BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you under 34? Are you over 6 foot 3? Are you on the 'heavy' side? Do you have tattoos on your face / neck? Do you have previous for suspected anger management issues? Do you have one of; shaved head, mohican, lines shaved into your head? 

If you answered 'Yes' to at least 4 out of the above 6 questions and could commit to 4 training sessions a week in the Ribble Valley plus a maximum of two games per week, please send an image of yourself to T.Mowbray@rovers.co.uk along with a contact number. You could end up being a professional footballer. 

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Sums up modern fans. Lads played less than 3 games for crying out loud, you and those liking the post should perhaps get a sense of perspective! 

Jal, I'm suprised you didn't make some remark on his nationality! 

To be fair it's up to TM to pull him and bench him or put him with the under 23s.  He was inept at Bradford, Non existent against Burnley and woeful yesterday.  Should be nowhere near the first team until he scores a few at a lower level.   Not what we need at this moment of time.  Why not send him back and try and get a better option in?

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair it's up to TM to pull him and bench him or put him with the under 23s.  He was inept at Bradford, Non existent against Burnley and woeful yesterday.  Should be nowhere near the first team until he scores a few at a lower level.   Not what we need at this moment of time.  Why not send him back and try and get a better option in?

Yea but... two questions; What has Graham achieved this season? Do you know the loan rules?

My own opinion is reserved for giving the lad time. Lest ye forget the well respected kamy described Rudy Gestede as a "poor mans leon best" and he went on to succeed at Rovers. Give the lad a chance.

1 minute ago, Biz said:

Yea but... two questions; What has Graham achieved this season? Do you know the loan rules?

My own opinion is reserved for giving the lad time. Lest ye forget the well respected kamy described Rudy Gestede as a "poor mans leon best" and he went on to succeed at Rovers. Give the lad a chance.

Kammy is jusy a regular guy who is a gamer from Blackburn and volunteers for BRFCS. No offence but he's not an ex pro or a licenced coach, so whatever he says I just take like any other fan has said it, let's not pretend he's a football scout or something.

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

Are you under 34? Are you over 6 foot 3? Are you on the 'heavy' side? Do you have tattoos on your face / neck? Do you have previous for suspected anger management issues? Do you have one of; shaved head, mohican, lines shaved into your head? 

If you answered 'Yes' to at least 4 out of the above 6 questions and could commit to 4 training sessions a week in the Ribble Valley plus a maximum of two games per week, please send an image of yourself to T.Mowbray@rovers.co.uk along with a contact number. You could end up being a professional footballer. 

How many duds has TM signed? Don't forget we are merely 4 league games into the season and he's only had one transfer window.

Its not difficult to get see why people think that few want things to get worse when you read posts like this.

Just now, AAK said:

Kammy is jusy a regular guy who is a gamer from Blackburn and volunteers for BRFCS. No offence but he's not an ex pro or a licenced coach, so whatever he says I just take like any other fan has said it, let's not pretend he's a football scout or something.

Missing the point entirely. If you can justify writing a player off after such limited time, go ahead.

12 minutes ago, Biz said:

Missing the point entirely. If you can justify writing a player off after such limited time, go ahead.

I'm not missing the point you said 'well respected' as if to say, look, someone who has a great knowledge of the game got it wrong in respect of Gestede, whereas it is just like anyone else on hear saying the same thing. It's a poor example, sorry. If you'd have said, the majority on here said as such then fair enough. Not having a go either, just saying mate.

Just now, AAK said:

I'm not missing the point you said 'well respected' as if to say, look, someone who has a great knowledge of the game got it wrong in respect of Gestede, whereas it is just like anyone else on hear saying the same thing. It's a poor example, sorry.

When you can't discuss the actual point- writing off the player, you ARE missing the point pal. I'm not here to discuss the legitimacy of Kamys posting, his printed opinion is up for discussion, just like everyone else.

I'm truly bewildered, I've read the post back a few times- I'll remind you again so I'm absolutely 100% you understand what I am saying;

Don't judge a player so soon. 

1 hour ago, Biz said:

How many duds has TM signed? Don't forget we are merely 4 league games into the season and he's only had one transfer window.

Its not difficult to get see why people think that few want things to get worse when you read posts like this.

I should have put it in code to help you.

[SARCASM] [/SARCASM]

1 hour ago, Biz said:

What has it got to do with Graham? A player you would obviously give more time, due to him being proven in the top English leagues.

A loan can be cancelled at any time (as I understand it) providing both clubs agree.  

Gestede came in and made an immediate impact.  It was clear from his first game that he had something to offer.  Please tell me what Antonsson brings to the table, based on appearances to date and goal scoring record at Leeds.

Why give the lad more game time when we have a 20 year old scoring for fun in the under 23s?   

5 hours ago, Biz said:

Sums up modern fans. Lads played less than 3 games for crying out loud, you and those liking the post should perhaps get a sense of perspective! 

Jal, I'm suprised you didn't make some remark on his nationality! 

What's nationalities got to do with it.... if, you can't do the job ?   

Any news on the dummies departure Antonsson going purely off the supporters who've seen him attempt to play footy. 

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

His reaction to the second though... (photo earlier in the thread).

Not saying he won't be on his way but that's no measure.

What I would say was interesting was that there was no real fan interaction after the goals. They ran over to the family stand area but it was very much introspective between the players. It's a job to most of this lot.

Id be surprised if he's off as Mowbray made him captain. If Mulgrew wanted or expressed a desire to leave surely Mulgrew would not have been made captain 

5 hours ago, Biz said:

CRAP.

On the subject of Graham, he was signed when we were in the Championship and did a pretty fair job. I can't believe he can't succeed in this tinpot league.

If he's unfit and disinterested now, then apparently we just shuffle him of somewhere, presumably losing more money in the process?

Why aren't Mowbray and the rest of the management team doing their job? Get him fit and motivate him! Is that too hard?

It would be daft to write any player off at this point. I cringe at people writing Whittingham off especially. He's a proven class act, just in  a new league, in new surroundings and in ever changing systems.

Graham looks like he is lacking motivation, that can all change at the end of the window. Again, he can finish at a higher level than this amd could be an asset.

Nobody knows anything about Antonsson yet. Prime examples, Pederson and Jansen were rubbish early doors, as have countless others been. Stop demanding instant impacts, It's daft and unrealistic. Give players a chance to fail, not 90 mins against a Prem side in the cup and a mundane performance in a 4 - 1 win. The season is 4 games old and quite a few were baying for Mowbray's blood after one game. It really is ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It would be daft to write any player off at this point. I cringe at people writing Whittingham off especially. He's a proven class act, just in  a new league, in new surroundings and in ever changing systems.

Graham looks like he is lacking motivation, that can all change at the end of the window. Again, he can finish at a higher level than this amd could be an asset.

Nobody knows anything about Antonsson yet. Prime examples, Pederson and Jansen were rubbish early doors, as have countless others been. Stop demanding instant impacts, It's daft and unrealistic. Give players a chance to fail, not 90 mins against a Prem side in the cup and a mundane performance in a 4 - 1 win. The season is 4 games old and quite a few were baying for Mowbray's blood after one game. It really is ridiculous.

Pederson and Jansen were permanent signings.  Of course you give them time because they are contracted to us.  We are basically doing Leeds a favour by playing him.  He's 26, not some young pup.  Look at the impact Chapman has made...He will clearly be an asset to us.  

Football is a game where confidence is key to performance. The best footballers have an abundance of innate ability and unflappable confidence that what they try will come off. Human beings, however, are all fallible and dogged (sic) by egos that interfere with unconscious performance, particularly under scrutiny from critical others. What Antonsson needs is perhaps a spell out of the spotlight to get his confidence and swagger back. He's shown great ability in the past (see youtube evidence of that) and now appears to be carrying a major mental block - which can't be particularly helped when he's trying to shift it in front of a critical crowd like our lot (especially when you can hear a mouse-fart at Ewood these days, let alone the 'expert' snidey commentary of reeky old basstads like me echoing out of the stands).

I agree we are doing Leeds a favour by playing him. However, if his confidence gets a boost, then so do his scoring boots. I'd be tempted to work him hard in training, bench him for 1st team fixtures and then bring him on for 20 mins or so as an impact sub. If that experiment didn't work, then maybe I'd send him back after January. But I'd give him a chance.

Venkys Out! Anagram Tsatw!

:brfc:

13 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

What has it got to do with Graham? A player you would obviously give more time, due to him being proven in the top English leagues.

A loan can be cancelled at any time (as I understand it) providing both clubs agree.  

Gestede came in and made an immediate impact.  It was clear from his first game that he had something to offer.  Please tell me what Antonsson brings to the table, based on appearances to date and goal scoring record at Leeds.

Why give the lad more game time when we have a 20 year old scoring for fun in the under 23s?   

Totally agree, I do not rate Attonsson. I do not see what he offers, he looked lost and struggled to keep the ball at his feet. He may prove me wrong but Nuttall is banging them in for fun at the moment. Give him a chance! 

Archived