BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 0 - 0 Rovers

The Guardian is reporting that Dickov is definitely out of Wednesday's game at Liverpool because of the groin problem.

On Rovers World, Dickov said he has a muscle tear which needs about six weeks' rest to heal and that he does not need surgery.

I don't know about that. I have been saying for weeks "no Dickov for us this week because he is out injured" then, the teams come out and there he is. If I ever got sent off to a war I would want Dickov standing right next to me. He could get his leg blown off and shout "Strap me another one on I'm going in" The guy is like a Terminator.

With Dickov in the team I think we could get a draw but if he is out I fear we wont be able to hit the back of the net (even though I do believe that we will have our own fair share of the play) Oh yeah, and we would do allot better if we didn't keep hoofing the ball down the field.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever got sent off to a war I would want Dickov standing right next to me. He could get his leg blown off and shout "Strap me another one on I'm going in" The guy is like a Terminator.

i couldn't have said it better myself.

Whilst Dickov will never give up despite being injured, his performance yesterday was well below par. Until we got the penalty I dont think he really threatened the Leicester defence at all. (But he scored the pen, so who CARES:D)

However its a difficult one. We will probably play 4-1-4-1 again and we haven't really got a striker who is really comfortable at playing up front on his own. But imo Dickov is marginally better at this than Stead is.

Whoever plays, Dickov or Stead, I think the rest of the team will be the same although I'd rather have Emerton play than Thompson.

I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

I don't know about that. I have been saying for weeks "no Dickov for us this week because he is out injured" then, the teams come out and there he is. If I ever got sent off to a war I would want Dickov standing right next to me. He could get his leg blown off and shout "Strap me another one on I'm going in" The guy is like a Terminator.

More like the Black Knight from Teh Holy Grail

"Its nowt but a scratch"

This is a bonus game for me, so anything gained is obviously a bonus.

The thing is the way we are grinding results out I think most people will be dissapointed if we don't get a least a point. Which goes to show what a fabulous job the management staff are doing.

Cant be bothered reading all previous posts!

I think it is obvious Dickov is playing through an injury, he keeps checking every so often when he runs and you can see their is a problem with him.

I would consider leaving him out if it does him any good however it appears that it wont be sorted until he gets a proper rest which can only come at the end of the season.

Pity our striking options are so poor- poor Jansen has left the whole scene altogether!

If you had read through the posts you would have seen that Dickov is already reported as being out of Wednesday's game. Jansen is out injured for the remainder of the season as is Bothroyd.

So perm one from Stead, Gallagher and Johnson.

Sorry Phil -dont have as much time to read the board these days!

Did not realise that Jansen is out for the season.

Cant believe we are on the box again then on Saturday- feels like we are getting so much coverage at the moment, weird feeling.

Interesting to see how the squads freshness bears up with our game on Sunday, now Wednesday then Saturday midday.

• Backroom

According to Sky Sports Dickov is likely to feature against liverpool.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...nel=Premiership

"I've been struggling for the last two months with my groin and I've not been doing a lot of training, which isn't ideal, but if I can still score the winner in a quarter final of the FA Cup then it's worthwhile.

"It's going to be a case of limping through the rest of the campaign, but I'm pretty sure I should be okay.

"I know myself I can manage it through games and as long as I feel I'm doing myself justice, and the manager feels I'm doing the team justice, then I will keep going."

That's from Sky Sports today. Wouldn't be surprised to see him fighting his heart out for Rovers once more, come Wednesday.

Is a 65% - 70% Dickov better than a 100% Jon Stead?

Edited by DE4life

Far canal! I cannot believe the optimism on here. We created about 3 chances against Leicester at home, scoring only from a penalty, and so far pretty much everyone is thinking we will get something at Anfield. I can't really see where the goal is going to come from. At best a 0-0 draw unless Tugay has a good game. However I don't even think he will play. We are still seriously lacking in the attacking department.

The Guardian is reporting that Dickov is definitely out of Wednesday's game at Liverpool because of the groin problem.

On Rovers World, Dickov said he has a muscle tear which needs about six weeks' rest to heal and that he does not need surgery.

Rovers are currently reporting Savage is likely to miss out and Dickov is subject to a late check.

Far canal! I cannot believe the optimism on here. We created about 3 chances against Leicester at home, scoring only from a penalty, and so far pretty much everyone is thinking we will get something at Anfield. I can't really see where the goal is going to come from. At best a 0-0 draw unless Tugay has a good game. However I don't even think he will play. We are still seriously lacking in the attacking department.

Did you watch us play Everton? That would be a better game to compare with a Liverpool side that will attack rather than a Leicester team that tried to "drag us down to their level" to quote Levein.

We will get chances, we just need to put them away.

If we play like we did against Everton then we've every chance of getting a point. Granted we played poorly against Leicester but it was an entirely different type of game. Will be very interested to see how Todd & Nelson cope with Morientes.

My team would be:

Brad

Neill Todd Nelsen Nissa

Mokeana

Emerton, Reid, Tommo/Flitty, MGP

Stead

subs Dickov (if fit) Enks, Short, Flitty/Tommo. Tugay

This 4th midfield slot is a bit tricky, Flitty's more defensive, but Tommo could cause Liverpool some problems if he doesn't go missing. Dickov may have scored the penalty but wasted two good chances and Stead deserves his chance. The only thing with this formation is that if we go a goal down it would be very hard to get back into the match.

Im going for 1-1 Rovers taking the lead through a Todd corner before a late Liverpool equaliser - it has to be from Riise.

I'm guessing that Liverpool are going to stick to the formation that sundered Bayer Leverkusen - that means 4-5-1 with Gerrard with a free role behind the main striker. In that case, Hughes has to match up with our own version of 'pack the midfield' and see if we can't grind out another dull win but brilliant three points.

• Backroom
I'm guessing that Liverpool are going to stick to the formation that sundered Bayer Leverkusen - that means 4-5-1 with Gerrard with a free role behind the main striker. In that case, Hughes has to match up with our own version of 'pack the midfield' and see if we can't grind out another dull win but brilliant three points.

You'll actually be able to watch this one wont you being as though it's on Sky Sports.

If as a rovers fan you thought the win against everton was dull, you have problems.

Play 4-5-1 and we've got a chance of a point because lets face it Liverpool are a 1 man team, you stop Gerrard you stop Liverpool.

I'd say a draw is the best result we can hope for, but Liverpool are a poor side which says allot about our current crop sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.