BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Also one of those 2 strikers is the lad from Leeds. Let that sink in a moment...

Our squad needs at least 1 proper striker without Graham going. If he leaves we need 2.  

+ 1 defender or 2 if Lenihan goes.

+ 1 full back.

So depending on outgoings we need 3 in regardless and could rise to 5 if 2 of Graham, Lenihan, Mulgrew or Bennett go. Hardly a complete squad. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has spend money this summer on players and still looking for buy players..

He has made 9 signings and we need 3 more. A striker like Hanson, pacey winger and a centre back. 

If you spend £3 million and save £5 million that is not investing

Just now, MGPensioner said:

KERCHING ! 

Not everyone gets that

Or if you rake in over £300 Million in seven years and are over £100 million in debt, some serious miss management or book fiddling has gone on.

4 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Technically correct but didn't you read Mowbray tell us that the U23 have started well and they will fill in the gaps.

So why wouldn't you want to push on your best young players?  The likes of Dougie, Clayton, Vernon, Dobing, Metcalfe, Faz, Barker and so many more were playing regular first team football long before they reached the age of some of lads in the Under-23 team.  In the last ten years or so - quite a bit longer really - we have held players back instead of giving them the opportunity to show what they can do.     

Yes and look where that got us.

Nothing like a bit of energy, desire and enthusiasm. Almost went home excited after seeing some great performances from the youngsters on Saturday. 7 years of conditioning soon brought me down to earth but for a moment I almost forgot myself......................

Could be good timing for us if Tony gets any sell on cash.

Most clubs put at least a 10% sell on clause in their deals.

Newcastle paid 5.5mil for him. If they take a loss and sell him for 3-4 mil, its still a good 300k-400k for us hopefully.

Although a small amount, it goes a long way in this league

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

No, I wouldn't. 'Plenty' suggests enough or more than enough, which I don't think is the case. We've let circa 15 depart and only brought in about 8-9 so regardless of the standard of incomings/departures there is a substantial gap in numbers.

I think we've recruited the bare minimum or arguably not enough. We've no cover at LB or CB (with 1 currently out injured and the other two injury prone) and we're at the bare bones stage up front regardless of whether Graham stays or not. One lengthy injury/loss of form and we've no options to pick from.

A quick totting up of the numbers. Dack rumoured £750k, Samuel £200-250k, Gladwin £100k. Maybe a million quid. Mahoney tribunal fee on its way along with Steele rumoured £500k and this warchest they've provided over the summer amounts to buying a house down Ossy.

Not to mention the downsized wage structure

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Hanley is a poor player. Newcastle sussed that out slightly too late.  

Nonsense. Hanley is a very good Championship player. He and Duffy formed an excellent partnership, one of the best in the division. 

32 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Depends what clause you put in... So technically wrong.

Usually sell on clauses are worked on profit,maybe I'm wrong but doubt we will be seeing any of the Hanley money.Newcastle are already making a loss of 2 million on him

Did we get any sell on when Rhodes went to Wednesday?

Archived