BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not really. Mowbray has a pre-match and a post-match interview. Like all managers he uses them to justify/explain/whatever his team selections/tactics/results etc. The trouble with Mowbray is that he opens himself up to criticism by contradicting himself at every turn in his desperate attempt to deflect attention away from his own poor decisions regarding selections/tactics/results etc. 

And Souness talked utter shite. My personal favourite was when he said the criticism of Amoruso was because of how he looked i.e. fans were jealous of his physique and gorgeous flowing locks. True story.  

So why bother listening to it? It’s no more instructive than Eddie Quigley’s programme notes were.

Now I am in the sack camp. Of course Venkys could then hire Michael McIntyre with Lembit Opik as director of football but as soon as the final game is over Tony should go. He did his job in getting promoted, so now we need someone with a proper strategy on the pitch, and new coaches.

Things are grinding to a halt and players who are not good enough are too comfortable.

What happens now is almost irrelevant. It’s frustrating that TM won’t change his approach and won’t take a look at the youngsters but his future (and Rovers’) rests on what happens in the Summer window.

Personally I would be casting the net now because I’ve no faith that next season won’t be worse than this one.

On 29/03/2019 at 10:52, Tom said:

How can TM have the bare faced cheek to say we need to "win some games with the players we trust and know"?

It's precisely because those very same players have been stinking the joint out that we have 4 points from 30 and something like 22 points from 24 games and why tbe youngsters deserve their chance!

I'm starting to change now from unfortunately TM needs to go to he needs to go as a matter of the most utmost urgency.

• Backroom

If Mowbray is allowed to continue past the summer then we will be right back to where we started, back in League 1. For 4 of the last 5 months we have been utterly miserable in results and general play. This is way past being a blip. Our results in January were the blip. 

• Like 1

Just now, unleaded said:

Terrible Old school manager .. terrible hoof ball style .... please go .. enough is enough ... powers that be take note 

Spot on. If we're going to get dicked every week at least have a go and try and play some football from the off. 

He's just a very average manager stuck in the past who tries to portray himself as progressive. 

16 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Terrible Old school manager .. terrible hoof ball style .... please go .. enough is enough ... powers that be take note 

Absolutely.

Needs to go now in order to get a successor in and give him a few games to take stock in readiness for next season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I was Mowbray we'd have two centre halves starting tomorrow that actually enjoyed heading the ball for a start.

The astounding thing is; both Venus and Mowbray are exactly that type of centre half by trade. 

Some sobering statistics from when I think the wheels started to come off in the 4-1 surrender at Preston:

• 13 league LOSSES in 22 league games including 41 goals conceded and only 21 points won.
  • Last 10 league games we've lost 8 games including 21 goals conceded and just 4 points won. 

We are regressing at an alarming rate and it simply can't go on.

Those who still think Mowbray is the man seriously need to give their head a wobble.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

After a run of 6 points from 10 games at Coventry Mowbray resigned saying he was an 'honourable guy'. Rovers have 4 points from their last 10 games. Is Mowbray still the same 'honourable guy' or has a new contract changed that?

He's clearly taken the club as far as he can. This side is barely any better than the one that got relegated, we are just fortunate that the league is much weaker this year.

25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

@K-Hod do the honours with the poll please. 

Mowbray Out or Let him Rebuild In Summer.

It's either a Peoples Vote or you're Theresa May in disguise;)

Not going to happen. A poll was in the offing two weeks ago and someone overruled the gang.

Just now, Mercer said:

Absolutely.

Needs to go now in order to get a successor in and give him a few games to take stock in readiness for next season.

If I was running the show he'd be packing his gear on Monday morning along with his pal and I'd be giving Johnno a go while the end of the season. Can he do any worse honestly ?

• Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I was running the show he'd be packing his gear on Monday morning along with his pal and I'd be giving Johnno a go while the end of the season. Can he do any worse honestly ?

Too much apathy around the club. Certainly among the fanbase. There will be some who believe a 2-1 defeat to Villa is a result.

Just now, Stuart said:

Too much apathy around the club. Certainly among the fanbase. There will be some who believe a 2-1 defeat to Villa is a result.

There is on Twitter and Facebook. ‘People can’t have watched the game’, ‘onwards and upwards’, ‘play like that and we’ll be fine’, ‘fantastic effort to a man’. Infuriating. Are people not seeing a pattern here of quite frankly shite results since November (bar the actual ‘blip’ in January as DE coined it). 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1