BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

We have lacked depth which we have Addressed. Hopefully over the next few windows we can start to sprinkle Abit of quality and bring one or two in to go straight into the first 11 why the younger lads mature into decent championship players. I think that's what Tony's thinking is. Hopefully we can hold onto the likes of dack whilst this rebuilding is under way as if the best keep getting cherry picked it's one step forward to steps back. 

I’m not as worried about the centre half issue in the short term mainly due to Williams.

I personally think he’s got more attributes to be in the middle than as full back - he’s good positionally, plus strong in the air and can tackle, but just doesn’t really have the mobility a modern full back increasingly needs.

If we can try and get through to January relatively unscathed, obviously no guarantees with the injury record of Mulgrew and Lenihan then we can try and get this Bauer at a knock down price or look elsewhere for reinforcements.

57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m not as worried about the centre half issue in the short term mainly due to Williams.

I personally think he’s got more attributes to be in the middle than as full back - he’s good positionally, plus strong in the air and can tackle, but just doesn’t really have the mobility a modern full back increasingly needs.

If we can try and get through to January relatively unscathed, obviously no guarantees with the injury record of Mulgrew and Lenihan then we can try and get this Bauer at a knock down price or look elsewhere for reinforcements.

I think Bauer has done some ligament damage. He probably won't be fit himself by January in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Chapman got 15 for Boro last night, pleased for him getting some game time but selfishly hope he doesn’t impress too much so we can still pick him up cheap in Jan.

That Boro team was very much a second string with fellow young wingers Tavernier and Wing ahead of him.

They dont usually start with wingers at all so he is definitely there for the taking.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shame Pulis blocked his move here on deadline day then?

Pulis is a prick. He would stall a young lads career just to have a 5th choice for a position. Mowbray showed with Whittingham, Ward and Caddis, to name 3, that he is a decent man,who looks at the bigger picture outside of football. 

Players will respect him for it in the long run 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Pulis is a prick. He would stall a young lads career just to have a 5th choice for a position. Mowbray showed with Whittingham, Ward and Caddis, to name 3, that he is a decent man,who looks at the bigger picture outside of football. 

Totally agree there. Cant stand the bloke comes across as very arrogance and far too much up his own &$$ :lol::lol:

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Caddis that desperate for a club he’s been editing his own wiki

‘He predominantly plays as either a right back or right winger, but due to his versatility, and having two good feet, he can also play at left back and anywhere across the midfield.’

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Caddis

Good idea if he did. If he is linked with a club, it's the first place the experts on the message board will look, just like we do :)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shame Pulis blocked his move here on deadline day then?

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The main thing that is overlooked is that even if he came here, Mowbray doesnt rate him enough to be anything other than a sub.

You are also ignoring the fact that Nuttall and Travis had loan moves blocked, the latter was seemingly very annoyed by that, and neither will hardly kick a ball at senior level, so your examples are flawed. Wards deal had expired, and the other 2 are players whose careers are coming to a close.

We arent a charity case.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The main thing that is overlooked is that even if he came here, Mowbray doesnt rate him enough to be anything other than a sub.

You are also ignoring the fact that Nuttall and Travis had loan moves blocked, the latter was seemingly very annoyed by that, and neither will hardly kick a ball at senior level, so your examples are flawed. Wards deal had expired, and the other 2 are players whose careers are coming to a close.

We arent a charity case.

Nonsense in many ways. On the first point, Mowbray obviously rates him enough to want to sign him. 

On the next paragraph, I read Travis saw his deal break down for unspecified reason. Where did you see that it was blocked? Perhaps Nutalls was, again didn't see that confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. 

Finally, you are totally wrong on Ward. He went on loan in January, his deal wasn't up until the summer. 

You had a bit of a mare there :)

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Stoke losing 3-0 to Forest. Nice boost for Forest prior to playing us. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rowett get the sack soon. 

Now 3-2 going into 6 mins of injury time

Stoke seem to finish a lot stronger than they start 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nonsense in many ways. On the first point, Mowbray obviously rates him enough to want to sign him. 

On the next paragraph, I read Travis saw his deal break down for unspecified reason. Where did you see that it was blocked? Perhaps Nutalls was, again didn't see that confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. 

Finally, you are totally wrong on Ward. He went on loan in January, his deal wasn't up until the summer. 

You had a bit of a mare there :)

Surely by the same logic, Pulis somewhat rates him to block the move?

If Pulis feels that he needs Chapman in any way then he is perfectly entitled to keep him, rather than gift him to a Championship rival to further his career. Pulis is a prick but I dont understand how you can hold a grudge about this.

The examples that you gave of players that show Mowbray apart from Pulis are totally incomparable, in that they are players whose careers are near the end, weve probably financially benefited in the long run by paying them a lump sum now.

With Travis and Nuttall we dont know exactly why they are still here but I used them as examples of players that for whatever reason have stayed at the club despite like Chapman at Boro being down the pecking order and unlikely to start in the League between now and the turn of the year.

With Ward, I presumed you meant in the summer. Obviously we let him go in January as we didnt want him and someone else specifically did.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We arent a charity case.

Mowbray said he sees Chapman at the start being a sub but he would develop more and get better as the season went on. 

Here why Nuttall didnt go out on loan https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16611063.rovers-striker-could-have-to-wait-until-january-for-loan-move/?ref=mac

On Travis, he will get a move in January. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely by the same logic, Pulis somewhat rates him to block the move?

If Pulis feels that he needs Chapman in any way then he is perfectly entitled to keep him, rather than gift him to a Championship rival to further his career. Pulis is a prick but I dont understand how you can hold a grudge about this.

The examples that you gave of players that show Mowbray apart from Pulis are totally incomparable, in that they are players whose careers are near the end, weve probably financially benefited in the long run by paying them a lump sum now.

With Travis and Nuttall we dont know exactly why they are still here but I used them as examples of players that for whatever reason have stayed at the club despite like Chapman at Boro being down the pecking order and unlikely to start in the League between now and the turn of the year.

With Ward, I presumed you meant in the summer. Obviously we let him go in January as we didnt want him and someone else specifically did.

Pulis has a lack of numbers there. It look like he didnt get the signings he wanted in the summer. Had to wheel and deal. 

Cant stand Pulis one bit. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray said he sees Chapman at the start being a sub but he would develop more and get better as the season went on. 

Here why Nuttall didnt go out on loan https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16611063.rovers-striker-could-have-to-wait-until-january-for-loan-move/?ref=mac

On Travis, he will get a move in January. 

Pulis has a lack of numbers there. It look like he didnt get the signings he wanted in the summer. Had to wheel and deal. 

Cant stand Pulis one bit. 

I know you hate Pulis ? he joins Mick McCarthy and Kasey Palmer on chaddys list who wont be getting a christmas card this year!

I dont like Pulis but its totally unfair to criticise him for not allowing Chapman out when Mowbray has done the exact same with Nuttall.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I know you hate Pulis ? he joins Mick McCarthy and Kasey Palmer on chaddys list who wont be getting a christmas card this year!

I dont like Pulis but its totally unfair to criticise him for not allowing Chapman out when Mowbray has done the exact same with Nuttall.

This time last year Chaddy was hating on Danny Graham. So I’m expecting Palmer to set the world alight for the rest of the season and Chaddy to write a letter to the club begging us to sign him permanently. :lol: 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Where did I hated Any of the 3 of Pulis, McCarthy or Palmer? More BS. 

Just now, Butty said:

This time last year Chaddy was hating on Danny Graham. So I’m expecting Palmer to set the world alight for the rest of the season and Chaddy to write a letter to the club begging us to sign him permanently. :lol: 

Never said I hated Graham did I? Please show me where I said this. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Never said I hated Graham did I? Please show me where I said this. 

I said “hating on” not that you actually hated him. You were speaking ill of him this time last year at the start of the season in league one. Saying you wouldn’t be playing him, his legs have gone etc. Too be fair Graham did start a bit slow last season but I felt at the time you were a bit harsh on him. I agree on Pulis though, don’t like him as a person but you can’t knock him too much as a manager. 

11 minutes ago, Butty said:

I said “hating on” not that you actually hated him. You were speaking ill of him this time last year at the start of the season in league one. Saying you wouldn’t be playing him, his legs have gone etc. Too be fair Graham did start a bit slow last season but I felt at the time you were a bit harsh on him. I agree on Pulis though, don’t like him as a person but you can’t knock him too much as a manager. 

And didnt I admit I was wrong on Graham and did so at weekend aswell? 

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where did I hated Any of the 3 of Pulis, McCarthy or Palmer? More BS. 

Is this a serious post, Chaddy? 

You’ve been slating them for weeks for goodness’ sake! For what it’s worth, I don’t care if you love or hate anyone, but at least admit it, Christ!

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Is this a serious post, Chaddy? 

You’ve been slating them for weeks for goodness’ sake! For what it’s worth, I don’t care if you love or hate anyone, but at least admit it, Christ!

I never used the word hated in any post. 

I only ever comment on Palmer's performances and nothing else. So whats the problem? 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never used the word hated in any post. 

I only ever comment on Palmer's performances and nothing else. So whats the problem? 

Nobody said that you said that you hated them...only that you been a 'hater' of them. Think you should look it up so you can learn the difference.