BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Biz said:

You boys fancy having a day off being so precious?

The thread after the teamsheet, during the first half particularly is hilarious. It’s the same every week. It’s also ironic (surely you see this too) to spend your time complaining, about people complaining about people complaining..

See what I’ve done is complain about you complaining about people complaining about complaints. Now I’m hungover.

If everyone agrees all the time, there’s no need for a message board. Nobody should be labelled a ‘moaner’ or a ‘happy clapper’ for having a different opinion. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If I was leutwiler I would be worried for the next game now we have Spain and englands number 1. 

I won if Smallwood is entitled to a share of Raya's clean sheet bonus?.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I doubt that our No 2 Keeper is feeling much of the team-spirit, all-togetherness this fine Sunday.

Perhaps he was injured, splinters in the arse.

Away from the romance and heroics of our CM going into goals it was not so much a slap for the Swiss-Canadian as a full on punch in the face.

It confirmed, as I said last season, that he was only signed to get us off at international weekends. Certainly not for his keeping for which he presumably draws wages.

Weird and weirder.

Saw just highlights. Yes Ref cheated us on 2 blatant penalty calls and JR made little effort to avoid Raya, despite claims to the contrary.

Great point, as predicted. 

All three subs already used when Raya was done by the dingle, so Leutweiller was never coming off the bench.

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If everyone agrees all the time, there’s no need for a message board. Nobody should be labelled a ‘moaner’ or a ‘happy clapper’ for having a different opinion. 

You're correct - and there should be differing viewpoints. My view is these comments are stupid; 

To start with no recognised striker and have three on the bench of whom two cost £9million is farcical”

Unbelievable lineup. Methinks TM has lost the plot!  

There’s tonnes of references to “tombola” and other simple criticisms. Why can’t I or others point out or react to how stupid they are? If you think TM isn’t studious and thoughtful- ie a team selection is random, (tombola) you’re effectively calling TM clueless if not literally using those words.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

given your statement below you soon switch you tune so quickly. funny

45 mins before we got a point you were slamming Mowbray tactics. how two face can you been?

Oh dear me Chaddy. 

You clearly don't recognise when someone is being facetious (ie tongue-in-cheek / jocular remark).

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

Am I alone in not being too happy still about the game yesterday...

Firstly, the penalty decision is one of the worst ive seen its clearly blocked with both hands above his hewd. Shocking!

Rothwell (who I'm a fan of) needs to bury that chance.

The penalty appeal on Palmer looked another pen but maybe those behind the goal can tell me different.

The Palmer mazy run then ballooned effort should be hitting the target.

I'm a big TM supporter and like him a lot but seems common that in games we should win we draw and in games we should draw we lose. Would be nice to start seeing a few more 3-0 wins with little hanging on or panic mode defending.

Happy Sunday men ?

Wouldn't say it was common that in games we should draw we lose. We have only lost five in the last 49!

Fair enough Biz. You think someone’s wrong, you give an opposite viewpoint and it’s debated.

Thd thing that’s annoying me about the board in recent weeks is the plethora of posts like; ‘God, soooo negative on here’, ‘just get behind Ben, just trust Mowbray ffs’

If you make a point expect to be debated on it, not just be shut down.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miker said:

Honestly, after the game I think we do have the best side in the league. Maybe not in terms of ability, but certainly in terms of heart and character. These players and manager give it their all. I don’t feel envious of any side in the world right now. 

I welled up a little after the game when the whole side went over to applaud the travelling supporters, and I’m not even from Blackburn. It was just nice to see a group of good human beings and it felt good to be a Rovers supporter in that moment. When you think where we were only a couple of years back, it seems like another world.

I get the moaning about the weird substitutions and selections from TM, as they make little sense to me as well. It does feel at times that we are winning points IN SPITE OF the team selections rather than because of them, but what do I know. At the end of the day, if we keep having days like last night I am not going to be one to complain.

I was the same at full time tbh yesterday, welled up moment ?

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

Am I alone in not being too happy still about the game yesterday...

I'm a big TM supporter and like him a lot but seems common that in games we should win we draw and in games we should draw we lose. Would be nice to start seeing a few more 3-0 wins with little hanging on or panic mode defending.

Agree with this. Too many draws and victories more often than not nail-biting and rarely comfortable. In essence,  we let in too many goals and don't score enough.  Mowbray likes his teams to play good football but is essentially a cautious manager who would rather try to protect a lead than go for the kill. 

• Like 1

Bloody cold for October ay!

Mixed emotions really,  obviously it was a fantastic rearguard effort the last 15 minutes, one cross that Richie completely flapped at didn’t bode well! But the players gave everything, fantastic group of pros.

However, we were dominating the game second half and could have won if it weren’t for Rodriguez. Ah well.

Well placed for November.

3 hours ago, Miker said:

Honestly, after the game I think we do have the best side in the league. 

Sheff Utd made us look downright poor while our famed team spirit evaporated at Swansea and Bristol.  We're a long way from being the "best side in the league"

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Sheff Utd made us look downright poor while our famed team spirit evaporated at Swansea and Bristol.  We're a long way from being the "best side in the league"

It is a little over 12 months since we lost at Oldham , we are going the right way !!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

You're correct - and there should be differing viewpoints. My view is these comments are stupid; 

To start with no recognised striker and have three on the bench of whom two cost £9million is farcical”

Unbelievable lineup. Methinks TM has lost the plot!  

There’s tonnes of references to “tombola” and other simple criticisms. Why can’t I or others point out or react to how stupid they are? If you think TM isn’t studious and thoughtful- ie a team selection is random, (tombola) you’re effectively calling TM clueless if not literally using those words.

I use the tombola reference a fair bit as it's a light hearted way to discuss what I perceive as negatives.

Everybody understands the meticulous levels of preparation and planning he does.  I'm also well aware he knows more about football in every aspect than I do. I'm sure he does things for reasons I've probably not even took into consideration such is his studius approach. 

But as a fan with limited knowledge in comparison, and only Liam rosenior moving poker chips with players names on around a massive screen for five minutes as information, I want to be able to talk to fellow rovers and discuss what I thought needed changing , line up etc without suddenly being labelled or bracketed in a negative, positive, super fan, happy clapper.  Nobody on the whole message  board has ever not backed Tony, or wanted him to do well. People hold their hands up when they have got it wrong but should be free to discuss what they see whether you have FIFA coaching badges or FIFA cramp.

If everybody came on yesterday at.2.30 and said well that's the team , in Tony we trust. What is the point. 

• Like 5

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why?

Because Leutweiller isn't a Championship calibre goalkeeper. We might get away with it if it's only for a game or two, but any more than that and I think we'll lose points as a result. Raya has won us a number of points this season already with some outstanding saves. Maybe Leutweiller can do the same, but until that's proven  to be the  case I'm going to be pretty concerned. 

9 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So should we now attack you for being negative as you didnt agree on the selection of Conway? This is what I am getting at, this was a strange and confusing lineup that rightly caused iscussion yet many are being lambasted for even daring to question it.

TM is only human, he's got most things right at Rovers but he's only human, he's is going to make the wrong decisions at times, or ones we don't agree with. I've never understood the argument that just because someone is the manager that they know better... Should we say the same for Kean and Coyle then? Fair enough, the manager is in a better position to make the appropiate decisions but it's not possible for every decision to be the correct one, no one is perfect. I know TM is the messiah but that doesn't mean we can't have a healthy debate about his footballing decisions.

• Like 3

Did leutwiler have an awful game I missed. I've seen him a few times and why he never had much to do I don't think he did anything wrong and saved what he should have. Curious as to the massive generalisation that he isnt good enough. I haven't seen him play  much but did nothing wrong when he did. I know he isn't as good as Raya but are people comfortable with him filling in for a few games should Raya get an injury ?

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

TM is only human, he's got most things right at Rovers but he's only human, he's is going to make the wrong decisions at times, or ones we don't agree with. I've never understood the argument that just because someone is the manager that they know better... Should we say the same for Kean and Coyle then? Fair enough, the manager is in a better position to make the appropiate decisions but it's not possible for every decision to be the correct one, no one is perfect. I know TM is the messiah but that doesn't mean we can't have a healthy debate about his footballing decisions.

I'd imagine Mowbray is as self critical as any other manager. He will analyse his own decisions and discuss them with his staff. 

That's what every good manager I've worked for does. The arrogant one's who thought they were always right didn't get the backing of their staff.

• Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Did leutwiler have an awful game I missed. I've seen him a few times and why he never had much to do I don't think he did anything wrong and saved what he should have. Curious as to the massive generalisation that he isnt good enough. I haven't seen him play  much but did nothing wrong when he did. I know he isn't as good as Raya but are people comfortable with him filling in for a few games should Raya get an injury ?

You are surprised by massive generalisations on here? I saw him do little wrong when he played either, but you know how it is on here at times. 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’ve never even seen him play tbh.

50 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Oh dear me Chaddy. 

You clearly don't recognise when someone is being facetious (ie tongue-in-cheek / jocular remark).

Give it a rest Mercer. 

21 minutes ago, Neal said:

Kean and Coyle arent managers tho. 

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'd imagine Mowbray is as self critical as any other manager. He will analyse his own decisions and discuss them with his staff. 

That's what every good manager I've worked for does. The arrogant one's who thought they were always right didn't get the backing of their staff.

I think Mowbray has said he over thinks the tactics sometimes last season but that why its good to have a good number 2. Mowbray discuss and explains to the players his thinking behind tactics and the reasons why. 

Agree on your last point and I am currently seeing this in the company I work for