SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 0 - 0 Rovers

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rovers to win another 1 - 0 game.

I don't know exactly which Liverpool player is going to get it this time, or which Rover player is going to initiate the hurt, but it seems to be a little bit of a tradition recently.

• Backroom
I don't know exactly which Liverpool player is going to get it this time, or which Rover player is going to initiate the hurt, but it seems to be a little bit of a tradition recently.

But only at Ewood wink.gif

Rodney Marsh has just said on talksport radio that it's a banker home win for liverpool tonight. Entitled to his opinion he may be, but I really don't know why he dislikes us so much and always predicts defeat for us....Surely a team who hasn't won at home since the 1st week in Feb cannot be down as a banker home win. Also, we've conceded 1 goal in the last 5 and are gathering a bit of momentum.

He said a few months back that we would struggle to get 25 points. OK we were pretty dire at the time, but when asked the same question in January (after we won 2 on the spin) he still said we would go down.

Great player in his time, but lets hope my favourite radio station and journey into work isn't ruined by this arrogant twit for much longer!

I'm not bitter

Liverpool 1 - 2 Rovers

I just never fancy Liverpool to win a game, I think we can get something from this. The team almost picks itself, the only thing I'd like to see is Thommo in centre mid and Emerton back out on the right...with Mokoena infront of the back four we can afford to have Reid and Thommo in the middle (both will work hard anyway).

Friedel

Neill Todd Nelsen Johansson

Emerton Thompson Mokoena Reid Pedersen

Stead

Interesting quote from Hughes the other day about Dickov "playing at 75%" due to his injury...I'm sorry Sparky, but a 75% fit Dickov isn't better than Stead...I think we've seen this in recent weeks where he's been nothing like his usual self. Give him a rest, let Stead have a chance to build some momentum then bring Dickov back for the run-in and the FA Cup semi.

Edited by LeChuck

If Stead has to play up front on his own then he will:-

1. Not score

2. Get slated by everyone for not scoring

3. Get dropped by Hughes

It wouldnt be his fault though. I think if Dickov isnt fit then Gally and Stead should start together. If we dont play two up then we wont score and we will have to hope that Liverpool wont either

If dickov plays , I feel the best we can hopw for is a draw ( 0-0 ) , if Stead or another striker plays who is 100% fit then I can see us scraping a 1-0 win

Liverpool 0-1 Rovers

Nelson 59m

Team

Brad

Neill Todd Nelson Nej

Thommo Reid Mokoena Emerton

Mgp

Stead

why not try Mortan behind the front 1 and give a free role and Bring Brett in on the left as he has ( in my humble opinion been better there ), there is also then plenty of energy to combat the likes of Gerrard, Garcia Hamamn etc

A relative of mine yesterday bought his tickets for tonights game and was told that Rovers have only sold around 300 tickets sad.gif

It seems that games which are on sky affect our crowds more than any other team in the prem. As soon as i heard it was on sky i groaned to myself as that would mean a poor rovers away turnout. I would still expect more than 300 lol tho.

On to the game, this is how would go,

Guess who?

Neill Nelson Todd N-E-J

The 'axe'

Emerton Reid Thommo Mgp

Stead

A 4-5-1 formation which looks strong but also looks creative too. A 1-1 draw for me with a set peice goal from a centre back! tinykit.gif

Charlie Nicholas forecasts a draw Although I think we will struggle tonight, Nicholas is a breath of fresh air after that fool Marsh.

Not what I've heard/ and read previouslyPhilipl

Slagged us when we played Celtic and also when we played Arsenal earlier this season - this is the first thing I've seen/ heard from him that has given us any credit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.