SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham 0 V 2 Blackburn Rovers

Tris

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great start to a saturday. Long time since last time. We are up to 16th now before todays other games. At the end of today I can see us droping lower than 15th on the table.

Only disappointment today was that MGP didn't come on the last 10 min. The kid need playing time soon.

Edited by Maverick

racial abuse ? whats all that about ??

media coverage ditto

Rovers have fully deserved their win, a phone call from someone at the ground states andy cole got a good reception, the fans have been well received.

Tris, hope your reading, and it s nothing personal, but I have read EVERY single sports paper coverage this morning, I have had the radio on, the computer on and watched the gme on sky.

There has not been one reference to Blackburn Rovers supporters and racism.

In fact the only report of racist behaviour and football supporters came in the shape of pompy goalie shaka hislop being abused by a fan.

so enjoy the rest of your saturday rolleyes.gif

naive ? dont think so more realistic and probably more knoweldgeable laugh.gif

we got another pen! dickov was a total pest, and all credit to him for his performance today. but please lay it off when it is the better option in future. i thought everybody played well, wonderful performance, and tugay had one of his better games today. and we even won with matteo on the pitch! let's do the spurs next! tinykit.gif

Woooooohooooo! Three points, but better yet, a clean sheet. Friedel should be congratulated, thought he had a great game, made many a save. Also thought Emerton and Toogs were fantastic, though I think Emerton may have to realise that Dickov can't shoot worth a damn and just take some shots himself, he's in the penalty box enough times.

Neill also played fairly well today and I thought Nissa was superb at left back. All in all a very nice performance. Good to see Gally take a nice goal, two in two for him, very nice. Hopefully he can continue this trend. Incidentally, he seems a fairly tall player, I reckon some weights would do him some good, win a few balls in the air, become really imposing. He has the foot skills to do well.

Very happy, Go you good thing!

ps. Memorandum to Mark Hughes - we need another striker. As much heart and work rate that Dickov has, he is severely lacking in quality. If his skill even matched half of his work rate, he'd be very good player...alas it is not the case. That penalty should never have even been allowed if his touch was of any class. For such a classless player I cannot understand why he is so greedy and takes all the shots himself. I would like to see Boothroyd and Gallagher given a go together.

Excellent result. Clean sheet was much needed and we go a little towards fixing our goal difference. Moves us up the table and we can now look to push on, keep this form going and we'll keep on moving up that table. Played well today, deserved the three points, oh and Andy who? Looks like he's still 5 chances 1 goal.

Great result, great team effort.

It has to be said that Fulham weren't very good, but I believe we made them look worse than they really were. They couldn't string two passes together, but we did put constant pressure on them in midfield.

The whole defense, including Neill, looked very solid. Friedel didn't have to do much, but was always in the right place and made a great save when Andy Cole was clean through. I was really worried when I saw Nissa at left back, but he was brilliant IMO. Also got forward a lot and actually looked like a real left back.

Neither Tugay or Ferguson really pulled the strings in midfield, but they were good defensively. Reid and Emerton again put in great performances, especially Emerton. Reid helped out well at the back and I believed he cleared it off the line at the end too.

Dickov... well, I don't think we'll ever see him put in a bad performance. Got around the defenders on the wings several times, creating many opportunities. Yes it's true that he's not a very good passer, but he gets so many opportunities through his immense workrate that it doesn't matter. I also think there's no coincidence that us getting two penalties in the space of like 4 games just happened to come after we signed Dickov. Gallagher was very lively and did well. Excellent finish to score his second goal in two games. I guess Hughes didn't play him earlier because he took a little longer getting back to match fitness after his injury than people expected.

I won't do any ratings, everyone played well. Extra praise for Emerton and Dickov. An improvement from Neill too.

Great performance. Tugay was great, esp in the first half. Todd was all over Cole for most of the match. Made a couple of minor mistakes in the second half, but he'd still be my MOTM. Friedel was solid. Didn't seem tested too much except that one save on Cole (after the handball). After watching Cole and Dickov, I see why we weren't getting pens last season and are this. Oh, and is it me, or does Cole look like he's aged about 5 years in his face?

Well done lads! We got a penalty and we keept a clean sheet! rover.gif

Friedel 7 - solid, one great save to deny Cole scoring aginst his former club

Neill 7 - also solid, and was more attacking than I've seen him before, which is good. Great tackle on Radzinsky, never a freekick..rolleyes.gif

Johansson 7 - did well, was also good going forward. His passing at times werent the best, but a solid performance all around.

Todd 6 - Decent but not the best performance I've seen. Had some problems when they put pace on the ball.

Short 7 - Won everything in the air, and expect from the irresolute play when Cole alone got away from him and todd, a good game!

Reid 7.5 - Got stuck in, and I can see why MGP isn't playing. He can defend, he can take people on, good tackling, good game! Hope it continues!

Emerton 7.5 - Great on the ball, needs to get more involved IMO, because he is a very good player atm.

Tugay 8 - Our MOM! Great performace, best I've seen of him ever I think. His work rate was dickovish, and his passing was impressive to say at least.

Ferguson 7 - Good game, but I've seen him much better.

Dickov 7 - Workes hard as always, a bit greedy in the first half, better in the second. Great struck penalty!

Gallagher 6 - He is a man for the future, and will get us goals. Faded away a bit as the game went on, but he will continue to improve.

All around a very good game, we had a lot of chances, a huge amount of crosses into the box, and on another day we could have scored 4 or 5 goals.!

BRING ON SPURS NEXT SATURDAY, I CANT WAIT! tinykit.gifrover.gif

biggrin.gif A good hard working performance, everyone gave 100%,we cant ask for more than that. I even heard the commentator say "Blackburn have real pace about their game". Cant remember the last time I heard that said about us. Lets hope its the start of a good run. Is it 5 matches unbeaten, cant believe it. I have a smile on my face after watching Rovers.

Cant remember Tugay putting in the tackles like he did today. Thought the work rate of the team was excellent and we did not let Fulham play. Before the match did not think Nissa at left back was a wise choice, glad I was wrong. Being ultra crticial, Fulham had some very good chances.

Overall......Very impressed today its a nice feeling even though my liver will not agree later on!

Edited by John

some are never satisfied sad.gif

exactly what else could they have done today that is worth moaning about ?

we won

we won

we won

we are off the bottom

we kept a clean sheet

we scored 2

the goal difference is today better

only 1 booking

brad and tugay playing extremely well

no injury news reported

a happy team

a happy set of supporters

closing of the gap between fulham and us

charlton already losing

???????

biggrin.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.