BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Grrr.

If we let him go for anything less than 6m (as well as spending 3m+ on Savage) I will seriously consider whether I want to keep on spending my hard earned cash on season tickets when they just keep flushing it down the drain. The whole thing sickens me.

And the comment from Rangers...

Rangers chairman David Murray insists they will not be increasing their £3m bid for the 27-year-old.

The Ibrox club clearly believe Ferguson can force Blackburn to sell him.

"All the managers are in the same boat these days. If a player digs his heels in it can become difficult because of undermining the squad morale," manager Alex McLeish said on Friday.

"Also, you might not get the top performances out of the player that you would expect.

"Managers are definitely caught between a rock and a hard place these days in a situation like that."

... seems to me to be totally unethical. It's like they're publically encouraging him to start a rebellion.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big player my ass, soft Jock b------d, running off back to Jock-land, give, us what we ? (Souness) was daft enough to pay for him, onward and upwards we will go.

As for Ferguson he will be playing in a team in a mickey mouse league where he will have to get used to coming second ALL the time to The Bhoys...There's ambtion for you...I THINK NOT..............

Given that the Savage saga has gone on three weeks and that we are less than two weeks away from the end of the window it should get quite interesting.

Rovers don't need to sell, Rangers would like him (but how much do they want him), and Ferguson (presumably) is desperate to go to Rangers. Sounds a bit like the Savage scenario, but a shorter timespan.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't wring every single penny out of this one.

Your first sensible post in weeks. Congratulations.

Grrr.

If we let him go for anything less than 6m (as well as spending 3m+ on Savage) I will seriously consider whether I want to keep on spending my hard earned cash on season tickets when they just keep flushing it down the drain. The whole thing sickens me.publically encouraging him to start a rebellion.

Its commenst like this that make me realise why I havent posted on BRFCS.com. You onviously are not a true fan.

Also, on what planet is Feguson worth anywhere near £6mil. Yes hes a better player than when we bought him but we overpaid by at least 50% for him.

Us wanting £6mil is like Birmingham wanting £5mil for Savage.

Oh dear Barrys lost his bottle and wants to return to the goldfish bowl that is the SPL. Admittedly he's a great player and was coming on this year but was still far too inconsistent and didnt stamp his authority on games. My main gripe with all this though is the timing of it all.

I now presume that Barry did infact get his agent to throw his name Rangers way in the first place, possibly to save face with the fans. After that got dragged out for far too long and a week or so of silence from the man himself, a transfer request appears. Not the best course of action for a club who took a gamble on signing him and then stuck by him through his initial homesickness and injuries.

Anyway far to many similarities now with the Savage/Birmingham deal as i suppose what goes around comes around. Lets just not get involved in a slanging match and get the deal done quick but only on our terms for once.

The only thing that bothers me about this is how the club has been left in the lurch with not long to get a replacement.

Latest on Savage from BBC at 13.20

Thomo and Savage will sort it......once Barry "he's going to be a top, top player" Ferguson has tucked his tail between his legs and slunk off back to Hamilton.

One thing we can say for the rest of the squad, they've all had the balls to buckle down and get on with their jobs since Sparky arrived.

still far too inconsistent and didnt stamp his authority on games.

Oh yes, indeed. And do you know why? Because he's a soft fanny, that's why! Are his balls still in Glasgow, is that why he's going home to Mammy?

With 20/20 hindsight, buying him for 7.5m was a calamitous transfer. As bad a piece of business as Grabbi.

Jim - thanks.

Toogs - yep, loyalty is a foreign concept to these dudes. But then teh same could be said of Savage, their first loyalty is to themselves.

And Ginger was totally rigth about Rangers' incendiary remarks. No class these guys, they're obviously as tight as two coats of paint and don't care whose noses they put out of joint as they try to get him back for a box of Tunnock's Tea Cakes.

Get rid quick of this disruptive ponce! He must not wear the Rovers shirt again. Good riddance. He will end up back with Souness - only a matter of time. The homesick card currently being played is bullshit.

PS - after he's gone who will be left to mess up all Rovers direct freekicks?

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Very disappointing. What does this say about his ambition when the Premier League is acknowledged as one of the top leagues in the world. Is Walter Smith the Scottish Manager? I'll bet he's delighted that his skipper is going from playing against some of the world's best players week-in week-out, to only playing against a similar standard 4 times a year. "He'll be up there with Viera and Keane and Gerrard" my @rse.

So, when the Savage thing and this is done, what will we all talk about?

I will be disappointed if we don't get at least our £6.5m back.

Why? Do you honestly believe he is worth that?

Whether or not he's worth that is immaterial - the club are in a strong bargaining position and if Rangers want him that badly, they'll find the money (if indeed it's Rangers that Barry's wanting to go to and not Newcastle...).

So, when the Savage thing and this is done, what will we all talk about?

An under-performing player (or at least a "deemed to be" under-performing player) will be unearthed and picked out for criticism and defence depending on which side of the fence you sit...

Anyway, there's two weeks of transfer speculation to go yet, so we could start pinpointing someone else at another club to disrupt / unsettle etc.

I for one am not really bothered if Fergie wants to leave. Players with hsi amount of skill (not that much) are 10 a penny.

He was neither a ball winner, a box to box player, or a creative midfielder........for £6.5m he was a waste of money

And do we really want a player with the ambition of a dung beatle in our team?

Bye Bye Mr Annonymous

Thanks, Eddie.

That's the kind of posture I hoped we would adopt. We need to hope that other clubs come into the bidding now to get the price up.

I'll tell you what. If Newcastle come in now there will be no doubt of a collaboration between Murray and Souness to unsettle Ferguson. I don't think this is the case, though.

Come on, Moyesey...

Good player, perhaps slightly under acheived but he did have a serious injury.

Nobody can blame him if he wants to move back to Rangers for his family's sake, perhaps he could have thought the move through more at the time.

He came, he got injured, he did ok, he's going home.

I'm sure nobody will be gutted. There willl be those disspaointed but Savage can have more influence if he ever signs.

The thing we must remember here is that would Ferguson hand in a transfer request knowing that Rangers or whoever are only slightly interested. He must know something. As Savage did, he knew if he just waiting for a week or so they would agree a fee and bingo move granted!

He couldn't risk handing a transfer request in as club captain without being sure he can move.

Neill and Todd for captian and vice captain respectively.

Edited by Martin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.