SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham 0 V 2 Blackburn Rovers

Tris

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back, not much more to say that hasnt already been said.

I thought we defended, better, but we had to really. We still gave Fulham too many chaces the score. ie the radzinski chance, still cant believe he missed, the view from where i was sitting was crap and i sat there with me head in my hand for about 10secs before i realised he missed.

I thought Reid had another good game and it now seems he's got his own chant. REIDDDDDY REIDDDDDDDY!

Emerton also had a good game, but was was pretty poor when he got in the box.

Dickov again was great and so was Tugay.

My match ratings:

Friedel 7

Neill 7

Todd 6

Short 6

Nissa 7

Reid 7.5

Ferguson 7

Tugay 7.5

Emerton 7.5

Gally 7

Dickov 8.5

Chris coleman said this in his post match interview:

"Blackburn just showed more desire. Have Blackburn got better players than us? No. Did they want to win the game more? Yes.

Better players than us, cheeky b*****d. we'll see at the end of the season coleman.

i caught this game on fox sports world... i thought that dickov, tugay, and friedel all looked great.

it's impossible to not love paul dickov, isn't it? he puts the "labore" in "arte et labore"

i had to wake up early to catch this game (6:30 am on a saturday), but it was well worth it. i've been a good mood all day because of it.

A fully deserved win, if only we played like that everygame. I though Fulham where terrible though we could have scored even more than we did today. Nissa, Gally & Dickov all had exellent games. And we are off the bottom and out of the relation zone. smile.gif

Match Ratings

Friedel - 8 - made some good reflex saves.

Nissa - 9 - Some good tackles and supported Emerton down the left

Todd - 7 - Kept Cole fairly quite all game

Short - 8 - Solid

Neill - 7 - Had a good game

Emerton - 8 - Should of scored early chance made good runs throughout the match

Tugay - 8 - The real tugay turned up for once

Ferguson - 7 - Avergae game for Barry

Reid - 7 - Assit for the first goal

Gally - 8 - Worked hard and deserved his goal

Dickov - 9 - Superb once again didn't stop running all match

SUBS

Thompson - 6 - Showed some good touches when he came on

Matteo

Match Ratings

Friedel - 8 - made some good reflex saves.

Nissa - 9 - Some good tackles and supported Emerton down the left

Todd - 7 - Kept Cole fairly quite all game

Short - 8 - Solid

Neill - 7 - Had a good game

Emerton - 8 - Should of scored early chance made good runs throughout the match

Tugay - 8 - The real tugay turned up for once

Ferguson - 7 - Avergae game for Barry

Reid - 7 - Assit for the first goal

Gally - 8 - Worked hard and deserved his goal

SUBS

Matteo

Match Ratings

Friedel - 9 - everything that was asked he did to perfection

Nissa - 9 - Great game, but why all the attacking flair?

Todd - 7 - Didn't make many errors

Short - 7 - Same as todd

Neill - 8 - Superb both attacking and defending, needs ot improve throw ins

Emerton - 8 - went missing at one stage but great second half

Tugay - 8 - Passing of the finest order

Ferguson - 8 -- Top effort and chasing ability, some great organising aswell

Reid - 7 - Went off the boil second half

Gally - 8 - Superb on the right attacking wing and in the middle

SUBS

Matteo - 6 - no comment!

it's impossible to not love paul dickov, isn't it? he puts the "labore" in "arte et labore"

I don't love him at all. He is not a good enough striker and tackle other players horribly in almost every game. 5 goals 2 of them on penalty in 15 games is not much. It comes to an average of 0.33 goals per game.

ohmy.gif

Can anyone tell me where the F$$$$$$G media was at this game ????

after all we are BRFC and allegedly followed by racist supporters sad.gif

wot ? no reply ??

that speaks volumes biggrin.giftinykit.gifbiggrin.gif

Give it a fecking rest you clown. Any media comment would have come in tomorrow's and next week's paper's. Hopefully we gave them nothing to comment about.

I agree,we need a striker.But I think we need a central defender even more,and I would not mind a central midfielder,if we can have three signings.Otherwise the first two.

But I think Gallagher and Stead could be a great partnership in the future.Dickov is doing the business though now,I hope he can improve his finishing,cause he misses too many 1 on 1's.

yes cheers scotty for that. I was making my point.

I am sure that if you go back and read the two differences of opinion you will see exact;y what I mean dry.gif

as for clown ? well mate I think that remark should be directed towards Jimmy Mullen, now he was a real clown laugh.gif

Far too ###### for any sort of coherent match report so just a few observations.

Players who I, and others have slated recently were great today. Tugay, Neill and Johansson were competing for man of the match - I reckon Neill may have just got it.

Gally was terrific. Took his goal well and looked like he was forging a partnership with Dickov.

We should have scored at east five. I lost count of the amount of times we got behind them but the final ball let us down time and time again.

Fulham were awful. Dreadful. Poor. Bad.

Our fans were fantastic. Ace. Loud. Good.

Lovely to meet StuWilkey and his glamourous girlfriend. Good work fella! biggrin.gif

Going to drink some more now. wink.gif

I am sure that if you go back and read the two differences of opinion you will see exact;y what I mean dry.gif

as for clown ? well mate I think that remark should be directed towards Jimmy Mullen, now he was a real clown laugh.gif

Yeah sorry Warren. Probably a bit ott that. Bit pi55ed.

In fairness mate you have made your point 3 times now and we can't say until tomorrow how correct it is. There was a lot of media attention at the game but I was too far back/ too p1ssed / too chuffed to notice. All I care is we won and I can't tell you how good that feels.

Oh did I mention flying is the only way to travel thumbs-up.gif

glad you guys enjoyed it and that your now bot suffering some sort of dehydration.

I can tell you ALL that the match commander has made a contribution to the press after the game stating that ROVERS fans were well received, well behaved and that there were no arrests.

enjoy the rest of the evening gents laugh.gif

Scotty, no probs mate, I dont take personal insults as after all is said and done, its opinions. Now then I hope you have the muvva of all headaches in the morning laugh.gifwink.giftinykit.gif

Haven't had the opportunity to read many posts as yet but people are giving Tugay and Ferguson remarkably good marks considering how anonymous they both were in the first half. Fulham were given acres of space and Tugay was again getting caught out of position with Ferguson not back tracking.

Second half, however, Tugay played long stretches further up the pitch and he was able to really show his stuff. Ity was nice to see the two rotating rather than one playing infront of the defense the entire match. Much more of a partnership today between the two.

Emerton and Reid were just superb AGAIN today, Emerton especially - he's looking an absolutely brilliant player.

Thought Gallagher was good today and nice to see him in the team.

Huge improvement from Neill, minus one occasion in the first half when Fulham were let in and missed the goal by a couple of inches because he wasn't far enough up the pitch.

Johansson at left back was just brilliant and I hope to see the same formation next week.

Great game and a damned good performance!

EDIT: one complaint is that Emerton could have got about 5 shots in today but instead chose to pass. He really needs to get the confidence to shoot.

Edited by tcj_jones

I don't love him at all. He is not a good enough striker and tackle other players horribly in almost every game. 5 goals 2 of them on penalty in 15 games is not much. It comes to an average of 0.33 goals per game.

oh dear. You obviously go to loads of games. Clown!

Dickov is our player of the season so far. Has worked 100% in almost every game and has been a credit to the blue and white halves.

he could have gone scoreless, and i'd still respect the hell out of him. he gives it 110% on every play.

by no means am i calling him the greatest striker in the history of sports, but it's damn near impossible to ignore just how dedicated he is to the cause. that's what won me over. he's just plain fun to watch. he plays like a caffienated squirrel out there.

Just cracked open another bottle of red but had to respond to this as it's so spot on. I can accept people having reservations over Dickov but even most of his harshest critics gave now accepted his worth to the team. Yet some people still can't praise him. Why? I've seen him compared to Ward which to me is just an insult. Dickov has his faults but he brings so much to the team. He created that penalty like he won the one last week. He is a star and should be appreciated for what he does not slated for what he doesn't do.

user posted image

It was a calm November afternoon for the boats gently gliding across the Thames today.

Passing through Fulham and Putney Bridge, the young men and women on the boats might well have been oblivious to the vital proceedings at Craven Cottage - where Blackburn gained a welcome respite from the stormy waters that had been threatening to engulf the club in recent weeks.

Last season, a 4-3 win at this ground was the turning point in our relegation battle. The three points gained at the Cottage today could prove to be equally crucial.

This is a much more picturesque part of London than the Selhurst dump I'll be visiting in a fortnights time. It would be invaluable if we could get a win down there against Palace.

Some good old-fashioned wing play did the trick for us today after ten minutes. Steven Reid did well to get to the byeline and whip the ball in for Gallagher. It was dreadful defending by Fulham, but a deserved goal for Rovers after a bright opening start.

Radzinski, who looked offside, should have equalised a few minutes afterwards. Later in the half, Paul Dickov should have scored, but he seemed to snatch at his chance. He might not be prolific, but his effort and commitment to the cause are to be admired.

It wasn't a classic match this afternoon; there was a bit of sloppy passing from both sides at times. But to be successful in this game it's imperative to get good crosses in from wide positions. I was pleased to see Rovers do that today.

Chris coleman said this in his post match interview:

"Blackburn just showed more desire. Have Blackburn got better players than us? No. Did they want to win the game more? Yes.

Coleman was scathing about his team afterwards, accusing his players of arrogance and a lack of desire.

"Maybe our players think they are too good to be in a dogfight. There were too many players thinking they could just turn up. They looked like they were on a beach in Rio, flicking it here and there. We were rightly booed off today," Coleman said.

Sparky paid tribute to his players after the game. Hughes said that the lads were very sound defensively throughout the match.

(I actually thought we had a couple of dodgy moments in defence - but it was certainly a damn sight better than our defending in the Birmingham game.)

Gallagher, who scored his second successive Premiership goal today, looked lively up front.

Last season Gallagher's fortuitous 'handled' goal against Newcastle gave us a crucial away win at St James' Park, much to the chagrin of Sir Bobby Robson.

His goal today was well taken, putting his family problems behind him.

user posted image

Paul's 40-year old mother has pleaded guilty to three charges of benefit fraud and has asked for another 38 similar offences ohmy.gif to be taken into consideration.

Blackburn magistrates heard that she used a different name and a false National Insurance number to fraudulently claim a string of benefits. Nearly as bad as an Albanian asylum seeker... wink.gif

(I'll probably get another "fecking clown" comment from Scotty after that one...)

Anyway, well done to Rovers for an important away victory.

You wait years for a penalty and suddenly two come along in the space of three matches. It's a funny old game...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.