BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

25 minutes ago, The Big Picture said:

Tony ‘trust me I know what I’m doing’ Mowbray 1

Moaning Minnie’s 0

You’re kidding right? You did this at half time having a dig at the MB.

1-0!? We drew! If we’d have started with a striker we’d have won today but the tactics were abysmal so I’m afraid we got lucky. 

Still a worry is scoring in general, we seem to rely recently on set plays or in today’s case a screamer as opposed to creating chances, if that makes sense!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Raya's facial injury sounds serious. Hope it's not an eye.

Did Rodwell go off injured?

Rodwell did go off injured. 

Mowbray seemed to indicate on radio lancs that Graham wasn't fit and was unlikely to be used even though he was on the bench, Bit strange that Downing wasn't on the bench instead, unless he's injured, considering that Brereton and Armstrong were available as striker cover.

From the commentary and highlights it seems like great spirit to bring that point back.

Superb strike by Reed. Gallagher and co. didn't do it justice on the radio.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Scotland1 said:

1-0!? We drew! If we’d have started with a striker we’d have won today but the tactics were abysmal so I’m afraid we got lucky. 

Still a worry is scoring in general, we seem to rely recently on set plays or in today’s case a screamer as opposed to creating chances, if that makes sense!

Jeez, I didn’t literally mean we won 1-0. I meant TM got one over on his detractors. Try to keep up...

2 minutes ago, The Big Picture said:

Jeez, I didn’t literally mean we won 1-0. I meant TM got one over on his detractors. Try to keep up...

I knew that. Not sure who the detractors were or why they seem to be 1-0 down over what is a decent result given the tactical cock up in the first place the fact Mowbray brought Arma on meant he recognised this.

Edited by Scotland1

4 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Course we would. Just like last Tuesday.

Mowbray intimated Graham wasn’t fit - he did go off last Saturday clutching his back and was ineffectual at Swansea. Plus I don’t think he’d have got much change in the air against those centre backs, so might as well play it on the floor.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Course we would. Just like last Tuesday.

Mowbray intimated Graham wasn’t fit - he did go off last Saturday clutching his back and was ineffectual at Swansea. Plus I don’t think he’d have got much change in the air against those centre backs, so might as well play it on the floor.

We had Bereton and Arma on the bench so it’s not as if Danny was the only option.

You allude to Tuesday but what we saw was 10 players who’d given up and Dack not working up top. Just like Leeds too when we win.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11537436/west-brom-1-1-blackburn

Highlights. Wonderful strike by Reed. For the joker saying Dack isn't a 'clever' player have a look at the way he sets up Rothwell for his sitter. 

Notice Rodrigues running the opposite way from their goal scorer just so he can run in front of the Rovers fans. Prick. 

1 minute ago, Scotland1 said:

This msgboard is the most negative I’ve witnessed since the internet began. Apart from a handful most are self important, doom and gloom merchants. 

I know a few fans who stay away from this site because they find it depressing. They also don’t want to be hounded out by the majority for speaking their mind. TM Is doing a cracking job and fans should see the big picture not 45 mins in isolation. This is not a licence to question his tactics etc. Jeez he has years and year of experience. I think he knows more than the ‘championship manager’s’ we have on here.

• Like 2

Just now, The Big Picture said:

This msgboard is the most negative I’ve witnessed since the internet began. Apart from a handful most are self important, doom and gloom merchants. 

I know a few fans who stay away from this site because they find it depressing. They also don’t want to be hounded out by the majority for speaking their mind. TM Is doing a cracking job and fans should see the big picture not 45 mins in isolation. This is not a licence to question his tactics etc. Jeez he has years and year of experience. I think he knows more than the ‘championship manager’s’ we have on here.

Do you want a hug?

• Like 2

Just now, The Big Picture said:

Step away from the bar!!!!

People are voicing an opinion whether you agree or not with them is fine but don’t insult them or be rude in a slipshod fashion. They’re Rovers like You and I so show some respect towards your fans.

Anyhoo enjoy the rest of your weekend.

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11537436/west-brom-1-1-blackburn

Highlights. Wonderful strike by Reed. For the joker saying Dack isn't a 'clever' player have a look at the way he sets up Rothwell for his sitter. 

Notice Rodrigues running the opposite way from their goal scorer just so he can run in front of the Rovers fans. Prick. 

I take it back.....he's better than Messi........no wait a minute one play does not kame him a football genius......if he was he'd be playing above us......he still has a LOT to learn as have you my friend!!!

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I take it back.....he's better than Messi........no wait a minute one play does not kame him a football genius......if he was he'd be playing above us......he still has a LOT to learn as have you my friend!!!

He's proved you very wrong in less than 5 seconds of play. Karma my friend!

25 minutes ago, The Big Picture said:

So if he picks a formations which is unexpected, has no strikers and which none of us would have picked, we are not allowed to question it? We have to just say "that looks great" ?

Its posts like this which are point scoring which derail threads from the match.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Was not impressed at all with the starting 11, this Dack centre forward idea needs to be forgotten about. That aside, i'm over the moon with the result considering the circumstances.

Harrison Reed is by far the best player we have, i just fear there's no way we're going to be able to keep him, absolute class.

Keep saying it but Joe Rothwell is technically the best player at the club, we look a far better team with him in the side, although he should have buried that chance first half.

People get on Smallwood's back, i though he was outstsnding today, not just for his GK performance. As my dad said, i think it just proved a point, he and Evans are too similar, without one of them in the team we looked far more creative.

Rodwell again looked very good to me, looks so calm on the ball, never flustered, always finds a pass, hope he and Mulgrew's injury are just minor. I Imagine Raya will miss the remaining games before the international break now. 

• Like 3