BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ManU 0-0 super rovers

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result! A bit lucky first half, definitely. But we had a lot of the ball from about 10-20 mins of the first half and were much better second half defensively.

What I thought of the players:

Friedel - Excellent, close to 2002 edition superbrad

Neill - solid game, no complaints.

Matteo - also did well (for him), still cant pass apart from an exquisite lob pass to a player in offside! A bit heavy but better than usual.

Nelsen - The Admiral.

Todd - Solid game again. Kept his cool at all times, and cleared up after himself when he almost gave the ball away a couple of times. Had one of Rovers' best chances in the game.

Mokoena - Excellent. Best I've seen him for Rovers so far, perfect for this role. Did he get injured? Nasty challenge by Keane nearly snapped his ankle.

Thompson - terrrible first half, better second half, a slight glimpse of what he can do but largely disappointing. He did run quite a bit actually.

Flitcroft - Quite invisible, but didn't put a foot wrong as far as I could see. Quiet but effective.

Reid - Excellent. Our biggest threat going forward and solid distribution/tackling. Energizer bunny. Won a shedload of free kicks for us too.

Pedersen - Quiet game but as usual where it happened. Good clearance off the line and a couple of half chances. Not good enough though.

Stead - Clearly has more confidence, but not enough. Couldnt hold on to the ball, and too weak. His shots were tame. No doubting he is our best striker after Dickov though.....

Gallagher - lightweight, invisible. Nothing positive to say really...

Emerton - No better than Thommo, apart from one good cross that Stead should have at least hit the target from.

I seem to be in a minority who think he is a better option than dikov if were playing lone striker.

Nah, you're not...it's just Stead doesn't run round like a headless chicken so he can't be first choice.

To be fair, both of them should start against anyone other than top 4 sides...but if you start 4-1-4-1 against Leicester...what hope is there?

Edit: Oooooops, forgot. Excellent result for us...but it was luck (complimented by hard work). Same against Arsenal...which is the game that matters...and we're out...you can't run your luck against the big teams that often. We need more going forward.

For now though, enjoy taking the p**s out of the mancs, I know I have...they thought this was their game. Suckers!

Edited by LeChuck

rover.gif our yearly trip to gold trafford gained us something we usually never get a very fortunate point,van nistelhorse was doing a impression off ashley ward,yes he was that bad.

the right hand post at the scoreboard end,savrd us twice.mgp did the best goal line clearence i have seen for years,and brad showed why he is held in great esteem by utd fans,his two preformance's against the reds this season have been outstanding.

just got ssn on and we were time wasting according to fergie,well we may have been but i wonder were sparky learnt them tactic's from tinykit.gif

Fergie moans-ah sorry mate, I forgot that you only had 5 minutes of stoppage time at ewood because of your constant whinging! What a tit. Anyway, good result-we rode our luck for a while, but if your to get anything at OT then you need luck. Couple of points, Stead seems much more effective than Dickov in the lone striker role, he can hold it up, and does look a threat when he gets a chance. Also, I'm afraid Thommo just isn't good enough anymore. Emo's not the best-but he's way more effective than Thommo. I know it's a squad game but if the reported January interest from Everton was true, then snap there hands of for even 2 million. Finally, it's great to see Steven Reid living up to his potential. I was also thinking, why doesn't he get called up for Ireland anymore? If garry Doherty is worthy of a regular place then why the hell isn't stevie in the squad?! Good point, and lets make it three points next saturday.

Ps. Nelsen-what a leg!!!

I got 6-1 on Betfair for the draw, pretty happy with that so I chucked a few quid on it. In hindsight I should have gone for a 0-0 as the odds would have been pretty impressive. Just need Everton to win now to make it a good weekend all round.

Only got to see the first half much to my chagrin but thought we performed superbly well. OK we were helped by the wood work but United were restricted to predominantly long range efforts and aeriel threats.

Have to say Mokoena was absolutely outstanding in his "breaking play up in front of the back four" role. Roy Keane obviously thought so as well judging by his disgraceful attempt to put the South African out of the game.

So we've now been to Anfield and Old Trafford and rarely looked in danger of being beaten. A useful indicator of how special next season could be with the injection of a little more creativity and firepower?.

Memo to John Williams and the Board: After Souness's fortuitous departure we seem to have acquired something rather special in Mark Hughes and his backroom staff. After a period of the club being net sellers in the transfer market they now need backing to the hilt.

Not sure what's wrong, but I saw two praises of us on F365 today. In Andy Gray's column, he talks about how 4-5-1 is working for us by tightening up the back, then mentions how we might be painful to watch (for the neutral, he is right), but it is effective. At the end of the column he talks about banning 5 in the midfield, but says he would give us a pass this season because of our lack of firepower.

Then, in the letters section, a United fan (an actual one from Manchester, I believe), gives us credit, saying we came to play for the point, and were effective.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.