SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that Souness bought our new hero a week before he left. Among is c@@p buys he as unearthed a gem, a superstar

Souness may have bought MGP but he didn't know how to use him... Sparky has really brought the best out of him & THAT is the sign of a good manager

watched the game on tv and truth be told, we were clearly the better side, having more of the play and bossing the midfield. however, again, we were shown up in the attacking third. there is really no creativity there. dickov is as usual, all hard work, but not really much creativity. gally showed some nice touches, but drifted offside rather often, and also drifted in and out of the game. bothroyd came on, almost robbed the defender with his first touch, had a shot from the edge of the box, hit two stray passes, and was substituted. not sure if he picked up an injury. but in any case, MGP was our saviour again. right now, he's our only attacker who looks anything creative, and clearly he's come a long long way from the out of depth player we saw in august.

just a question, why were there 2 man of the match awards announced? clearly heard MGP winning one and Nelsen the other. personally, my choice would be Nelsen, who was IMMENSE at the back. never put a foot wrong, read the game extremely well, snuffed burnley's strikers out, and almost scored with two headers. first was a great save from the burnley keeper, and the second bounced over the goal after the header was driven into the ground. unlucky.

overall, defence and midfield had a good game, but we clearly need to sort out our attack with some flair and muscle. bring on leicester.

It's infurating that our wingers can't just play well in their own positions. I could see that, unless we wanted to carry Emerton for the whole game, we had to switch him over. I'm glad Hugues made the switch, but it is almost a forced tactic. Both Emerton and MGP should do more in their own positions.

In the end, fantastic strike by MGP, and even with Rovers below par, Burnley can never match Rovers for sheer class.

Glad to be wrong, just got home from work missed the end of the commentary. Glad we won it I had a bad feeling about this one. Late goal I understand, good. On the bright side for the clarrots they did score, I suppose they will be erecting a Micah Hyde Statue outside the Morgue now in honour of their only goal in a quarter of a decade.

Well done lads, dingles out put 'em down again without playing our best. biggrin.gif

What a great result, on what seemed a pretty miserable night. We can now look forward to a home tie against Leicester and the real possibility of getting into an FA Cup semi final. I've only seen the first two goals, Tugay's was a good strike, which took a deflection and Burnley's goal to be fair was a screamer. Pedersen really is starting to perform for Rovers and looks like the solution to our left sided problem. I was about dubious when he first arrived, as he obviously wasn't up to it. But fair play to both Pedersen and Hughes. They have obviously worked hard to get Pedersen to where he is now and the work is paying off.

Shove it up you Burnley! laugh.gif Time to get back to your caves.

I can't believe that Souness bought our new hero a week before he left. Among is c@@p buys he as unearthed a gem, a superstar

Souness may have bought MGP but he didn't know how to use him... Sparky has really brought the best out of him & THAT is the sign of a good manager

That's the biggest load of crap I've read on this board. Souness gave him a shot, it didn't work out at the time. Who's to say things wouldn't have ended up working out the same?

That's the biggest load of crap I've read on this board. Souness gave him a shot, it didn't work out at the time. Who's to say things wouldn't have ended up working out the same?

It simply isn't a case of "having a shot and seeing whether you play well or not".

Hughes and company have coached him into a better player.

I am confident myself that Souness would not have brought out the MGP we see now.

More than one player has said that Hughes' training regime is more scientific than his predecessor's regime.

Just back from the game - crap generally but atmosphere superb. Blackburn End and end sections of Riverside and Jack Walker Lower (nearest the Dingles) stood up all game. Makes the singing so much better when you stand.

Well done Rovers and once again MGP - soon to achieve cult status at Ewood.

Wait till we here from Longsider 1882 and the Original Longsider (named incorrectly because I must have set foot in the Longside before him) who'll no doubt go on about their fantastic support but not mention the match, as usual.

17500 Burnley fans on the Turf

21500 Rovers fans on Ewood

How can that be as they're the best supported club by far? And with a much bigger catchment area? Must be some mistake.

BLACKBURN ROVERS FC - PRIDE OF EAST LANCASHIRE AND UNBEATEN AGAINST BURNLEY SINCE 14 APRIL 1979 laugh.gif

What a hero Pedersen is, he's turning into a real fan favourite and so he should do after celebrating in front on the Dingles after scoring his screamer, regardless of the danger that any one of the fans could have ran onto the pitch!! laugh.gif

Morten and Toogs have made themself very popular tonight! thats for sure!

I'm pretty sure if we watch Tugay's goal in slow motion, it's his best friend that deflects it in not a burnley player! cool.gif