Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

No way a tap in

agree, no way a tap in for me. it was through the legs of the defender, wasn't it? I haven't seen the highlights, only managed to see it live.

I think he was subbed because he got a bang. anyhow, I would rate him 7. Worked hard but should do better.

And ooooooooo....enjoyed the goal celebration in front of the fans..

good saturday all round, I enjoyed the 0-3.

11 hours ago, Ozz said:

Those on the later train from Rochdale back to East lancs via Todmorden Curve, inc Bob Fleming and Scotty were witness to the improved version of Richie Smallwood song-We`ll never be the same again. 

I thought it was a tremendous effort Ozz. Reminiscent of the Charlatans during their Wonderland phase. It sure silienced those anonymous dingles who were on the train. Possibly through fear, probably in horror. The train stop at burnley on the way back was hilarious.

6 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Anybody else think antonnsson finish and goal was alot cleverer than a tap in??

Yeah me. When I saw it at the game I was at the other end of the ground and it looked a simple tap in. Watching it on TV it's a cool clever finish. Most players would have gone for a side foot shot there and telegraphed where the ball was going. He gave it a little dig with the toe end of his boot and did the goalie completely.

Having said that that was all he did in my opinion. If we're going to play 2 up front ( which I for one want us to do, especially at home ) we need more from the second striker. We can't afford to carry a pure goal poacher in this division. Tony Field, Simon Garner, David Speedie all had much more to their game.

8 hours ago, AAK said:

That was Hughes, MGP made his debut away to Newcastle, that was just as Souness had joined Newcastle. Souness had just signed him a few weeks before.

Pedersen actually made his debut against Man Utd at home in a 1-1 draw. I remember it well because about 5 minutes from the end of a game were he had done the square root of nothing a gilt edged chance fell to him right in front of goal. I thought " Make a name for yourself here son "  -  as far as I know they're still looking for the ball. He ballooned a great shooting chance miles over the bar.

Having chased the player for weeks and emptied the Trust piggy bank to sign him I was really disappointed in what I saw. He looked like an amateur player in a professional game.

I can understand you thinking he made his debut at Newcastle because he was completely anonymous against Utd.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lol. 

To be fair imo MGP was brilliant for a number of seasons then inexplicably turned garbage more or less overnight and remained that way for his final 5 seasons or so at Ewood.

During that initial period when he was dropped Souness sent him off to the gym for a few months purely to work on building his strength up as I recall. 

There's a difference between scoring brilliant goals and being brilliant.

9 hours ago, AAK said:

That was Hughes, MGP made his debut away to Newcastle, that was just as Souness had joined Newcastle. Souness had just signed him a few weeks before.

Damn wasn't until November was it not. I remember him signing just before we played Newcastle. So Hughes obviously thought he was nowhere near ready for quite a while.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pedersen actually made his debut against Man Utd at home in a 1-1 draw. I remember it well because about 5 minutes from the end of a game were he had done the square root of nothing a gilt edged chance fell to him right in front of goal. I thought " Make a name for yourself here son "  -  as far as I know they're still looking for the ball. He ballooned a great shooting chance miles over the bar.

Having chased the player for weeks and emptied the Trust piggy bank to sign him I was really disappointed in what I saw. He looked like an amateur player in a professional game.

I can understand you thinking he made his debut at Newcastle because he was completely anonymous against Utd.

Damn wasn't until November was it not. I remember him signing just before we played Newcastle. So Hughes obviously thought he was nowhere near ready for quite a while.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pederson got quite a bit of stick initially after coming out and openly admitting that he was using Rovers as a stepping stone club in his career. Said he planned on joining the likes of United at some point. Nothing wrong with that of course but probably better to have kept it to himself. Funny how it never worked out though but I do think he fell in love with the club and probably regrets saying that.

21 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Trolling? Give over.

Whereas its not trolling to come on here and trot out the usual "We'll never get anywhere until Venky's leave." line every time we lose a game and /or the manager has got the tactics or formation completely wrong or individual players have failed to perform on the day I suppose.

We won't get anywhere till Venkys leave no matter what happens short-term from week to week.

I say this whether we win lose or draw. Not the same as coming on here looking for a scrap WHEN WE HAVE WON!

Just now, Swanson said:

He looks like a player low on confidence.

We may not get anywhere until Venky's leave but if they continue to act in an ostensibly normal manner like they did this summer by retaining and meeting Mowbray, discussing his plans with him and releasing the funds for the players he wanted for this level we just might.

When Neal and I'm sure many others like him say they'll never be happy until Venky's leave then that is an attitude I cant understand or even tolerate because by extension it means they'rll never be happy even if we start to do well and are presimably going to be even unhappier if  because of that the prospect of the owners leaving recedes.

So no apologies from me if I criticise that sort of attitude in general ifrom time to time if we continue to improve and people are still trying to find excuses to be miserable.

(Sorry reply to 47'er's post)

29 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Is he playing with a view to a contract at Rovers or just here to gain experience and use us ?

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Pederson got quite a bit of stick initially after coming out and openly admitting that he was using Rovers as a stepping stone club in his career. Said he planned on joining the likes of United at some point. Nothing wrong with that of course but probably better to have kept it to himself. Funny how it never worked out though but I do think he fell in love with the club and probably regrets saying that.

He wanted to use us as a stepping stone to bigger things, then he woke up.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We may not get anywhere until Venky's leave but if they continue to act in an ostensibly normal manner like they did this summer by retaining and meeting Mowbray, discussing his plans with him and releasing the funds for the players he wanted for this level we just might.

When Neal and I'm sure many others like him say they'll never be happy until Venky's leave then that is an attitude I cant understand or even tolerate because by extension it means they'rll never be happy even if we start to do well and are presimably going to be even unhappier if  because of that the prospect of the owners leaving recedes.

So no apologies from me if I criticise that sort of attitude in general ifrom time to time if we continue to improve and people are still trying to find excuses to be miserable.

(Sorry reply to 47'er's post)

How good are the mighty Rochdale as a gauge to Rovers progress rev.

Just now, JAL said:

On Saturday not very. They've had injuries and a sickness bug in the camp. They haven't yet scored a goal from open play according to their site. After what I saw on Saturday I can see why. That's why I'm not getting carried away, we'll know a lot more after tomorrow.

Just now, JAL said:

They were shocking. Probably not a good  gauge at all and we'll know quite a bit more after tomorrow night hopefully.

Then again, MK Dons were shocking as well so who knows if we can strike up a reasonably consistent level of performance.

Archived