BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

They were rested because they were carrying knocks. Quite simple really. Is it really worth risking an injury at this stage? 

At this stage? This stage is right before a 2 month break. Thanks F we aren’t in the play-offs, we’d have been screwed.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some folk on here that are just unbelievable

Over the past few years we've had a revolving door for managers at Ewood.

We've had organised street protests.

Fans boycotting games

2 relegation

Zero affinity between club and fans

Then...

Mowbray comes in, gets us promoted at the 1st time, galvanises the club and fans and we are set for a 20k plus crowd for a party on Saturday

But....1 defeat, 1 effing defeat and people start calling Mowbray out

Have you literally been waiting since the Plymouth game so you could complain about him ?

You need a bloody reality check pal

Just now, Stuart said:

At this stage? This stage is right before a 2 month break. Thanks F we aren’t in the play-offs, we’d have been screwed.

If you have a hamstring strain you could easily tear it by being pushed unnecessarily. That could create further risk of injury in the future. 

We aren't in the play offs because players played though injuries to get us over the line with two games to spare. 

You may want to whip the players out and risk them needlessly getting injured, but luckily Mowbray and the reasonable and sensible fans on here don't. 

10 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

On the players having a nights out, of permission was given by the manager, then why not. Being old school though, another manager may tell the players that they can rest and go wild when the season is done, just not yet.

if we had players who Put in extra work after and outside of training like C. Ronaldo or golden balls Becks, players who took care of their bodies etc, we might have more youths emerging. Saying this mainly after seeing Caddis’ shape. ? Is he nearing retirement? 

In the village I spend my summer holidays in out in Spain they have a bar football tournament.  There are about 10 to 12 teams in it each year. They play 7 a side on an artificial pitch about 3/4 full size.  The comp lasts about 3 to 4 weeks and there are 2 games each night. It's really competitive, a decent standard, and there are one or two pro club ( Granada and Almeria ) rejects among the players.

They have the final on a Friday night and the winning squad take the trophy back to their bar. They really celebrate but nobody gets pissed up , one or two have a bottle of beer, most have a soft drink. It's a totally different mentality over there. Getting pissed up is looked as being unmanly. If that comp was in the UK half the team would wrecked by midnight.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Those moaning about yesterday's starting 11. Read this ye moaners and leave the football management to Mowbray 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16191552.Tony_Mowbray_reacts_to_Rovers__defeat_at_Charlton_Athletic/?ref=mac

Why is he talking about trying to get certain players to play next week? There’s no point now.

Good to hear that “Conway has broken a metatarsal so I don't think [he] will [play]”. ?

Just now, Stuart said:

Why is he talking about trying to get certain players to play next week? There’s no point now.

Good to hear that “Conway has broken a metatarsal so I don't think [he] will [play]”. ?

Because their injuries aren't as serious or worrying as Dacks. Let's be honest, he was the main miss from yesterday 

Why is that good to hear? 

If you have a hamstring strain you could easily tear it by being pushed unnecessarily. That could create further risk of injury in the future. 

We aren't in the play offs because players played though injuries to get us over the line with two games to spare. 

You may want to whip the players out and risk them needlessly getting injured, but luckily Mowbray and the reasonable and sensible fans on here don't. 

Just shows how lucky we were then. Lucky that Shrewsbury had a melt down or we would have been spending another season in L1.

Still nobody has said what was mysteriously wrong with Raya, Bennett and Graham. Let alone why Travis wasn’t started.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Those moaning about yesterday's starting 11. Read this ye moaners and leave the football management to Mowbray 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16191552.Tony_Mowbray_reacts_to_Rovers__defeat_at_Charlton_Athletic/?ref=mac

If Bennett and Williams are actually injured and will not train this week then HTF can they be considered for the Oxford game?

I agree with playing a predominately u23 team, let the first team squad rest up, recover from whatever ails them and just turn out for the lap of honour and applause.

It would be nice to announce team plans well in advance.

Oxford are safe, we want to give Wigan the Title that nobody remembers so give youth a go.

Is this post "Company/Corporate" enough for 5 likes and a Brownie Badge I wonder?

Because their injuries aren't as serious or worrying as Dacks. Let's be honest, he was the main miss from yesterday 

Why is that good to hear? 

Sarcasm: “Don’t think”?

Surely if a player has a broken metatarsal then there is no thinking to do. They are definitely out.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

If Bennett and Williams are actually injured and will not train this week then HTF can they be considered for the Oxford game?

I agree with playing a predominately u23 team, let the first team squad rest up, recover from whatever ails them and just turn out for the lap of honour and applause.

It would be nice to announce team plans well in advance.

Oxford are safe, we want to give Wigan the Title that nobody remembers so give youth a go.

Is this post "Company/Corporate" enough for 5 likes and a Brownie Badge I wonder?

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shagging a lot is the worst thing for a hamstring tear. I remember a Doc telling me that years ago.:rover: Also the cause of many muscle strains, depending on Karma Sutra page employment.

I am being totally serious as it's Sunday.

Also I am totally elated to have got promotion so congrats to ALL.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I was wondering about this when yesterday’s line up was announced. Do the rules allow for so many changes to the youth players?

I always thought the changes allowed for youth players, although I may be conflating it with FUP rules

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Just shows how lucky we were then. Lucky that Shrewsbury had a melt down or we would have been spending another season in L1.

Still nobody has said what was mysteriously wrong with Raya, Bennett and Graham. Let alone why Travis wasn’t started.

Ya lucky we won enough games to qualify with 2 games to spare rather than having to risk players carrying knocks. True that. Well said Stuart 

Ya lucky we won enough games to qualify with 2 games to spare rather than having to risk players carrying knocks. True that. Well said Stuart 

Definitely. Sounds like we’ve been lucky to even put a team out for the last month.

If we’d have broken down two weeks ago it could have been so different.

Glad you’ve seen sense. ??

28 minutes ago, AlanK said:

There are some folk on here that are just unbelievable

Over the past few years we've had a revolving door for managers at Ewood.

We've had organised street protests.

Fans boycotting games

2 relegation

Zero affinity between club and fans

Then...

Mowbray comes in, gets us promoted at the 1st time, galvanises the club and fans and we are set for a 20k plus crowd for a party on Saturday

Have you literally been waiting since the Plymouth game so you could complain about him ?

We are all ecstatic to be promoted, however we didn't all lose our critical faculties in the process.

Not everything Rovers is unimprovable and the Championship was unexpectedly there for the taking yesterday.

This is nothing to do with "1 defeat", people have made the same points about selection and subs all season.

On one point however I do agree with you--some folk on here are  just unbelievable!

TM is the best manager we have had for years but he is not above criticism.

40 minutes ago, AlanK said:

Straw man argument. You’re in good company on here.

Look at the threads I’ve “complained” in the Charlton match thread and “The Battle For The Title”. Both, in isolation, are failures. Expectation had risen and as soon as the team was announced it was a complete downer. I watched the game on the concourse at Ewood and there was no atmosphere whatsoever. The most excitement was the news that Wigan had gone behind. Mowbray got it wrong yesterday and is now hiding behind injuries when he could have gone for a youthful team. Of course, the super fans default position is “how dare anyone question St Anthony after the miracles he’s performed”!

Reality? Take off the blue and white goggles pal.

Just now, Stuart said:

Definitely. Sounds like we’ve been lucky to even put a team out for the last month.

If we’d have broken down two weeks ago it could have been so different.

Glad you’ve seen sense. ??

Every team in the league will have players in that condition, carrying knocks and strains, at this point in the season. The ones that play for the teams that need the points will have to get patched up and go again.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Every team in the league will have players in that condition, carrying knocks and strains, at this point in the season. The ones that play for the teams that need the points will have to get patched up and go again.

Two more games?

But even then Leutweiler and Caddis shouldn’t be near the starting XI.

31 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Straw man argument. You’re in good company on here.

Look at the threads I’ve “complained” in the Charlton match thread and “The Battle For The Title”. Both, in isolation, are failures. Expectation had risen and as soon as the team was announced it was a complete downer. I watched the game on the concourse at Ewood and there was no atmosphere whatsoever. The most excitement was the news that Wigan had gone behind. Mowbray got it wrong yesterday and is now hiding behind injuries when he could have gone for a youthful team. Of course, the super fans default position is “how dare anyone question St Anthony after the miracles he’s performed”!

Reality? Take off the blue and white goggles pal.

Bottom line Stuart, whether you like it or not, is that Mowbray knows more about the players and their fitness than either you or I.  It's been clear for weeks that several have been carrying knocks and not at their usual standards of fitness - you only have to seen Dack at Gillingham and Bristol to know that.  With promotion won why would anyone consider risking players to long term injury when they are clearly struggling.  Our target was promotion and we have achieved that.  Yesterday was a really great day for those who were at the game and yet coming back and reading this messageboard anyone would think we'd been relegated again.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Bottom line Stuart, whether you like it or not, is that Mowbray knows more about the players and their fitness than either you or I.  It's been clear for weeks that several have been carrying knocks and not at their usual standards of fitness - you only have to seen Dack at Gillingham and Bristol to know that.  With promotion won why would anyone consider risking players to long term injury when they are clearly struggling.  Our target was promotion and we have achieved that.  Yesterday was a really great day for those who were at the game and yet coming back and reading this messageboard anyone would think we'd been relegated again.

Agree in part (still no nearer on Raya, Bennett and Graham) but still ignores the poor choice of replacements and formation that he made.

If promotion was the only target then he should have played a youth team. But you and I know he won’t.

First game next season in the Championship with hopefully a lot of new additions, will you still be angry about finishing second this season? No, you won’t Stuart. Finishing top or second in this years championship means nothing to our chances next season

If I had gone down to Charlton yesterday, I wouldn’t have expected to see anything different from what was on show. The season finished for rovers after Doncaster. You might not like that, but it was always going to happen.

Just now, Stuart said:

Agree in part (still no nearer on Raya, Bennett and Graham) but still ignores the poor choice of replacements and formation that he made.

If promotion was the only target then he should have played a youth team. But you and I know he won’t.

Totally disagree with the last part Stuart.  From what I've heard the youngsters will get their opportunity next season.  I believe the likes of Dack, Raya, Conway will be missing next week and that it's touch and go for Bennett and Williams.  Much rather have them missing the last two games with the target already achieved.  The last thing we need is players picking up injuries and being ruled at for the start of pre-season.  At the moment I think there is just Joe Rankin-Costello who is going to be touch and go for pre-season.  At the end of the day it's been a great week Stuart.  At the Hawthorns on Monday celebrating a championship won, Doncaster on Tuesday celebrating promotion and a terrific celebratory atmosphere at The Valley yesterday.  These sort of days don't come along all that often following the Rovers and it's been a brilliant week to be a Rover.  For the first time in a few years I'm really looking forward to a new season.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Totally disagree with the last part Stuart.  From what I've heard the youngsters will get their opportunity next season.

Based on what? Actions speak louder that words, Parson. Mowbray has not helped our U23s progress and has certainly halted Nuttall’s development. (Hopefully only temporarily). Why would he trust them next season when every point will be precious in the hunt for 50 points.

With respect you would have been looking forward to next season if we were in the Championship, League One, or even League Two. That’s just how you view all things Rovers.

Personally I think next season is going to be much more difficult and a lot less enjoyable. We will be up against half a league with millions to spend. Much depends on what we (or rather Venkys) do over the Summer.

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Why should the youth team started the game?

Surely they should only play if they deserve to and good enough?

Mulgrew, Smallwood and Evans have been regular all season. Lenihan has been regular since coming back into the team. Downing played his part. Bell hardly played since signing due to Williams form, Armstrong been regular since signing here. Samuel also played his part this season. Fans have been asking for Payne to play. When he does you say it was weaker side. Football is a squad game now and you dont seem to understand that. 

Why keep mentioning the formation?

Why do you keep digging/moaning that Mowbray wont play youth players? He stuck by Raya all season when fans have been wanting him dropped. Were Mowbray wrong or the fans who wanting him drop wrong?

Archived