Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray: Stay or go?

Mowbray: Stay or Go?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• Stay
    • Go

10 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

It must have really ruined your night not having something to moan about?

Fair enough, its been a long wait for you!

Since you're one who always takes the long view you're not going to lose your perspective over one game -----are you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

It must have really ruined your night not having something to moan about?

You really are giddy after our 2nd win in 12. Its OK, let all the frustration out, it can't have been easy watching us constantly lose with your current hero Moggadon at the helm? See you in October when he wins again?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Some Rovers fans genuinely gutted that we’ve just played fantastically well and won. jeez ???

Utter crap!! How about "one win and the Happy Clappers are back'? That is actually less offensive.

An unnecessary post on a night when all Rovers fans rejoice.

• Like 4

Just now, 47er said:

Utter crap!! How about "one win and the Happy Clappers are back'? That is actually less offensive.

Any win is a good win for me. To win playing well against a good side is a bonus. We can stop looking over our shoulders now I think.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Any win is a good win for me. To win playing well against a good side is a bonus. We can stop looking over our shoulders now I think.

Absolutely, do I think mowbray is the man to take us forward , no but I’m just going to enjoy the win for a few days before our next disaster 

• Backroom

A good win tonight but it doesn't excuse the last 2 months I'm afraid. If Mowbray can continue on this trajectory until the season's end then I might gain a little more faith back in him, but if he reverts to type then tonight will just be a blip. Desperately hoping TM has finally seen the light and realises it's time to take off the shackles and make teams worry about us. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Fortunately we don't need to wait - we already have a good manager.

Who on the evidence of tonight has obviously been picking completely the wrong personnel nearly all season.

If lay people, the fans, can see that why can't a highly paid professional?

I'd say a "good" manager identifies his best team from the off and the fans are astounded by how well the team plays. He doesn't pick the wrong team all season then stumble almost by default on something that works because he has been forced or shamed into it by his previous poor selections!

• Like 2

Just now, 47er said:

Mate, you only have to read this mb to see that not all Rovers fans are rejoicing. 

Been waiting for the claws to come out. Guys sarcastically asking if fans are p#%%ed because they’re happy. No one stepping in there. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Seething that we’ve won. Would rather prove your weird point about a manager who’s done a great job. Relax mate, you should be happy!! 

2 wins in 12, the worst away defence in the whole of the football league, some appalling team selections and tactics and £7m on a cart horse. Yep, weird point.

You enjoy the win, you can discuss it with all the football managers you know like Jose and Jurgen on your WhatsApp group?or should that be WaltsApp. ?

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Mate, you only have to read this mb to see that not all Rovers fans are rejoicing. 

Been waiting for the claws to come out. Guys sarcastically asking if fans are p#%%ed because they’re happy. No one stepping in there. 

Everyone wants us to win every game. Everyone wants us to continue playing like we did tonight. I'm assuming no-one wants the manager to revert to his previous selections, most would probably like to see a couple of further tweaks in that respect and despite  a great performance tonight it is still only 7 points out of 36.

I think that just about covers it. I don't think anyone is upset we won.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No, you're confused. People are not going to get carried away on the basis of one win after a long, dreadful period of losing.

Except you of course.

Just now, 47er said:

No, you're confused. People are not going to get carried away on the basis of one win after a long, dreadful period of losing.

Except you of course.

I am allowing myself to savour a good performance and a fine win, when I had begun to wonder where the next damned point was coming from!

Is there something I don't know?

After tonight I am even more mystified about the team selection last Saturday and on far too many other occasions.

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I am allowing myself to savour a good performance and a fine win, when I had begun to wonder where the next damned point was coming from!

Is there something I don't know?

After tonight I am even more mystified about the team selection last Saturday and on far too many other occasions.

Yes! We can only speculate as to how many points we would have accumulated had the selections been different.

And its not "in hindsight"!!

Just now, 47er said:

Yes! We can only speculate as to how many points we would have accumulated had the selections been different.

And its not "in hindsight"!!

Surely, TM must be able to see it. Or is there another agenda behind who gets to play?

Echoes of my feelings after the game at the Valley last season.

Certainly, it is very odd!

Mowbray shouldn't get any plaudits for tonight because that formation has been begging to be picked for for months. Why he hasn't done it before only he knows. 

The real surprise tonight was the attitude of the players, whose workrate and attitude was on a much higher level than since probably the win over Hull City. The question is whether the players can take tonight's performance on and build on it for the remaining games of the season. If they can, it will go some way to making up for the dreadful run of form since January.

Tonight changes nothing for me.  Mowbray has a a long way to go to convince me he will keep us in this division next season. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

When Mulgrew hasn't played this season we have 24 points from 12 games keeping 7 clean sheets. In the 29 games Mulgrew has played we have 26 points, we have only kept 4 clean sheets 3 of which came in August the last coming on 6th October.

Bloody hell that's absolutely damming.

With Mulgrew per game - 0.13 cleansheets, 0.9 pts

Without Mulgrew per game - 0.58 cleansheets, 2 pts

He should stay out of the team.

• Like 1

• Backroom

We have to hope that tonight is a turning point for Mowbray, and he has finally seen what so many of us have been saying for months - we don't need to play defensively in every match, and it's okay to let the opposition worry about us rather than it always being the other way around. The talent is there in the squad, the manager just needs to trust in these players to go out there and take the game to teams. I'm absolutely sure the performance of the team tonight reflects their relief that the shackles were finally taken off, and it gave them a determination to show that if trusted to do so they can go out and dominate the opposition. It's time the manager started having faith in our players rather than fretting over how our opponents can hurt us. Caution is commendable but not to the detriment of the players' belief, and tonight we saw that these players do still believe in themselves to deliver. They just need the manager to believe in them too. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think you have your dates mixed up, following the win v Pompey we played Wigan away and drew nil nil, followed by a dissapointing draw v Fleetwood and 6 wins on the bounce.

I think Mowbrays time is up like you but its totally unfair to suggest we went up "despite" Mowbray you have to be prepared to give him credit even if it was a minimum requirement you have to still do it. And its not lucky either as others have suggested.

Sorry you're right but still Mowbray started with Chapman, Dack and Graham up front against Pompey and we played some great football then against Wigan he dropped Chapman and Graham opting to play Antonnson up front on his own.

At Oldham, Antonnson played up front as well and we all so how effective that was. 

The fact remains Mowbray worries too much about the opposition rather than concentrate on his own team's strengths

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

5 hours ago, 47er said:

Except you of course.

It’s funny. He reminds me of someone else who used to buzz around the site after a rare win agreeing with Parson and trying to wind people up.

As far as I can see everyone is delighted after a rare win after Mowbray finally picked the players we have all been desperate for him to pick but instead have had to watch him pick Evans and Smallwood week-in, week-out.

Yet he feels that it’s something to crow about and somehow ‘proof’ that Mowbray is some kind of genius.

Ironically, watching Mowbray on the touchline last night, you could be forgiven for thinking that he was a mere observer. Rovers were on top for 60-70 minutes of the 90 and was passively pacing up and down with his hands in his pockets most of the night. He looked decidedly uncomfortable. One could be forgiven for thinking that he didn’t pick that team, or did so against his better judgment. The players certainly relished the opportunity and their reactions after both goals - especially the Rothwell one told their own story.

• Like 1