BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brum FA Cup

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't believe they will do any better and with what FFP may mean for us I think no one who is any good would take the job anyway

Genius strategy from Mowbray, fook things up so badly no-one else will take the job.

You're not seriously suggesting that's a valid reason for keeping him are you?

If the owners appointed Mowbray (who you apparently like) what's stopping them appointing someone else you like?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes , and along with Bowyer and Lambert he is one of the 3 managers who have returned an average performance. The other 4 they appointed on the other hand...........

I don't believe they will do any better and with what FFP may mean for us I think no one who is any good would take the job anyway

Whose signings have brought the threat of FFP to our doorstep?

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Genius strategy from Mowbray, fook things up so badly no-one else will take the job.

If the owners appointed Mowbray (who you apparently like) what's stopping them appointing someone else you like?

You talk way too much sense.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok ,he had lost it. This is like something Kean would say 

Too much of the ball no less! 

Screenshot_20200104-152938_Chrome.jpg

Classic Mowbray doublespeak gobbledegook. 

This bloke overthinks football so much his brain must hurt.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I think Mowbray is average at Championship level, as were Bowyer and Lambert. Unfortunately in the 7 managerial appointments made by Venkys in the last 9 years that has been as good as it gets because the other 4 were a lot worse. In forming a view as to what they are likely to do then if Mowbray went, in the words of Nye Bevan, "why look in the crystal ball when you can read the book " ?

Add to that the other points :

1. Anyone who is any good is likely to have a choice as to where they work.

2. The owners are toxic. Their track record includes an unsuccessful attempt to renege on a commitment in the employment contract of a previous manager and one of the most distinguished players in the club's history in Henning Berg. Who wants to work for them ?

3. FFP rules may severely restrict the club's transfer dealings in the next few windows. Who wants to be the manager of that ?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Classic Mowbray doublespeak gobbledegook. 

This bloke overthinks football so much his brain must hurt.

He drives me mad.  In an interview he'll make the same point four or five times over but in different ways.  But I suppose Mowbray is just a man. He's a human. He's a humanoid. He is a binary entity. He's the ying to the yang.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think Mowbray is average at Championship level, as were Bowyer and Lambert. Unfortunately in the 7 managerial appointments made by Venkys in the last 9 years that has been as good as it gets because the other 4 were a lot worse. In forming a view as to what they are likely to do then if Mowbray went, in the words of Nye Bevan, "why look in the crystal ball when you can read the book " ?

2. The owners are toxic. Their track record includes an unsuccessful attempt to renege on a commitment in the employment contract of a previous manager and one of the most distinguished players in the club's history in Henning Berg. Who wants to work for them ?

3. FFP rules may severely restrict the club's transfer dealings in the next few windows. Who wants to be the manager of that ?

Our last 3 managerial appointments have had a promotion on there CV. 

This is exactly the same as you calling out the league 1 stat. 

Things have changed since the start of the eras.

Are Birmingham reserves the worst team we've ever lost to? They started brightly - though only had a couple of long range shots to show for it (albeit our sack of spuds keeper turned one of those into a goal). After that Brum were diabolical for 70 minutes.

• Like 2

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Irrelevant. You deal with the situation you have, not the one you want

How is it irrelevant when the fact is, his failed signings have brought the wolf back to the door? That we now have a disjointed mess of a side that he can't get the basics from and it can't be invested in further or improved.

It is alarming how that can be so easily supported, excused and even championed.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

All right then, I'll take 300.

The amount is almost irrelevant. We shouldn't be giving away any money like that.

That makes no sense, your entire original point was that he was being paid 3 grand. Absolutely no chance. It was a nice thing to do, peanuts in the grand scheme of things and there are far,far bigger issues to worry about at the club at the moment. Gladwin in staying for a couple of months impacts nothing. It wont make or break our transfer window anyway,that's for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I sympathise with what your saying but I think we've got to the point where Mowbray can't take us any further forward. What's the point of sticking?

We need to roll the dice.

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok ,he had lost it. This is like something Kean would say 

Too much of the ball no less! 

Screenshot_20200104-152938_Chrome.jpg

This doesn't surprise me,  it's on a par with many of his utterances over recent months. Absolute nonsense. It does show though that he's floundering really badly now trying to explain away the dross we've been serving up.

Hopefully even Waggott and /or the owners will start to take note.

• Like 2