BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

If it's like last time the coaches will be setting off in groups of 10 and some won't leave Ewood till after 11.30. It's just easier to have one time for all but I doubt we will all be in the ground for 2 hours before.

I went by car last time so I didn't realise that. I suppose when the first 10 get there they'll move off so the next 10 can drop off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know how tickets have been selling today. think most people will have got them yesterday, heard today that rovers fans have been purchasing tickets in burnley end, TRUE?

Given that you need to have a purchase history to buy them at the moment its the old rumour mill in overdrive.

EDIT - beat me to it!

Edited by stuwilky

i am led to believe that a group of 20 went to the leeds game and can therefore get tickets! dont be surprised if something kicks off in the home end

Possible but difficult to understand - anyway I thought it had to be in addition to Leeds game.

Just can't see it yet before our tickets have gone properly on Sale - seems strange, as Longsider says Plod would be on it straight away and if anything I doubt anybody would make themselves so vulnerable to an arrest or good kicking if numbers are not more - but then again knowing some numpties.

i am led to believe that a group of 20 went to the leeds game and can therefore get tickets! dont be surprised if something kicks off in the home end

If every rumour I heard along these lines in the run up to any big game was true then on arrival at the Turf I'd find around 6,500 away fans in the Longside and mostly clarets in the Cricket Field (away) end.

These stories seem to act as some sort of half-wit magnet and are passed on by every chump in every pub in Lancashire.

If every rumour I heard along these lines in the run up to any big game

What big games have you lot ever been involved in? apart from the mauling we gave you a few years back?

Pull the other one samual biggrin.gif

If every rumour I heard along these lines in the run up to any big game

What big games have you lot ever been involved in? apart from the mauling we gave you a few years back?

Pull the other one samual biggrin.gif

Now that sounds a lot more like the Gav I know and love.

- anyway I thought it had to be in addition to Leeds game.

Not sure what the ticket selling policy is for them, but my lads best friend and his family all went on the Leeds game so they could get tickets for the Cup match.

They haven't been to watch burnley for years, this being their first visit that I am aware of. The best friend usually says burnley are rubbish and he wouldn't want to watch them. (He is a tv Rangers fan).

We were waiting for a suitable time (when everyone was available) for them to come to Ewood to watch The Rovers, but I'm not sure how this latest development will affect that (them going to the dark side and all)......

just a thought- i dont think anyone has mentioned this before...

I believe the Cricket Field Stand holds somewhere around 4000-4200 in total- yet we have been given 3800 tickets.

therefore- i assume they must be having an area of seats closed off, probably between the away end and the Longside?

unfortunately, as i have to work in and around dinglesville, if this is the case then the numbties will claim these are seats we failed to sell- even if all our 3800 tickets are snapped up.

anyone know if this is true?

I believe the Cricket Field Stand holds somewhere around 4000-4200 in total- yet we have been given 3800 tickets.

therefore- i assume they must be having an area of seats closed off, probably between the away end and the Longside?

unfortunately, as i have to work in and around dinglesville, if this is the case then the numbties will claim these are seats we failed to sell- even if all our 3800 tickets are snapped up.

It won't matter in the grand scheme of things because regardless of a sell out of not you can be assured that in years to come burnley fans will believe we failed to sell out and the they had 10,000 stood outside.

Thats just the way it goes.... biggrin.gif

It won't matter in the grand scheme of things because regardless of a sell out of not you can be assured that in years to come burnley fans will believe we failed to sell out and the they had 10,000 stood outside.

Thats just the way it goes.... biggrin.gif

Exaclty mate spot on. According to some dingles, we sold 1,700 last time and they sold all their tickets at our place!!

Talking of clowns, i was on the clarrotsmad site where i posted how our ticket sales were going, 1,000 by 2pmy'sday ect. This clown responds by saying that if they had 4,000 at Ewood it would have sold out within the first day laugh.gif Considering they sold 6k at our place last time with tickets being on sale for 3 wks and going on open sale also, i somewhat doubt that fact! biggrin.gif

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php...&mid=2141663481

Some things never change eh? rolleyes.gif

Edited by BRFC4EVA

I've just been on footy ground guide and it mentioned a few away pubs and beer in the ground. I know there is only a slight chance but does anyone know if these will be open or if they will be serving in the dingle dome unsure.gif ?

One thing is certain - this is a far bigger match to the dingles that it is us.

Rovers are in a no-win situation - if we win then it is because of the money, if we lose - doesn't bear thinking about.

I see this as a reasonable route into the sixth round - not easy, but a lower league club away in the fifth round is better than Chelsea or United. If we get to the sixth round, it will be all the sweeter because it is the dingles.

My only worry - our recent league record against them is excellent - but our form in Cup competitions against lower league opposition is very poor. Lets hope that the players realise how important this game is to the fans - and give (for once) a showing worthy of national TV rover.gif

One thing is certain - this is a far bigger match to the dingles that it is us.

Rovers are in a no-win situation - if we win then it is because of the money, if we lose - doesn't bear thinking about.

To me it isn't - especially with the season we have had

Agree - so don't even think about it ohmy.gif

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Lets for once and for all get a few facts right:

The last time we played at the Turd the last block of seating in the Cricket field stand towards the Longside was cordoned off by tape and the last two blocks of the Longside lower stand were unoccupied...people who were there know the score.

According to a Burnley work colleague, the Cricket/fishwick stand used to hold 4,200 but has been reduced in capacity this season to allow for disabled places...it now officially seats 3,800.

Demand WILL be high tommorow and if you see a red eyed and weary night shift worker nodding off in the queue give him a friendly dig in the ribs please...this chap really wouldn't want to miss out!!! laugh.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Lets for once and for all get a few facts right:

The last time we played at the Turd the last block of seating in the Cricket field stand towards the Longside was cordoned off by tape and the last two blocks of the Longside lower stand were unoccupied...people who were there know the score.

i was there the last time, just sat at the other end of the Cricket Field Stand than the longside one- who can forget Stans tights!?

i cant see their current manager wearing tights this time.

Thanks for letting me know about the reduced capacity (due to the disabled section-wasn't aware of that).

Anyhow, got my tickets today, 3 of us going. Cant wait for this one!