BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

Absolutely, latd. Getting to any part of Birmingham from north of the place is pretty much a nightmare (having said that I've no idea where the BC Training Ground is). Totally fed up with the whining of Bruce and Co though.

How can you keep a player who clearly wants to leave?. At least when that has happened to us, Rovers have acted with dignity.

Hopefully Robbie's future can be settled sooner rather than later; and should it be that he comes to Rovers I'm sure his nuisance value willl be worth the fee.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shades of the Dublin fiasco here where Villa used us as a Stalking Horse to trigger the 5m Coventry clause............when Hodgson eventually had to settle for Nathan Blake. sad.gif

Must say I hate this breaking of recently signed long term contracts by mard-arse footballers and their slavering agents. Why do they simply not act with any honour? Keane started it with the odious character trait of backsliding on his own handshake.

Amdy Faye is reported to be moving for 2 million pounds and imo he is a better player than Savage. However, Hughes obviously knows a lot of Savage's qualities and sees the signing as a guarenteed success - as opposed to a slight risk with buying someone he has not worked with before.

However, Hughes obviously knows a lot of Savage's qualities and sees the signing as a guarenteed success - as opposed to a slight risk with buying someone he has not worked with before.

Or maybe Hughes is looking for a team captain. ohmy.gifhuh.gif

The official statement by Birmingham Here

Another offer turned down!

I think brum have again totally missed the point in what he is saying. He wants to move nearer to wrexham which he can do if he moves to us. A chauffeur system doesn't change the fact he wont see his family alot...unless its damon hill! Stinks of a last gasp attempt to try and change his mind but following a transfer request the player rarely stays!

Can't see how brum expect to keep him now, think they have to accept the fact he will be leaving this month.

edit: SSN: confirm a second slightly improved offer upon the £500k down rising to £2.2m over 2 years has been rejected

Edited by modes98

is it me or have brum got the were ' a big club syndrome ' as some off the statements are suggesting why would savage want to move to rovers

how many major trophies have they won, when was the last time they were in europe etc, dont think they have dealt with situation well at all not in the manner of such a big proffesional club at all, how much do they honestly think they will get for a 30 year old, when the likes of henchoz go on a free, babayaro free, hartson 1 mill, moreientes 5 mill

they need to dissalusion themselves they are not a bigger club than rovers and never have been, robbie obviosley does not want to play for brum anymore , whether chuaffer driven or not

Ossydave

Everton are bobbins, the only advantage they have over us is the fact that Moyes has had longer in charge than Sparky and more time to do 'his thing'.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a similar start to them next season.

Have you started on the cocktails already, Dave ? It's lovely to be giddy after a nice purple patch-but even the most cockeyed optimist would be relunctant to make that assertion. smile.gif

Theno: what would suggest that the gaffer is looking for a new captain? unsure.gif

I can completely understand why Birmingham are ###### off. Their best player and captain has handed in a transfer request to move down the table. This board would be in uproar if Ferguson did that to us, ailing parents or not.

couldn't agree more.

if the shoe was on the other foot, this message board would be splitting blood.

I can completely understand why Birmingham are ###### off. Their best player and captain has handed in a transfer request to move down the table. This board would be in uproar if Ferguson did that to us, ailing parents or not.

couldn't agree more.

if the shoe was on the other foot, this message board would be splitting blood.

Thing is this might be the situation with souness reportidly after bazza! Can't blame the brum board for trying to hold on but they are doing it through the media which is totally the wrong way to do it. They are almost encouraging more problems by that. If they kept quiet and talked it through with savage they wouldn't have looked as stupid as they now do.

Blackburn has not responded to any speculation about players in or out and thats the way it should be.

Now he has handed in that request they should be bigging up the situation to try and get as big a fee as possible, but i'd rather they just accepted an offer from us and let it go!

Savage's desire to be closer to Wrexham does appear fabricated, but on the other hand Brum should be offering to fly him via private jet to the nearest place possible and helicopter him on from there if need be,

as anyone who uses the M6 knows it's very rare that you can make that kind of trip at 70-80 miles an hour constant speed.

I love this stuff:

Karren Brady said: "We are all surprised and disappointed by the news of Robbie's transfer request, especially as it seems like he wants to swap Birmingham City for Blackburn Rovers, which I cannot understand.

Birmingham's total trophy take: 1 (League Cup)

Do I need to list our take?

Translation: Who the hell is Birmingham City?

(Sorry mods, but the "hell" just has to be in there for the proper emphasis.)

Savage's desire to be closer to Wrexham does appear fabricated, but on the other hand Brum should be offering to fly him via private jet to the nearest place possible and helicopter him on from there if need be,

as anyone who uses the M6 knows it's very rare that you can make that kind of trip at 70-80 miles an hour constant speed.

Although the mileage is very similar (perhaps Blackburn might even be further away), but it actually takes half the time to get to Wrexham from blackburn compared to b'ham, around 1 hr 15 compared to 2hrs plus.

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Can we just get this straight. As others have said, if Savage joins us he isn't going to move into a terrace on Livesey Branch Road. He'll most probably live somewhere like Hale, Wilmslow or Alderley Edge - all about an hour from Brockhall but also about an hour from Wrexham.

Can we just get this straight. As others have said, if Savage joins us he isn't going to move into a terrace on Livesey Branch Road. He'll most probably live somewhere like Hale, Wilmslow or Alderley Edge - all about an hour from Brockhall but also about an hour from Wrexham.

Nonsense Scotty

There is a lovely two bed terrace for sale on Bolton Road - surely hell be living there?

Brum have made themselves look utterly stupid..

''Savage is going nowhere he's happy here etc etc bitch bitch bitch.''

Maybe they should have asked him first then dealt with it inhouse, as they look shoddy and stupid now.

latest statement then:

"I have this morning received a marginally improved offer from Blackburn's managing director John Williams but it remains totally unacceptable to us.

"Therefore, the player will not be moving to Blackburn."

I'm sure it takes me an hour and a half or so from up here, but obviously he'd be considering living somehwere an hour or so away from the training ground so won't have that time to spend anyway. regardless, driving up from brum in 1.5 hours has to be a rarity, if his old man decides to take a turn for the worse on a friday afternoon he's not going to be there quickly..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.