SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... if you really think it'll be another 17 years then your having a laugh......

Sod the 17 years figure - it's another one you should be looking at.

25 YEARS AND ELEVEN MONTHS SINCE YOU LAST BEAT BLACKBURN ROVERS.

Why is that, I wonder? I have never met a Dingle who can tell me?

pedersen is now a blackburn legend. by far our best player.

Sorry Ben but I feel your miles off, no one on that pitch tonight came close to the superb performance of our captain Ryan Nelsen

Nelson and the young kid from Villa - Cahill - were both superb.

I was impressed by Cahill. And laughed at something I lip read from him. When Dickov backed into him one time, he told the ref "he does it all the time"... which is true biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif of course, this is not a criticism of Dickov smile.gif

Edited by Shaddy

Did any one see any trouble last night? Is Burnley or Accrington still standing?

Apparently there were 40 arrests.

I saw some minor trouble before the game and also heard that there was some trouble in town before the game

Considering we played the first half against twelve men - I am sure that the ref was wearing Carrot - with some very strange decisions. And the linesman running the Riverside line - he was shocking.

But - we won, so when that final whistle went - nothing else really mattered.

To all those Burnley fans - you are a well organised team, who can defend very well - but just look at the number of chances you had in 180 minutes of football. We played well below our potential in both matches - you played well above - but we still had more than enough to restrict you to about two chances, while last night creating enough chances to have won far more easily than we did (even only playing at 1/2 capacity)

The funny thing is that Burnley are a lower league version of the way Hughes has us currently set up - which is probably why both matches were so poor. The big difference is that Hughes will spend the summer bringing back some of the creativity that Souness stripped from the team. While you buy a second rate striker who has had more clubs than hot dinners.

wink.gif

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

The funny thing is that Burnley are a lower league version of the way Hughes has us currently set up - which is probably why both matches were so poor. The big difference is that Hughes will spend the summer bringing back some of the creativity that Souness stripped from the team.

............... If we survive in the Prem that is. unsure.gif

After recent displays by all of our second striikers it makes sense to set up the team like Burnley do with just one striker. We have plenty of spare quality in midfield with Reid, Thompson, Flitty and even Mokoena in a holding role who are all worth a shirt in front of Gallagher imo.

Ditto with stead although he seems to have vanished from the face of the earth recently. If as seems likely we are going to offload Stead in the summer to a lower div team is it safe to assume that continuing to play him will trigger some sort of extra payment to Huddersfield or has he simply been caught with his pants down with Hughes daughter / wife / mother? Something must have gone on, and possibly after his omission from the squad last night similarly with Thompson. huh.gif

Edited by thenodrog

The guy from the Burnley Express had it right after the first game...

"Last time it really was like a 'Ferrari versus a mini'. This time round it was like two Ford Mondeos"

Micah Hyde is a Rolls Royce though. Be grateful you've seen a goal of that quality down at Ewood.

The guy from the Burnley Express had it right after the first game...

"Last time it really was like a 'Ferrari versus a mini'. This time round it was like two Ford Mondeos"

Sad but true Sam. sad.gif

However imo your Modeo is very underpowered with just one low forward gear and six reverse ones! tongue.gif

When you get ridiculous and totally OTT comments like these from visiting supporters you know we really must have made one hell of an impression with the noise and atmosphere...

Claret 'n' boo glasses?.......

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php...&mid=2141266025

Whatever they have to say about last night, the only thing I have to say to them is - get a new message board.

Ours = easy on the eye

Theirs = What, wait a minute, where am I up to again. Oh yeah, there I am, No No I have just read that bit - oh sod it

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Are we getting some new software soon?

Fare comments from Coterril Just a shame Rovers had several players under par or having stinkers in the two games this time round unlike both games in 2000/1 when everybody was on fire.

On the Radio feed I had, the Rovers crowd outsung the Burnley mob for most of the game- I don't know where the mikes were positioned although the reaction for all three goals sounded equally close.

A serious question for Longsider, or any Burnley fan: Once you've got over the fact that you didn't get hammered again [and I think that's where the pride bit comes in], why, oh why, didn't you have a real go at us? We are a poor side at the moment and this was the best chance you have had for what - 40 years? and all you do is approach both games with such a negative formation.

At the Turf and down at Ewood, you didn't create one decent scoring chance. [apart from the speculative shot that you scored from].

I can understand that approach in the league, where you are fighting for your survival, but in the F.A.cup?

Was it because you feared a hiding, or your menager is just a negative manager, or because you aren't good enough to pose a threat to anyone.

Like I said, it's a serious question. You should have had a go! and you didn't.