BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

More cash bids? This has got "we invested heavily in the squad under our former manager Tony Mowbray, our new manager must use the resources available" written all over it. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go.  No surprise.

From LT:

But he admits there could be a senior player leave before the window closes.

When asked about the likelihood of a first-team player leaving before the window closes, Mowbray said: “There’s a potential of that.

“I have been talking to one club about a player but it has to suit everyone, it has to suit us, it has to suit the player and we will wait and see.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15497293.___There___s_a_potential_of_that________Tony_Mowbray_on_the_likelihood_of_a_departure_at_Rovers_before_the_transfer_window_closes/?ref=mac

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I.reckon that player is Liam Feeney Mercrrman

I think everybody hopes it is but in reality the majority think it will be Lenihan, Bennett, Mulgrew or Graham. Lenihan is favourite for me. He has been missing for three weeks now with a metatarsal (not broken by the way) injury.

Once again I feel we are about to be sold down the river.

26 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny Graham being sold. He seems to have lost his place and is probably on a very decent wage.

Yeah If he doesn't start today I could see Graham departing before Thursday.He will be our highest paid player and he didn't even get on the pitch against Burnley and with Mowbray seeming to prefer only one up front you would expect Samuel to be that man after he shelled out 500k on him.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

When asked about the likelihood of a first-team player leaving before the window closes, Mowbray said: “There’s a potential of that.

“I have been talking to one club about a player but it has to suit everyone, it has to suit us, it has to suit the player and we will wait and see.

Corry Evans? We got him from then-Premier League Hull, and he's a regular international. He won't be on a pittance, and I doubt he'd want to stick around here.

Just now, MGPensioner said:

It's all coming out now...as expected

Outgoings about to start

No more incomings

The U23s have started well so we will make do with some of them.

Can't believe we had to have a 3 month charade to end up where we knew we would end up. They really must think some of our fans are gullible...

Same old story. Hardly news anymore.

1 hour ago, DanielMB said:

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny Graham being sold. He seems to have lost his place and is probably on a very decent wage.

and for that reason, will be far more difficult to shift particularly with his lack of form.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I think everybody hopes it is but in reality the majority think it will be Lenihan, Bennett, Mulgrew or Graham. Lenihan is favourite for me. He has been missing for three weeks now with a metatarsal (not broken by the way) injury.

Once again I feel we are about to be sold down the river.

Odds on it's Mulgrew.  Would have to be done soon before the international break.

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know it's pointless to point out that if you keep selling your best players and replacing them with inferior players you're on the road to ruin. We all know that but I thought I'd say it anyway.

Yep.  Worrying thing for me are Mowbray's words:

“The Under-23s have started the season pretty strong so some of those, if they are given an opportunity it’s down to them to try and grab it.

“I’m pretty relaxed, we would like to add a couple of players.  If it happens it happens, if not, then we’ll get on with it.”

Suggests to me incomings are complete.

I just can't help but think the exit will be Lenihan, so many previous exits have been on the back of "injuries" and currently we haven't had the exit that the owners seem to demand that covers the cost of all purchases. 

The ultimate pessimist in me which being a Rovers fan has led me to be has a nagging feeling that 2 of Lenihan, Mulgrew and Graham won't be here on Friday with just a few of the under 23's promoted.

2 hours ago, DanielMB said:

I had a feeling a few weeks ago that maybe he's being frozen out to force him out. I know he hasn't been pulling up trees but nobody has and the way we've been playing has made it impossible for anyone up top really, add in the normal quite placid Mowbray has been yelling in his direction at times and Graham has been turning around throwing his arms up in return all doesn't seem right.

It would be typical Rovers to get rid of the man most capable of scoring and replace him with a loanee from Leeds who runs about a lot but has Luke Varney style scoring instincts !

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yep.  Worrying thing for me are Mowbray's words:

“The Under-23s have started the season pretty strong so some of those, if they are given an opportunity it’s down to them to try and grab it.

“I’m pretty relaxed, we would like to add a couple of players.  If it happens it happens, if not, then we’ll get on with it.”

Suggests to me incomings are complete.

Given the performances so far of the lads signed, I'd be happy to see one or two of the younger lads promoted.

Nuttall is the obvious one to be given a sub role but there are a couple of others.

10 hours ago, J*B said:

More cash bids? This has got "we invested heavily in the squad under our former manager Tony Mowbray, our new manager must use the resources available" written all over it. 

'David has been with the U23's a while now and they've been doing well so we see him stepping into the vacant senior management role  and bringing through those players as the right way forwards for this club as we look for stability in establishing ourselves in this league.'

Mike Cheston on behalf of Suhail Two Names somewhere around October !

It's clearly Lenihan. Clues being not being able to agree a fee, the deal has to be right for everyone and mentioning the treatment table. When it transpires that it Is, blame the player for downing tools and trying to force an underpriced move, rather than the manager.

Does Lenihan have a buyer now?Sheffield United brought in that centre half from Spurs on a season long loan yesterday .Lenihan could leave but I doubt very much that's the player Mowbray is referring too in the let article.Mowbray was proper bullish about Lenihan not being allowed to leave,so if he does leave it will probably be on the insistence of the owners and against Mowbrays wishes.In that article it reads like its a player Mowbray doesn't mind losing

26 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Doesn't sound like it is anyone that Mowbray particularly cares about losing, nothing to be worried about (hopefully).

Famous last words. . .. We shall see. Despite the major clear out since last season, there is still dead wood in the squad. Graham, for one should have been tearing up trees in this division, with his pedigree and experience - but instead he looks disinterested, disengaged and past his sell by. Evans is a luxury we can ill afford, with his injury record. Get rid of both and bring in a couple of hungry players looking for a platform to show off their talent.

Defender = essential

Striker = essential

Midfielder = gilding the lilly

Gk = insurance

Consistent tactics, graft, commitment & flexibility = essential

The law of requisit variety states that the most flexible participant in any system will get the best results over time. Flexibility yes please, chaos and confusion no thanks.

Venkys out! Backwards stawt.

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Odds on it's Mulgrew.  Would have to be done soon before the international break.

You really need to stop beginning ANY sentence with that! ^_^

50 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Was that ever in doubt ?

Yes in those minds who continually swallow the tried and trusted soundbites chucked out by manager after manager at Ewood despite the actions always ending up otherwise !

Archived