SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been in the pro-Savage camp, I still think he's an excellent player, but I won't be gutted if we lose out on him. There are other options out there, and Flitty is playing like the Flitty of old lately. We still need someone to be brought in, but with his play lately, it might be a good time to take a chance on a CCC player like Sidwell who wouldn't be thrown in at the deep end, yet still given enough matches to show his worth.

(Unlike Mr. 6, I will admit to having never seen Sidwell play, but have heard great things about him. You have to like when a club's supporters say they would be gutted to see him leave, but know he's too good not to be in the Prem.)

Agree. Although now the transfer request has been handed in, I guess it will come down to who Savage wants to join most, Everton or Rovers. (of course I'm assuming Everton are actually interested in him).

Still can't see how being in Brum makes it any less difficult to visit family in Wrexham. Quite obvious he wants away, but the question is why? If it does come down to wanting to play for Mark Hughes, then it's fantastic news for Rovers.

Everton and the prospect of European football is probably more likely though, although that's certainly not guaranteed at this stage of the season.

I think we'll get him now.

I'm absolutely delighted. I think we will get him - the Hughes factor should be a major one. Savage will make us even harder to beat than we already are, him and Ferguson together is a mouthwatering prospect.

What a great day!!

Agree. Although now the transfer request has been handed in, I guess it will come down to who Savage wants to join most, Everton or Rovers. (of course I'm assuming Everton are actually interested in him).

Still can't see how being in Brum makes it any less difficult to visit family in Wrexham. Quite obvious he wants away, but the question is why? If it does come down to wanting to play for Mark Hughes, then it's fantastic news for Rovers.

Everton and the prospect of European football is probably more likely though, although that's certainly not guaranteed at this stage of the season.

I think we'll get him now.

Everton are bobbins, the only advantage they have over us is the fact that Moyes has had longer in charge than Sparky and more time to do 'his thing'.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a similar start to them next season.

From The Sun

He handed in the request to Bruce at Birmingham’s Wast Hills training complex this morning.

Savage is due to have a meeting with Blues co-owner David Sullivan on Wednesday to discuss his future but has decided to ask to go on the transfer list ahead of those talks.

Bruce, chairman David Gold and Sullivan were all unavailable for comment today and it is unclear whether they will agree to Savage’s request.

Savage is due to play for Birmingham tomorrow evening in the home Premiership clash with Bolton.

Blackburn are expected to make a further £2.7m bid for Savage in the next few days including a £1million down payment.

Bruce, chairman David Gold and Sullivan were all unavailable for comment today and it is unclear whether they will agree to Savage’s request.

Well that makes a what does that mean? change doesn't it?

Those nuggets have been busy slagging of our club in the Sun all last week and we can't even get a few words when Savage puts in a transfer request.

D**kheads the lot of em and birmingham are quickly becoming similar to Spurs in the hate stakes.

"SAVAGE WILL NOT LEAVE DURING THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW" Steve bruce.

Lets see then tosser.

He'll go to Everton if they're interested, they have much more dough than us.

it isn't all about money! beattie picked everton over villa even though they offered less wages! if everton have an offer accepted i suspect rovers will offer exactly the same to get him!

2.7M seems a lot for Savage. He's a decent player but I'd rather we got a striker with the money (although there doesn't seem to be anyone availiable in that position apart from this Croatian).

Everton's interest may depend on Gravesen. Apparently Real Madrid bid £2M for him yesterday, if he goes I'd imagine Moyes would be very interested in lining up Savage as a replacement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Savage is an excellent player and we should have bought him when he left Leicester. If he had played for a fashionable club then he would be ranked right up there with Roy Keane, but he better going forward.

Anybody that saw him at Ewood in the season that Leicester went down has to agree with me. They were a shocking team and yet Savage beat us on his own that day. He is a class player, and he also winds the hell up out of the opposition and their fans.

He and Thompson would be a nightmare to play against. Throw in Dickov as well and we would hardly ever have play against 11 men!

Everton have bought Beattie, so not only does that reduce their war chest, but it boosts ours. We should do whatever it takes to get Savage.

Quotes from David Gold:

"Personally I am extremely disappointed at Robbie for handing this transfer request.

"I am disappointed because we fulfilled all of Robbie's requirements when he signed a new contract only a few months ago.

"I've been a great fan of Robbie Savage throughout all his time at Birmingham and to then get a transfer request like this is disappointment."

Looks like he's disappointed then! laugh.gif

While all the national press are saying that Blackburn itself is a mile or two further away from Birmingham what they fail to mention is that to live outside Birmingham and to commute to the training ground would take a fair amount of time, whereas Savage could easily live in Bolton, Manchester or Liverpool etc.. as many Rovers players do and easily make it to training, thus that is how he would be nearer to his family. Depending on how much money we have to spend overall (as I wouldn't want to spent our whole budget on him) £2.5mil does not sound too bad a deal, although his value is only going to decrease as he is 30, surely this has to be taken into consideration.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.