BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

Apologies if there’s a topic already, thought I’d get the ball rolling. (What’s up with these tags btw?)

Sunderland at the moment looking to be suffering from a similar shell shock that we were last season. If their crowd turns it could get funny. Long way to go yet though.

Think Charlton are a decent side even with all of the back room troubles.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Find Sunderlands favourites tag to be very peculiar. Not even taking into account the negative momentum thats behind them, they didnt have a spine like us, Wigan and even Rotherham had last year, we obviously still had Graham, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Evans, Bennett, Conway, Raya, Nyambe and Williams, and even then we signed quite a few. 

Yes, Sunderland have been busy reshaping their squad, but are their signings any good?

Charlie Wyke Bradford City Bradford City 675 Th. €
Jack Baldwin Peterborough United Peterborough 225 Th. €
Tom Flanagan Burton Albion Burton Albion Free Transfer
Jon McLaughlin Heart of Midlothian FC Heart of Midl. Free Transfer
Alim Öztürk Boluspor Boluspor Free Transfer
Reece James Wigan Athletic Wigan Free Transfer
Dylan McGeouch Hibernian FC Hibernian FC Free Transfer
Glenn Loovens Sheffield Wednesday Sheff Wed Free Transfer
Chris Maguire Bury FC Bury ?
Jerome Sinclair Watford FC Watford Loan
Luke O'Nien Wycombe Wanderers Wycombe ?

Hardly a revolution that screams title winners. Wyke can score goals at this level but Bradford dont seem overly concerned that hes left. Sinclair has never shown signs of scoring many goals. Maguire underwhelmed at Bury. Baldwin was unwanted at Peterborough, Loovens is very old. McGeough potentially a good addition to be fair. But in general, its nothing more than ordinary.

Barnsley, Bradford, Charlton (albeit they themselves are weaker than last year), Burton, Scunthorpe and maybe as a dark horse if everything clicks, Fleetwood all look potentially better going into the season.

Very surprise by Sunderland so far. expected some better signings tbh but I will imagine it will take time and similar to us last season. Good luck to them. Charlton have done well considering the lack of players in their squad

I think Peterborough will win the league due to the manager even tho they have sold a couple of quality players 

It will be interesting to see how Barton does at Fleetwood and the impact he has there. Also think Oxford, Portsmouth and Barnsley will be strong this season

Good Luck to Stanley this season. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Find Sunderlands favourites tag to be very peculiar. Not even taking into account the negative momentum thats behind them, they didnt have a spine like us, Wigan and even Rotherham had last year, we obviously still had Graham, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Evans, Bennett, Conway, Raya, Nyambe and Williams, and even then we signed quite a few. 

Yes, Sunderland have been busy reshaping their squad, but are their signings any good?

Charlie Wyke Bradford City Bradford City 675 Th. €
Jack Baldwin Peterborough United Peterborough 225 Th. €
Tom Flanagan Burton Albion Burton Albion Free Transfer
Jon McLaughlin Heart of Midlothian FC Heart of Midl. Free Transfer
Alim Öztürk Boluspor Boluspor Free Transfer
Reece James Wigan Athletic Wigan Free Transfer
Dylan McGeouch Hibernian FC Hibernian FC Free Transfer
Glenn Loovens Sheffield Wednesday Sheff Wed Free Transfer
Chris Maguire Bury FC Bury ?
Jerome Sinclair Watford FC Watford Loan
Luke O'Nien Wycombe Wanderers Wycombe ?

Hardly a revolution that screams title winners. Wyke can score goals at this level but Bradford dont seem overly concerned that hes left. Sinclair has never shown signs of scoring many goals. Maguire underwhelmed at Bury. Baldwin was unwanted at Peterborough, Loovens is very old. McGeough potentially a good addition to be fair. But in general, its nothing more than ordinary.

Barnsley, Bradford, Charlton (albeit they themselves are weaker than last year), Burton, Scunthorpe and maybe as a dark horse if everything clicks, Fleetwood all look potentially better going into the season.

I agree some of there signings might not be good enough. Jack Ross has a very big job on there. Thought they might have gone for Nigel Clough or someone like that.

But I think they still need another 5 or 6 signings to get into the top 6 at all 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree some of there signings might not be good enough. Jack Ross has a very big job on there. Thought they might have gone for Nigel Clough or someone like that.

But I think they still need another 5 or 6 signings to get into the top 6 at all 

Maybe top 6, and apparently Ross did a really good job in Scotland, but just based on the playing staff, and baring in mind where the club is in terms of its vulnerability after 2 relegations and the pressure of playing there, just dont get it.

They are favourites because they are Sunderland in League 1 I think. Fancy Barnsley for the title if I had to choose.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Would Grayson be an option for Scunthorpe I wonder? They were linked with him before giving Daws the job. 

I read that Heckingbottom is the favourite for the job. 

Grayson was linked last season. I think Daws got the job cos of him getting them in the playoffs. But they have lost 3 good players in the summer in Holmes, Townsend and Toney(loan)

But my questions is what is the target this season and the budget going forward? 

1 minute ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Michael Collins according to Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_(footballer,_born_1986)

Former Bradford manager Stuart McCall is now Scunthorpe manager.

I thought that. So why does Nixon keep saying that they need a manager? He doesn't usually criticize managers , from what i see at least 

14 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought that. So why does Nixon keep saying that they need a manager? He doesn't usually criticize managers , from what i see at least 

Collins is not Scottish, hence no wee gem and free pass from the Iron Bru protection society red top funster

Edited by perthblue02

• 2 months later...