SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A serious question for Longsider, or any Burnley fan: Once you've got over the fact that you didn't get hammered again [and I think that's where the pride bit comes in], why, oh why, didn't you have a real go at us? We are a poor side at the moment and this was the best chance you have had for what - 40 years? and all you do is approach both games with such a negative formation.

At the Turf and down at Ewood, you didn't create one decent scoring chance. [apart from the speculative shot that you scored from].

I can understand that approach in the league, where you are fighting for your survival, but in the F.A.cup?

Was it because you feared a hiding, or your menager is just a negative manager, or because you aren't good enough to pose a threat to anyone.

Like I said, it's a serious question. You should have had a go! and you didn't.

Serious answer is we don't have much attacking skill in the squad.

No sour grapes nor crying into my beer but what you saw last night was all we have. No debate over whether we play this striker or that striker. When we had Robbie Blake and Chaplow we had an excellent forward and attacking midfielder, now we don't and it shows. There was no option on the bench to bring on to try and have a go.

This is not having a go either, I have already congratulated you on victory but perhaps a better question for you is why you couldn;t deal more easily with a lower division team that struggled to get 11 fit pro's out onto the pitch?

Still depsite the ultimate result, I enjoyed the 2 encounters and I can honestly say I am far less down about it than I thought I would be. We now have to wait until summer and see what SC can do about the squad.

Why must we criticise Rovers performance every time we win!!!!

Its ridiculous. We must be the only fans who do that. We'll probably win the cup and beat Man Yoo in the final 2-1 and the team will still get slagged off and the usual posts of "Good result but shame about the performance" will come up again.

Who gives a flying f***, we bloody won!!!!

Edited by greggyk

This is not having a go either, I have already congratulated you on victory but perhaps a better question for you is why you couldn;t deal more easily with a lower division team that struggled to get 11 fit pro's out onto the pitch?

We too had injuries and suspensions, but that's not an excuse. The truth is longsider, that we don't have any quality up front. The previous managers' decision to give our best striker away is costing us this season. There is cash in the bank to sort something out in the summer. though.

As for why couldn't we deal more easily with seeing off Burnley, well it wasn't as though you ever looked like scoring, never mind winning. So although we played poorly, I wouldn't say we were ever threatened. That's where I think your manager got it wrong. You might have only one striker fit, but that shouldn't stop you from being a bit more positive. You still had 11 players out there, you should have pushed more of them forward in support of the front man.

Well that's true, you would'nt know why we were proud tonight because you was'nt there again!

But 50% of the the goals with a 10men behind the ball side aint a bad stat is it?

Last time you humiliated us with a better side , although you still have a better side it's not as big a gulf as last time, this time you beat us but far far from humiliating us , gutted but a proud dingle!!

Now stick that in ya harley and rev it up a bit!!

What an aspiration, to be as good as us. You are proud of your team because the gulf between us is not as big as it was. Quite sad really. So the important thing to you is that you did not get hammered, I love it it's a clear admission by you of your inferiority. Funny, time was any defeat by Rovers was devastating, now you get a hard on if we do not hammer you, you lot really have slipped, I love it. I could not have wrote it better myself.

Non stop singing? Hah.

Not a bad stat? Not a good one either, it led to a loss which gets you nothing exactly. Now please return to your board under your real handle and be your true venomous, hateful self, I have grown tired of your holier than thou two faced stuff. I know who you are.

For the rest of the clarrots, if the "gulf" has really closed that much why are you not in the mix for promotion. Now Preston one could say the gulf has closed there. You play out of your skin for two games, we play poorly and you think you have accomplished something what is it ? 5 shots at goal in 180 mins of football. You are proud of that? good on yah.

Edited by USABlue

I thought Rovers poor performance last night stemmmed around Emmerton making poor decisions and Gallagher and Bothroyd looking like and not for the first time, a set of clarets in disguise.

I found it amazing Mark Hughes selected these two Gally and Betty for last night after their consistantly poor form so far this season.

When MGP went up front to replace these two donkeys and Reid came on then we looked slightly more positive but we should'nt have to pay money to watch talentless individuals like Gally and Bothroyd.

Surprising stat about last night

Oddly Rovers fielded a starting line-up without a single Englishman, but the action was still raw old-fashioned FA Cup fare

Yes, but the Empire was well represented: South Africa, USA, Australia and New Zealand. So as long as Rovers take the pitch the sun will continue to never set... smile.gif

Bah! Yer mum's yer dad....Yer dad's yer mum....you are @#/?...you bumley scum.

You really should listen a little closer before you join in. The third line is "You're Interbred" not "You're #####" (although the orignal Adams Family, "Father is your cousin, your sister is your lover" version makes much more sense anyways).

Which reminds me .......

To the muppet who sits behind me (row 24/25 ish, seat 88-92 ish). If you took a few minutes to learn a little Rovers history, you wouldn't have three rows wetting themselves when you repeatedly started a one man chorus of "One Simon Gardener laugh.gif

The gulf closing?

4 years ago Rovers went up, and Burnley finished SEVENTH!!!

You wont finish seventh this season, the truth is, you are clinging onto the hope of Rovers getting worse.

Unfortunately for you, under the new regime, this isn't going to happen.

Burnley were awful in both games.

Rovers outplayed you in the first half, and BOTH teams were crap in the second.....

SO WHAT ARE YOU SO HAPPY ABOUT??

The mind boggles.

Graham Liver is having a great time on his show. Chuckling away about not showing Micca Hydes' goal at half time. biggrin.gif

what time is his show?

I am making it my one man mission to listen for a few weeks, note down every derogatory Burnley comment then make a BIG BIG complaint to the BBC about the misuse of licence money where a presenter is continually insulting the very licence payers he is supposed to represent.

How incredibly petty it was to do that don't you think?

Still, we expect no less.

Graham Liver is having a great time on his show. Chuckling away about not showing Micca Hydes' goal at half time. biggrin.gif

what time is his show?

I am making it my one man mission to listen for a few weeks, note down every derogatory Burnley comment then make a BIG BIG complaint to the BBC about the misuse of licence money where a presenter is continually insulting the very licence payers he is supposed to represent.

How incredibly petty it was to do that don't you think?

Still, we expect no less.

Talking of petty?

I thought Rovers poor performance last night stemmmed around Emmerton making poor decisions and Gallagher and Bothroyd looking like and not for the first time, a set of clarets in disguise.

I found it amazing Mark Hughes selected these two Gally and Betty for last night after their consistantly poor form so far this season.

When MGP went up front to replace these two donkeys and Reid came on then we looked slightly more positive but we should'nt have to pay money to watch talentless individuals like Gally and Bothroyd.

Bothroyd sustained a 'serious thigh injury' within minutes of coming on. He clearly couldn't run after that but it didn't stop him getting grief from some quarters. Sad really.

I can't believe that Souness bought our new hero a week before he left. Among is c@@p buys he as unearthed a gem, a superstar

Souness may have bought MGP but he didn't know how to use him... Sparky has really brought the best out of him & THAT is the sign of a good manager

That's the biggest load of crap I've read on this board. Souness gave him a shot, it didn't work out at the time. Who's to say things wouldn't have ended up working out the same?

American you may have mistaken my remarks as another pop at Souness. That was not my intentions. Comments made moments after the euphoria of pedersen's winning goal against the dingles. I did not mean to insinuate that all Souey buys were crap because plainly that was not true although remember Grabbi I will never forgive him for that). In fact I firmly believe that behind king kenny he was our next best manager. When he was appointed it was just what we needed he cleared the deadwood and made us a much stronger club ending with promotion in first full season and worthy cup. For that we are grateful and cannot really knock the guy he did is job what he was tasked to do get us to the prem.

I understand trooper comments re: hughes because by all accounts the backroom staff have worked hard in getting him settled in the area and getting him toughened the lad up for the rigours of the premeirship. They obviously believed the lad had ability. If memory serves me correctly pedersen only played the man u game for rovers under the souness and that was 24hrs after arriving in the country.

Without Pedersens goals since xmas we would be in the mire he is becoming the Jon Stead of last season lets hope he doesn't follow the same path !!!

thought it was hilarious.

tiny things please tiny minds I guess.

If you'd rather see a goal go in off the opposition defenders arse than a sublime volley over the keeper, fair play to you

Don't rightly care how we score, so long as we win.

From the first page of www.brfcs.com

That american dude Pederson he's something...

It wasnt pretty, it wasnt clever. All that matters on this occation is the result

Rovers 2 Burnley 1

Goals by Tugay and Pederson.

We've had quite a few of these blokes. Andreson, Johansson, Frandson and now Pederson... tongue.gif

Edited by krislu

Why must we criticise Rovers performance every time we win!!!!

Its ridiculous. We must be the only fans who do that. We'll probably win the cup and beat Man Yoo in the final 2-1 and the team will still get slagged off and the usual posts of "Good result but shame about the performance" will come up again.

Who gives a flying f***, we bloody won!!!!

totally agree!

It also happens during games.

There were periods during the second half were rovers supporters booed our own team.

S Cockroll picked up on this and so did the B*rnley players.

Den , you made the point yourself, we have not really got the attacking options to hurt you , we are a well organised outfit that sits deep and takes some breaking down , cotterill has done a great job for us , he new our weakness when he came was our defence so he has worked on that , they say you should build from the back and that is what he has done.

Now I hope next season he will build a stronger attacking option but we shall see , the pride comes from the performance over both games in the fact that you as a prem side should have turned us especially over 2 games but despite the fact you won , we were never out played in either game and with a bit of luck we could have gone through, so imo the gulf between our 2 clubs is not as wide as 5 years ago and in that we must take some pride!

There has been some good honest posting on here if you sift through all the " clarrot and poo ", "turd moor" "bumley" childish rubbish, the bragging rights remain with you but if you like to admit it or not, we are getting nearer and our day will come!

I feel since 5 years ago there has grown a mutial respect in many quarters between supporters of both clubs, but realise that the childish insults I often read on here are becuase we are a club heading in the right direction and that appears to bring out a childish fear in some people!

Heading in the right direction? Good glad you think so.

Let's see, you are 3/4 of a season on from missing relegation by 2 points. Your two best players you owned have been sold off. The best players you have now are on loan and unlikely to become permanent. You no longer own your own stadium. Just about all opponents fans you come up against describe you as "boring, "tedious" etc. Your attendance continues to fall.

Credit to Cotterill he has made you hard to beat on a limited budget, that I am sure has not gone unnoticed. Given the loyalty he has shown i the past the first smell of a check book and he will be gone. Sorry I just can't share the optimism for your club. But that's just me.