BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The encouraging thing is that only 8 people out of 100 have actually lost interest completely.

We're still relatively high profile in the Championship. Once we drop into League 1 and below I think interest will start decreasing rapidly. It'll be a very sharp and sobering decline.

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

I'm not sure supporters on this board are representative of the whole.

Of course not John.

It is a board of 'activists' whose views tend towards the extremities.

It is the 5% at either end of the spectrum who tend to make the most 'noise' and try to get the most attention.

The 90% just want an easy time, or walk away without protest.

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Right. Season ticket to be renewed.

Rovers till I die.

Like some of your posts recently but this one i dont. You would really have no hesitation in renewing after everything thats gone on? And no this isnt about loyalty or rovers being here first. Its about corrupt vile owners. I would support rovers if they were in the conference. But while these scumbags remain i wouldnt pay for a ticket with my own @#/?

Just now, roverandout said:

Like some of your posts recently but this one i dont. You would really have no hesitation in renewing after everything thats gone on? And no this isnt about loyalty or rovers being here first. Its about corrupt vile owners. I would support rovers if they were in the conference. But while these scumbags remain i wouldnt pay for a ticket with my own @#/?

Your choice entirely and no I have no hesitation whatsoever in renewing. The worse things get the more the Club needs the support of the dwindling numbers who do still go.

The place doesn't run on fresh air.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Your choice entirely and no I have no hesitation whatsoever in renewing. The worse things get the more the Club needs the support of the dwindling numbers who do still go.

The place doesn't run on fresh air.

Please educate yourself with the accounts, your quips suggest a lack of research

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Please educate yourself with the accounts, your quips suggest a lack of research

These accounts have been presented now in an easy to understand manner by people who care. For anyone thinking buying a season ticket and encouraging other people to do so, will save us, is on another planet. This club will not survive next season, as the finances are simply shattered and the evidence is plain to see, for anyone who cares to look.

Just now, lraC said:

These accounts have been presented now in an easy to understand manner by people who care. For anyone thinking buying a season ticket and encouraging other people to do so, will save us, is on another planet. This club will not survive next season, as the finances are simply shattered and the evidence is plain to see, for anyone who cares to look.

The accounts have been completely unsustainable for a number of seasons without Venky's providing guarantees 're funding surely?

As far as any operating budget goes a pound is a pound. Whether it goes towards the acquisition of a player or keeping a member of staff at Ewood in a job.

I think that I would renew my season ticket if it were easy to make games on a week to week basis, but as it is my ST was only used for ten matches this season and it's tough to justify £300+ for Championship football, let alone League One. It's a 400 mile round trip for a match for me, either by train or in the car, and I can no longer justify the regular expense.

I completely respect boycotters who want the keaner owners out - God knows I do too - but I fall in the camp of wanting to support the team as much as possible.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The accounts have been completely unsustainable for a number of seasons without Venky's providing guarantees 're funding surely?

As far as any operating budget goes a pound is a pound. Whether it goes towards the acquisition of a player or keeping a member of staff at Ewood in a job.

As someone has already suggested, educate yourself to these accounts, if you want to see the real picture. The latest accounts show quite clearly that the club is no longer a going concern and I promise that is not be being a scaremonger. More than one very senior and very qualified accountant, has already passed comment and suggest this business will be bust inside 12 months. We no longer have players to sell to prop this up and keep the wolves at bay for a little longer. We are over £120m in debt, a third tiers club, with not enough Income to pay the interest on our loans. Feel free to bury your head in the sand, but that is the stark reality.

Just now, lraC said:

As someone has already suggested, educate yourself to these accounts, if you want to see the real picture. The latest accounts show quite clearly that the club is no longer a going concern and I promise that is not be being a scaremonger. More than one very senior and very qualified accountant, has already passed comment and suggest this business will be bust inside 12 months. We no longer have players to sell to prop this up and keep the wolves at bay for a little longer. We are over £120m in debt, a third tiers club, with not enough Income to pay the interest on our loans. Feel free to bury your head in the sand, but that is the stark reality.

Your argument works both ways, if we're doomed anyway then there's no advantage to boycotting as they'll be gone anyhow.

Pay up front now, or pay by the game,  wait until the inevitable admin and then you will be helping the new owners, if we somehow are rescued, fund the Venky free future. The choice is simple.

With administration a possibility - will wait a while before deciding on whether to purchase a new ST.

If the owners go - will almost definitely buy one (money permitting).

If the owners accept the shared ownership scheme as previously proposed - same.

If they stay - really don't know - at the end of the day it is still Rovers whoever is the owner.

We should have a big round of applause for the JW Trust - he spent a lot of money to keep us out of the third division - and now because of their lack of respect for his memory we are there anyway. 

I'll be renewing, but waiting for now.

Suppose today will create more "boycotters".

I'm not happy about the situation, but it's the team I support.  If I stop going I will never go back.

Archived