BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

I sung for 90% of the game (taking rests to breathe) and all the way home. I was even sing morten gamst pedersen laaa laa laaa la laa (love that song) in bed biggrin.gif

Rubbish match, but the occassion and atmosphere will live on in my mind forever. tinykit.gif

Anybody any photos of last night?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the Scotty Report has it nailed on again, however and not wanting to repeat anything

The good news ... all that mattered last night was the result and yet again the Blue n White of Lancashire prevailed over the Carrot and Poo of Yorkshire.

MGP and Nelsen

As Abbey says - look at the result 2-1.

The worrying news ... despite all the possession we had it was very difficult to spot who in fact was the the Premiership team (in fact over the two games)- we where poor and going of that display we have got major worries . As per Cardiff, Burnley gave as good as they got last night and as we struggled against these teams who are middle Champioship to lower material at the moment then we know we have got big problems.

Bad news ... Savage injury would appear to be something he has been carrying and may be worse that first feared. Emerton is still getting a starting position for us (Hughes please get rid... NOW!!)

As for the atmosphere, think it was back to the accoustics at Ewood -as per Celtic and others as what has been said by fans previously, it appears difficult to hear the noise levels of the home/away ends as it does on TV - from the BB End it sounded loud yet it was difficult to hear the Burnley lot singing yet you could see them stood up clapping etc.

On another note ... nobody has mentioned Mokoena yet -although he still gives me the heebies at CB thought he played the best he has so far last night.

So the bragging rights continue... but play like we did last night and Leicester will be as tough as Burnley and we might not be as fortunate, and like it or not the Burnley fans predictions may be closer than we wish to think.

As attacking force we are on a par with Burnley, just thank goodness for MGP and roll on Everton as we need to get this tie out of our system as quickly as possible.

Rovers crowd get a mention in todays Leicester Mercury.

A big, passionate Ewood Park crowd really got behind Rovers in a bitter local derby and there is no doubt that they have caught a real taste of the Cup in this run.

Setting up a throbbing atmos-phere has not been one of Ewood's recognised qualities.

The huge stands built on Jack Walker's millions are often soulless because they are far from full. But when they are, as they were last night, what a change.

The Blue Army, no doubt filling their end just as Burnley did, will give as good as they get. But there was no doubt the Rovers faithful sense big things ahead. No need here for a Delia "Come-on!"

I can't believe that Souness bought our new hero a week before he left. Among is c@@p buys he as unearthed a gem, a superstar

Souness may have bought MGP but he didn't know how to use him... Sparky has really brought the best out of him & THAT is the sign of a good manager

That's the biggest load of crap I've read on this board. Souness gave him a shot, it didn't work out at the time. Who's to say things wouldn't have ended up working out the same?

Can I just agree with American here and say that as much as it is now in vogue to detest Souness, it is a little harsh to invent things to give the man a kicking. For God's sakes, there's an array of Souey-mistakes you can cite without having to invent them.

Souness deserves praise for signing MGP and imo Pedersen would have been a successful Rovers player whoever the manager was.

I've got to say, watching the Riverside bouncing and rocking, from the JW upper was fantastic. It's a long time since I've seen that!

T'was a quality night in the riverside last night. Fair play to the stewards who didn't complain about us wishing to stand too thumbs-up.gif

Dingles....can I just ask, how exactly are you going to keep closing this gap between yourselves and rovers???

You have absolutely no money, you don't even have any assets, and yet were receiving premiership TV payments, etc etc every year!

The way I see it, we can only improve our strike force because it can't really get any worse, and Hughesy is a well respected man in football and can attract some big name players to ewood.

Down at turd moor however, if you continue to improve (i.e. stay in the championship) then the first transfer you see will be your gaffer running for a real wage packet!

And as for your support, I was at Deepdale on Saturday and you were absolutely embarrasing, outsung by a few chavs at the town of the Shankly....of the 2 songs that you manage to sing, the first one is copied from the rovers, and the second, you try to fit 3 syllabuls into a 2 syllabul chant that ends up sounding like a southern cheese factory (Bun-a-lee)

laugh.gif

When you get ridiculous and totally OTT comments like these from visiting supporters you know we really must have made one hell of an impression with the noise and atmosphere...

Claret 'n' boo glasses?.......

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php...&mid=2141266025

biggrin.gif Not laughed so hard in ages! I was sat in the upper tier of the BBE and could barely hear Burnleys fans all game. I also went to Deepdale on Saturday and Burnleys fans were absolutely silent all game. They've got to find something to try and be cheerful about laugh.gif

What really cracks me up is when they sing no-nay-never. Dumb-asses. What they're essentially singing is they'll never be in a league high enough to play us! How stupid are they- hardly something to brag about! tongue.gif

Surprising stat about last night

Oddly Rovers fielded a starting line-up without a single Englishman, but the action was still raw old-fashioned FA Cup fare

I noticed that too.

Is it a first for the club ?

Over the years I have had very little to do with Burnley, whenever our paths cross I realize a little more about the very different world that they inhabit.

After years of hearing claims of their fantastic support (that contradict published attendance figures) and their glorious past (which seems to have been airbrushed out of the history books) I have come to the conclusion that although Rovers and Burnley are on the face of it very similar mill town clubs with fiercely loyal support they are in fact as different as it is possible to be. Rovers make little of the glamour of the big league, unlike their wide boy and glory hunting peers in manchester and the south, while Burnley suffer from a superiority complex or perhaps its a massive chip on the shoulder. They strive to crow about successes, real and imagined but reality dictates that they have had to develop as many words and phrases to describe defeat to Rovers as the Inuit’s have for snow.

The most curious part of the whole thing is that the some elements of the media seem to have been drawn in to burnley's parallel reasoning, so lets not forget, or let anyone else forget (especially burnleys supporters) who won last night. From where I was standing it looked like Rovers.

"The Clarets were more than a match for their hosts and were arguably the better side in the second half."

Yes, I think you'll find a few thousand people who would argue with that, actually. Funny how the "reporter" cannot point to a single scoring opportunity for Burnley during this period of "domination".

"Blackburn had run out of ideas long before Morten Gamst Pedersen fortunately struck the winning goal."

Yes okay. MGP was actually aiming for the corner flag, but fortunately for lucky Rovers it nearly ripped the back of the net.

The link requires registration. Can you copy and paste ?

If you have registered for the Rovers offical site you should be able to access it.

its run by PTV and, like all PTV sites, if you have registered on one you should be access the rest.

Den , you made the point yourself, we have not really got the attacking options to hurt you , we are a well organised outfit that sits deep and takes some breaking down , cotterill has done a great job for us , he new our weakness when he came was our defence so he has worked on that , they say you should build from the back and that is what he has done.

Now I hope next season he will build a stronger attacking option but we shall see , the pride comes from the performance over both games in the fact that you as a prem side should have turned us especially over 2 games but despite the fact you won , we were never out played in either game and with a bit of luck we could have gone through, so imo the gulf between our 2 clubs is not as wide as 5 years ago and in that we must take some pride!

There has been some good honest posting on here if you sift through all the " clarrot and poo ", "turd moor" "bumley" childish rubbish, the bragging rights remain with you but if you like to admit it or not, we are getting nearer and our day will come!

I feel since 5 years ago there has grown a mutial respect in many quarters between supporters of both clubs, but realise that the childish insults I often read on here are becuase we are a club heading in the right direction and that appears to bring out a childish fear in some people!

Den , you made the point yourself, we have not really got the attacking options to hurt you , we are a well organised outfit that sits deep and takes some breaking down , cotterill has done a great job for us , he new our weakness when he came was our defence so he has worked on that , they say you should build from the back and that is what he has done.

Now I hope next season he will build a stronger attacking option but we shall see , the pride comes from the performance over both games in the fact that you as a prem side should have turned us especially over 2 games but despite the fact you won , we were never out played in either game and with a bit of luck we could have gone through, so imo the gulf between our 2 clubs is not as wide as 5 years ago and in that we must take some pride!

There has been some good honest posting on here if you sift through all the " clarrot and poo ", "turd moor" "bumley" childish rubbish, the bragging rights remain with you but if you like to admit it or not, we are getting nearer and our day will come!

I feel since 5 years ago there has grown a mutial respect in many quarters between supporters of both clubs, but realise that the childish insults I often read on here are becuase we are a club heading in the right direction and that appears to bring out a childish fear in some people!

Fair enough about building from the back, but that amounts, in Burnleys case, to putting ten men behind the ball at all times.

If you're going to have a realistic chance of beating a Premiership club in the cup, then you're going to have to score goals. Do you only have one striker? I don't know.

To me, you didn't ever, REALLY have a go at us. You might look back and regret that.

Agreed den, maybe cotterill regrets not going for it, imo blackburn were there to be beaten, but yes with AA cup tied and injured we only have 1 striker and dont really have the attacking options but you are still a prem side and maybe if we had attacked more we might have got mullered?

We have to be patient , cotterill aint been with us a full season yet and we cant have everything at once, I feel the guy knows what he wants and we have to be pateint while he gets it , there's more spoke from rovers fans about burnley than any positives on blackburn, that for me speaks volumes , at the end of the day without being an attacking threat we still gave you 2 hard games and your through whilst we bow out but with your squad costing much more than ours and earning much much more , can you say you were that much better ??

, at the end of the day without being an attacking threat we still gave you 2 hard games and your through whilst we bow out but with your squad costing much more than ours and earning much much more , can you say you were that much better ??

But to be honest you were never going to win the ways you were playing.

Agreed den, maybe cotterill regrets not going for it, imo blackburn were there to be beaten, but yes with AA cup tied and injured we only have 1 striker and dont really have the attacking options but you are still a prem side and maybe if we had attacked more we might have got mullered?

We have to be patient , cotterill aint been with us a full season yet and we cant have everything at once, I feel the guy knows what he wants and we have to be pateint while he gets it , there's more spoke from rovers fans about burnley than any positives on blackburn, that for me speaks volumes , at the end of the day without being an attacking threat we still gave you 2 hard games and your through whilst we bow out but with your squad costing much more than ours and earning much much more , can you say you were that much better ??

Bah! Yer mum's yer dad....Yer dad's yer mum....you are @#/?...you bumley scum.

Stop trying to console yourself with ifs and buts......

Ade Badbuyee? - Yer havin a larrrffffff!!!!

laugh.gif

What you don't seem to understand is that, since the high of the 5-0 win, automatic promotion to the premiership, winning the Worthington Cup in the first season back then and qualifying automatically for Europe in the second (fantastic achievements I’m sure you’ll agree) our third season saw a marked decline in our fortunes resulting in the state of the club which Mark Hughes found it in this season.

But now Hughesy is turning around our fortunes - we are seeing a steady improvement in our results, a climb up the table, a good cup run, and we have beaten our local rivals, scoring the only two goals that our defensively negative rivals conceeded in the campaign.

So you may be ‘on the up’, but so are we and you haven’t addressed the seemingly insurmountable task facing your manager to get your side of getting out of your division.

Long may our progress continue.