BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Is there a date for the start of next season? Doesn’t feel like there is enough time for getting a handful of new players in

I seen a date for the start of the season for sometime in September with the transfer window open to end of the October

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Who’s buying our players? Not many are PL quality and who in the Championship will have spare cash for fees?

Would you have said that Chris Basham was PL quality before Sheff Utd promoted? or when they signed Jack Robinson from Notts Forest. or Brownhill who moved from Bristol City to Burnley, is he PL quality? or would you said that Adam Webster was PL quality when last summer he moved from Bristol City to Brighton for 20 million? he was at Ipswich only 12 months before hand

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Would like for us to go in for Wigan’s strapping defender Cédric Kipre if they drop down ..

organises the back line and is a leader .. was outstanding in Scotland and has carried on this year .... 

I seen him linked with West Ham this morning

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Who was the polish winger we were linked with in January? He looked brilliant 

Kamil Jozwiak from Lech

• Like 2

From Rich Sharpe 

got another piece with him on budgets for tomorrow, but as well as saying he was excited about the targets last week, he did say: "The difficulty is, ‘what is the budget? Are we going to have to rely on loans? Will it be free transfers?’"

Also No plans for Mowbray to go to India..

“He’s not our player so he’s not someone I need to focus on. I’ve got my own players asking me questions before I start thinking about signing other players.

Dam Looks like the likes of Bennett Smallwoods & Hart Graham want further extensions...Knock Knock 

Crazy goings on Down at Ewood .. This is what happens when nobody is in charge .. part time directers with no powers .... 

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I’m glad Sharpe has tweeted that, might wake up a few to the fact these owners are still presiding over a farcical operation that will continue to achieve the square root of f*ck all, ‘paying the bills’ or not.

Yes -  nobody can seriously tell me that the long list of proven managers referred to on here will be queuing up to work under those constraints.

You can look at it both ways. Apart from a yearly meeting, managers here are given pretty much free reign (which is no longer the norm in modern football, with recruitment teams/DofF etc) and generally get their feet under the table for a sustained tenure, if they bow and scrape in that annual get together....

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Ridiculous

It's easy to sit there winding everyone up sat on the South coast or wherever you live when you are not in a position to consider the purchase of a season ticket.

If you were you might not be quite so forgiving.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Supporters support - not vent

Behave! You’ve can’t have spent much time in football grounds or indeed with other fans generally if you thing supporters don’t also vent - they do because they care!

(Though you probably know that all too well and you are just performing your usual trolling routine)

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Behave! You’ve can’t have spent much time in football grounds or indeed with other fans generally if you thing supporters don’t also vent - they do because they care!

(Though you probably know that all too well and you are just performing your usual trolling routine)

One of the best things that happened to Mowbray and most of this squad is when the fans in Ewood for the first game in League 1 gave them pelters.  ( You know the loyal paying fans who'd stuck with the club all 11k plus of them a very healthy gate for lge 1. Can't even get that many very often this season which tells its own story zzzz )

That day he was trying to play a new brand of football that those he turned out on the pitch couldn't cope with and the tempo was slow it was abysmal. After that he changed tack again to something more resembling a team and we began to do ok.

It gave them all the kick up the backside they needed and i think they need that every now and again because he has the team in a bloody coma sometimes. Had they not been made to know in no uncertain terms to wake up and get a grip iv'e no doubt he'd have persisted with that formation until it had us with no wins in 10 !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, unleaded said:

“He’s not our player so he’s not someone I need to focus on. I’ve got my own players asking me questions before I start thinking about signing other players.

Dam Looks like the likes of Bennett Smallwoods & Hart Graham want further extensions...Knock Knock 

Crazy goings on Down at Ewood .. This is what happens when nobody is in charge .. part time directers with no powers .... 

The very thought of our out of contract players being signed instead of having replacements lined up should make us shudder. But it’s pretty standard these days.

Any manager who had any pride or other job prospects would walk. Like Lambert did.

A random list...

- £180m debt and rising

- Dire football

- Falling attendances

- Absentee owners

- A threadbare, unbalanced squad after spending £15m in two season

- Players played out of position (despite failing) game after game

- Having three, maybe four players of any quality

- Worry that these three or four players may be sold

- Contract extensions given to marginalised players while simultaneously informing fans that times are hard

- A chief exec carrying on regardless, backing his man to the hilt

I thought rock bottom was relegation to the third tier but it looks like that might just have been the first bounce.

Something needs to change. Before change is enforced on us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The very thought of our out of contract players being signed instead of having replacements lined up should make us shudder. But it’s pretty standard these days.

Any manager who had any pride or other job prospects would walk. Like Lambert did.

A random list...

- £180m debt and rising

- Dire football

- Falling attendances

- Absentee owners

- A threadbare, unbalanced squad after spending £15m in two season

- Players played out of position (despite failing) game after game

- Having three, maybe four players of any quality

- Worry that these three or four players may be sold

- Contract extensions given to marginalised players while simultaneously informing fans that times are hard

- A chief exec carrying on regardless, backing his man to the hilt

I thought rock bottom was relegation to the third tier but it looks like that might just have been the first bounce.

Something needs to change. Before change is enforced on us.

Spot on Stuart. People need to wake up and see how bad it currently is.

• Like 2