BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

Just now, schoey said:

#Rovers: Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams, Reed, Smallwood, Bennett, Dack, Palmer, Armstrong.

Subs: Leutwiler, Rodwell, Rothwell, Graham, Bell, Brereton, Conway.

Armstrong up front? Or is it Dack?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully Armstrong does better than his last start upfront 

Decent team other than that. 

Is Evans injured? 

What’s the odds Dack starts as a false nine with armstrong out wide? We’ve seen it before. Hope not but I’m guessing that’s going to be the case. 

Just now, schoey said:

I guess Armstrong and we’re aiming to hit them on the break maybe?

Probably. Let's hope it works better than at Derby. if Graham comes on at HT then Mogga has got it wrong.

DG has missed some absolute sitters this season though so It was only a matter of time before AA got another chance up front. Surprised he didn't give BB a chance...

Not a bad side. Apart from Armstrong and Nyambe there's not much pace. 3 weeks off will probably do Graham good. I can see Brereton getting his first goal today. 

On for Palmer on about 65 mins and scores for a 1-0 win. 

Edited by benhben

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

You'd hope not! it's never really worked and we lack any presence up front.  

Dack has been poor when he's played in that position. Any scout that had been to see our last match would have had Armstrong's name down in his pad and not Dack.

Though of course his early season form still had the 'pundits' purring (those that obviously don't watch the matches) over recent weeks - as it's the goals that count.

Please no false no.9 - surely Mowbray can see it hasn't worked?

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Id go with that ..Bell dropped which most seemed to want.

Hopefully AA up front ..as BlueBoy has quite rightly pointed out DG is off the boil at the mo in front of goal.

AA has never been on the boil in front of goal (this season at least) so that's not much better!

17 minutes ago, Husky said:

Dack has been poor when he's played in that position. Any scout that had been to see our last match would have had Armstrong's name down in his pad and not Dack.

Though of course his early season form still had the 'pundits' purring (those that obviously don't watch the matches) over recent weeks - as it's the goals that count.

Please no false no.9 - surely Mowbray can see it hasn't worked?

I'm not a fan, but I don't know if it's fair to say it hasn't worked. We have gotten results with it 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

So no centre forward and no one capable of holding up the ball or winning headers from crosses or clearances.

Sounds like a backs-to-the-wall job for 90 minutes

OK, in the space of two posts you have written the above and in the previous post you predicted 3-1 Preston because we have a terrible defence. 

Can I ask, do you get any joy from watching football? 

Hopefully BB and Rothwell will be given a chance to impress sooner than later, even if its an odd one game and they don’t take the chance at least will stop us waiting and wondering.

the line up is decent thou. I would have played Graham, thats for sure, as i think he is one of the firsts to start if fully fit, but other than that i can see where Mulgrew comes from.

In the end of the day all that matters is the 3 points so COYB

Edited by skous18

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Possibly, not sure without checking. You should know, you said it! I'm sure you just wouldn't be making things up (again) ?

So just been a troll then(again). Anyway if you were much of a fan, you would know. 

What did I make up out of interest? You lost me there and not for the first time