BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

I think some are being a little harsh on Bowyer - we were down to bare bones tonight. Imagine a fully fit Gestede or King - and the difference it could have made. Tactics weren't bad - and mainly necessitated by the players available.

Thought the defence played well tonight. The midfield played well defensively - but struggled to retain the ball. Williamson was so frustrating - playing excellent one minute and then nearly gifting goals the next,

I think tonight we saw what a motivated Rhodes can do - didn't score - but challenged for absolutely every ball - a stark contrast to some of his half hearted displays this season.

What most of the lads do on the park pitches every weekend !

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what we could have done with a third sub, everyone was injured!!

Throwing the kids in tonight could have destroyed them, the manager can be blamed for a lot of things, but tonight's performance not one of them for me.

What makes me laugh with all these comments about Liverpool 'being there for the taking', bar the early 90s, even when we were in the PL we weren't better than Liverpool and we rarely beat them. Not sure where all this sudden expectation has come from. Liverpool have a far better squad than ours....

Should have thrown Mahoney on for last 10 minutes - "go and enjoy yourself lad and get us a goal". The innocence of youth might just have produced a 'magical' moment - how could 10 minutes destroy one of them ?

• Backroom

I don't know what we could have done with a third sub, everyone was injured!!

Throwing the kids in tonight could have destroyed them, the manager can be blamed for a lot of things, but tonight's performance not one of them for me.

What makes me laugh with all these comments about Liverpool 'being there for the taking', bar the early 90s, even when we were in the PL we weren't better than Liverpool and we rarely beat them. Not sure where all this sudden expectation has come from. Liverpool have a far better squad than ours....

He threw Mahoney on against City last season though

What a load of rubbish mercerman.

Bowyer was positive in his 1st sub. Change formation and went more positive 4-4-2. We caused them problems..

Can't believe how negative you are being.

Rovers gave 100% tonight.

Very proud of Bowyer and the team.

Rovers till I die

Expect 100% every time - that's a given.

We had a great chance tonight. Injuries or no injuries, our 'big' players bottled it. An unimaginative manager didn't help.

How much did Liverpool's squad cost ? What division are we in ? Bowyer must have done something right to only be beaten by the odd goal over 180 minutes and when their goal keeper was arguably their key player over both matches.

Irrelevant.

I look at Bradford at Chelsea and they were fearless - Parkinson bold and imaginative. Stead more nous than our midfield / forwards put together.

Oh and I still hold Mercerman completely responsible for tonight's result. Thanks for cursing us with your arrogance.

Not arrogance but misplaced confidence.

Accommodation now cancelled at no cost.

Remember the 6 P's !!!!!!

Expect 100% every time - that's a given.

We had a great chance tonight. Injuries or no injuries, our 'big' players bottled it. An unimaginative manager didn't help.

We have to totally disagree Mercerman.

We had chances tonight. But didnt take them.

And I wouldnt bought on Mahoney tonight either. Not the right game for him. Maybe play him on Saturday

I think if King was available then it would be a very different result tonight.

But King was injured.

Bowyer needs to get pace into the side next season

and if Liverpool had not had 3 suspensions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderation Lead

He threw Mahoney on against City last season though

Yeah, right after we'd just signed him, never for him to be seen again....

We may as well play the kids some game time between now and the rest of the season, nothing to lose!!

And I wouldnt bought on Mahoney tonight either. Not the right game for him. Maybe play him on Saturday

Rooney as a 16/17 year old against Wenger's invincible Arsenal - was that the right game for a 16/17 year old !

I think tonight we saw what a motivated Rhodes can do - didn't score - but challenged for absolutely every ball - a stark contrast to some of his half hearted displays this season.

I am completely flabbergasted by this comment.

Earlier you said that Cairney, Marshall and Conway were poor and now that tonight was not the right game for Mahoney. I don't understand the logic behind your comment.

I am completely flabbergasted by this comment.

Regardless of what people think of Rhodes, I don't think anyone can put him down after today. He's in a poor team that fails to fashion chances for him, even against poorer opposition than Liverpool. He's a penalty box player that never gets the ball near his feet in the area. Ever.

I don't think he had a good game tonight but I can't fault him for not doing much as he does work hard. Put any striker that isn't 6'5 in this Rovers squad and they will do naff all. It's the fault of the tactics in place, not Rhodes.

Great performance all things considered.

Some of our atrackers were poor; marshals struggled ever since he was moved out of the 'hole', iv been a big critic of Williamson but he was really good today; fully committed, although his passing wasn't greAt but that's Williamson for you!

Was really miffed with the amount of local Liverpool fans in our end; was dying to give them a few slaps!

Very proud of the performance tonight.

Bowyer got his tactics spot on tonight.

Henley was outstanding tonight. Kilgallon was good. Hope he gets a new contract.

Marshall, Cairney and Conway poor tonight

er yes course he did ..WE LOST!! LOVE TO SEE HIM GET IT WRONG WE MAY HAVE WON

Regardless of what people think of Rhodes, I don't think anyone can put him down after today. He's in a poor team that fails to fashion chances for him, even against poorer opposition than Liverpool. He's a penalty box player that never gets the ball near his feet in the area. Ever.

I don't think he had a good game tonight but I can't fault him for not doing much as he does work hard. Put any striker that isn't 6'5 in this Rovers squad and they will do naff all. It's the fault of the tactics in place, not Rhodes.

Why doesn't he work on his speed and fitness? He's on top money and has all the resources available to him. Just seems to be getting slower.

People keep saying bring Mahoney?

Has he been playing well for reserves/under 21's side?

If he isn't a real option he shouldn't be on the bench. The horrific reactions from some who think it ridiculous to bring on one of our very few attacking options FROM THE BENCH CHOSEN BY THE MANAGER when we are 1-0 down in the last 5 minutes of the final meaningful game of the season are frankly laughable.

Haven't got any complaints regarding the result. They were the better team by far. We didn't really do enough up front but considering the injuries, I don't think you could blame anyone for that.

The back 4 and Williamson were brilliant. Marshall and Conway were poor and Rhodes was ineffective. Gestede made a big difference, just a shame that he could only last half an hour.

Don't think you could blame Bowyer for the lack of subs, we only had kids on the bench.

We held our own, weren't humiliated and managed to fill Ewood for the first time in years. Decent effort. Don't think we could have done any better with the players we had available.

Not arrogance but misplaced confidence.

Accommodation now cancelled at no cost.

Remember the 6 P's !!!!!!

Oh well, as long as you're all sorted then.

Next time could you keep your misplaced confidence a little closer to your chest. Karma plays a big part in football.

I think that's the problem. We aren't a good team. I think Rhodes would do well in a good attacking team with some pace - and decent wide men. The way we play just doesn't suit him..............and after seeing Rudy and him together several times - it seriously just doesn't work. Rudy will be gone in the summer so it doesn't really matter - but he'd be well suited to playing with a faster player. There's no point in winning the first ball if the 2nd ball invariably goes begging.

Oh well, as long as you're all sorted then.

Next time could you keep your misplaced confidence a little closer to your chest. Karma plays a big part in football.

Hey come on, lighten up a bit.

I genuinely thought we had a cup final appearance in us.

I am equally sad it's not happened.

Archived