

example 1

Is Chris O'Grady and Kadeem Harris Rovers targets?

a tweet you sent Let journo

IMG_0778.PNG

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SoldierMo said:

Chaddy i lile your posts but why pick out random players names and ask journalists if we after them???

I asked the journalist about those 2 players as I believe we should be targeting them and would be decent players for this league.

The journo's wouldn't know - if they did they would be reporting it. Plucking random names and throwing them at them is like asking Moira Stewart if Dave from down the road is a serial killer.

5 hours ago, 47er said:

There you are Chaddy. You've heard it direct. Can we rest easy now knowing you won't be raising this again?

Chaddy is currently doing to JAL everything he hates others doing to himself. But with real malice.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

There you are Chaddy. You've heard it direct. Can we rest easy now knowing you won't be raising this again?

Yes, when JAL stops asking who every single players agent is.

It works both ways.

Chaddy is just retaliating and as in football retalition is strangely considered worse than the original and repetitive offence.

Malice? PMSL

• Moderation Lead
15 hours ago, JAL said:

Thers a big difference between good and great K-Hod wouldn't you say especially someone who's never been an International or champion league regular !

Let's get it right please.

Splitting hairs over good and great is just plain daft.

We're in League 1, JAL, so we need players to get us out of League 1 for now. The PL is a world away and the CL, well, we've not been in that for over 20 years, and I suggest we perhaps won't be again. Quite why all of this needs to be clarified, I've no idea....

15 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Thank for the insight Glosrover what is your opinion on Keenu Marsh Brown out of interest? 

harder one to judge......struggling to compare him to any particular person or type of player from what Ive seen of him [admittedly not that much].  Closest is maybe Tom Ince ?  not quite a winger, not quite a striker, pacey and direct, cuts in and shoots.  Wouldn't say he's massively 'trickey' as a wide player though.  Interesting contrast to Doidge though - Marsh-Brown I think was at Fulham for a good while and on the fringe of making it, then loaned out a lot before landing at Oldham I think [may have been Bury] played League 1 then released to Barnet from whom FGR signed him.  So whereas Doidge on the face of it didn't make it and was dropped to non-league straight away, and has been pulled back upwards, Marsh-Brown has gradually drifted downwards, ,which isn't always a good sign of someone's attitude and desire!

That said, he's one of FGR's 'rated' players and probably too good for the level he was at last year.  

If the National League is genuinely to be the 'lucky dip' for the 'real Rovers' then there are others that might be worth a pot....the best player I saw playing at FGR last year by a mile was Lincoln's winger, [something Arnold ]fast, tricky and looked like he had a goal in him every time he was in space.   BRFC have a decent record of buying non-league players called Arnold [nostalgia for us 50 somethings ] A couple of years back the FGR player who looked like he had something about him was Elliot Frear, fast tricky and great crosser - think he left for Motherwell in SPL, or Sr Mirren - never heard of him since!  

The National League is now a very good league and in some ways very little margin to the lower league 2 clubs, despite lots of the players being part-time pros.  Lots of the best players and that was certainly true of FGR are the full-time pros, and the big fish small pond rule applies.  In the same way, League 1 and 2 clubs [maybe even Championship ] that stand out and become successful are defined by the quality of the loan players they bring in.  The Bristol clubs last year both had very successful Chelsea loanees of 18/19 year old age, both made a huge difference to their squads.  

Sorry this has gone on a bit and away from what was asked, but in essence I can't help feeling that if in BRFC's position you add more than one lower league player to your team, that's where you're headed.  Don't mind a speculative punt, but I feel we haven't the cash to risk that with the better, higher profile Nat'l league players and the targets this year have to be reliably good enough to be first teamers.  Speculative could end up as Vardy or Varney................

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, when JAL stops asking who every single players agent is.

It works both ways.

Chaddy is just retaliating and as in football retalition is strangely considered worse than the original and repetitive offence.

Malice? PMSL

I'm assuming JAL is close to the game and is asking about agents for a reason. But I would prefer him to make his point so we all know what he's on about.

With Chaddy its just mindless sniping. Anyway he's got his answer so that should be the end of it.

Don't make Chaddy a victim, it just encourages him.

Just now, 47er said:

I'm assuming JAL is close to the game and is asking about agents for a reason. But I would prefer him to make his point so we all know what he's on about.

With Chaddy its just mindless sniping. Anyway he's got his answer so that should be the end of it.

Don't make Chaddy a victim, it just encourages him.

I dearly would like them both to stop their running feud or take it off board. It almost makes me sympatheic to agents :o

Chaddy's no victim, he seems to revel in it :blink:

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Splitting hairs over good and great is just plain daft.

We're in League 1, JAL, so we need players to get us out of League 1 for now. The PL is a world away and the CL, well, we've not been in that for over 20 years, and I suggest we perhaps won't be again. Quite why all of this needs to be clarified, I've no idea....

Sounds like you given in and have come to accept whatever is put before you which is fair enough. 

33 year old championship player to me is far from great more like another footballer.

Let's see if Mowbray can raise his low standards higher with the next signing or two.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JAL said:

Sounds like you given in and have come to accept whatever is put before you which is fair enough. 

33 year old championship player to me is far from great more like another footballer.

Let's see if Mowbray can raise his low standards higher with the next signing or two.

I've not accepted it at all and like any other fan, I'm not happy about where we are.

Great is relative, in theory he should at least be good for this level. Every signing carries some risk with it and this one will be no different.

With that being said, not only would it be daft to try and sign PL players at this point because:

a) They wouldn't come unless they were similar to Whittingham's age and we were paying them loads (see Danny Murphy for a bad example of this)

b ) It's a slow building process. Sort a team to get out of League 1, then when this objective is achieved, sort out a team to get out of the Championship.

c) Because we are in League 1 & they won't lower themselves to this level because, well, why would they?

The last point, well, I'm not really sure how you could ever be pleased Jal, if I'm being honest. Who do you believe we should sign? What type of player?

Just now, K-Hod said:

I've not accepted it at all and like any other fan, I'm not happy about where we are.

Great is relative, in theory he should at least be good for this level. Every signing carries some risk with it and this one will be no different.

With that being said, not only would it be daft to try and sign PL players at this point because:

a) They wouldn't come unless they were similar to Whittingham's age and we were paying them loads (see Danny Murphy for a bad example of this)

b ) It's a slow building process. Sort a team to get out of League 1, then when this objective is achieved, sort out a team to get out of the Championship.

c) Because we are in League 1 & they won't lower themselves to this level because, well, why would they?

The last point, well, I'm not really sure how you could ever be pleased Jal, if I'm being honest. Who do you believe we should sign? What type of player?

In context of the signing using the word 'great' is it really relative or just your appreciation of a lowering of standards K-Hod. If, you'd have said good, then this would have been fine by me but using the term great needs to be challenged I'm afraid.

As for rebuilding have you and the likes of chaddy not noticed that every summer for the past six years you've probably been thinking the same. Under the Venky regime like with many foreign owner agent supported clubs the game is about moving players around creating lots of talking points whilst extorting huge amounts of money from the game of football and from its audience.

When I was younger you played to win and no one was greater than the club sadly today that doesn't seem to apply.

How much are Rovers paying Whittingham for transparency ?

Just now, JAL said:

Whittingham has signed to play a major role in the team. Expect him to play deep playmaker in the team. Wouldnt be surprise if he was Captain for the team

At this level, experience is needed. So this signing is a good one..

I am very intetested in knowing who you would sign to raise this standard you mention considering the wage budget and our transfer budget. Can you give me 3 names?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who cares?

Got to trust Mowbray and let him get on with it

Step forward another twelve months from now and will you be saying the same ? Answer Most probably !

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who cares?

Got to trust Mowbray and let him get on with it

Cut to twelve months time: "We are on the verge of bankruptcy and we're playing the likes of Whittingham over 10k a week!"

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JAL said:

In context of the signing using the word 'great' is it really relative or just your appreciation of a lowering of standards K-Hod. If, you'd have said good, then this would have been fine by me but using the term great needs to be challenged I'm afraid.

As for rebuilding have you and the likes of chaddy not noticed that every summer for the past six years you've probably been thinking the same. Under the Venky regime like with many foreign owner agent supported clubs the game is about moving players around creating lots of talking points whilst extorting huge amounts of money from the game of football for the audience.

When I was younger you played to win and no one was greater than the club sadly today that doesn't seem to apply.

How much are Rovers paying Whittingham for transparency ?

Please don't assume you know my train of thought as it doesn't tally with yours, Jal. I didn't even use the word great, by the way!

Again, don't lump me in with other people, I'm as disappointed about where we are as the next man and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about with 'you've been thinking the same', but for clarity- I have, I've been absolutely furious with Venky's for every single day of their reign and want them gone ASAP. No arguments from me re agents, though as John Williams said while he was here 'they are a necessary evil'.

If you don't play to win, I don't understand why you would play at all? Read Whittingham's interview for confirmation he feels similarly.

I've no idea on Whittingham's wage, I've not seen a copy of his contract......(I suspect, like many things, player wages, agents, you can find that by using a well known search engine).

Just now, JAL said:

A top goal keeper and two quality strikers for a start. 

Raya is going to be our number 1 this season..deserves it tbh after his performances in the last few games. Got rid of Steele and bring in an experience number 2..

I am very intetested in knowing who you would sign to raise this standard you mention considering the wage budget and our transfer budget. Can you give me 3 names? 1 ball winning centre midfielder, pacey winger and a striker? 

Both my lads have played Football manager for many years, for a short while I was concerned whether they could differentiate between reality and an online game, but it all turned out to be fine.

I'd be slightly more concerned for a few on this message board.

Archived