BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ManU 0-0 super rovers

Well Fergy has just been moaning about time keeping and rovers time wasting

What a RFW! What does he expect? After scoring in the incredible 4 mins of Fergytime at Ewood he has absolutely no right to moan about bad timekeeping has he?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some idiot on 606 now saying that Rovers and other teams that come out to defend should be penilised for aiming for 0-0 draws. tongue.gif

how about somebody telling the a**hole that if we aimed for a 5-0 victory thats how bad we would have gotten beaten.

some idiot on 606 now saying that Rovers and other teams that come out to defend should be penilised for aiming for 0-0 draws. tongue.gif

What an utter prick.

The day football authorities blatantly dictate to teams how they should play would be a very sad day for football.

Edited by James No. 7

i think its all about the media. they want the big teams to win big so they get more money. this also gets money for say ferguson who then wont complain about them. also the ignorant football fan is always in for the big victory. gone are the days when anyone can win the premiership. this can be blamed for the media.

Brilliant result, it shows how far we've come under Hughes. We had a bit of luck in the first half but with the effort we put in we deserved a draw.

United fans will next be suggesting tht teams should be penalised for trying to score versus manure. If they were so great they would have broken us down. Muppets.

The bbc said it wasn't pretty from Rovers, which was true, but then I suppose they couldn't give the underdog credit could they. Brad spoke on the radio after and seemed quite pleased though not suprised that they got hte draw. It sounded as though the team has a real confidence about it again.

Got home 45 mins ago. Passing all the cockneys getting out of their 4x4s, talking about the motorway jams, on the way up to O.T. The P.A. guy asking for mister somebody from DARTMOUTH to go to the ticket office. Bloody DARTMOUTH! Plenty of families having their photo's taken outside the ground - why? because they haven't been before. I hate the whole thing about Man United.

Anyway, we could have been 5 down at half time - but we weren't. Thomo nearly gave 'em a goal inside the first minute. He had an awful game. He doesn't seem to be able to run nowadays. Second half, we had it sorted. It reminded me of the recent performance at Anfield - I never felt as though they would score. Now it's a long time since I've felt like that anywhere, never mind Liverpool and Manchester.

Stead ran his heart out, but the ball didn't stick much. Thomo was poor throughout. Pedersen likewise - poor. He doesn't have the urgency or pace to succeed at this level. Reid was excellent again - good touch, strong, quick, can tackle and a great engine. Todd and especially Nelsen were superb. Mokoena gives them both great cover, along with a bit of composure.

All in all, a good day and a good result. Brilliant to hear those mancs moaning about Roy Keanes' lack of pace and Van Nistelroy's poor performance.

This rovers side, as Hughes says, takes a bit of beating nowadays.

special praise to....

Brad, nelsen, todd, Mokoenna, matteo, reid!

What has happened to Thommo!!! he was depressing and looked so out of place it wasnt funny.

Overall great day, first half was a bit edgy but well earned point.

Den - my exact thoughts when walking back to the car after the game and theres about 1000 united fans waiting to get into the megastore, everyone taking pictures, about 3 million irish flags everywhere. Makes me sick.

Pedersen likewise - poor. He doesn't have the urgency or pace to succeed at this level.

Do you mean that? I mean, he may have had a poor game but don't you think that what he's shown so far indicates that he has the potential.

Since we've switched to 5 in midfield he has seemed to struggle to adapt to the new role. But I still think he will prove a class acquisition in the end.

I'm surprised and heartened by Mokoena's impact. There were doubts about his passing abilities when he started in midfield but he looks to be doing a fantastic defensive job.

just got in, unfortunately had to sit in the North stand surrounded by united fans.

Den- i had to sit next to a young kid and his dad, who quiet clearly had never been to old trafford before and had the strongest sountern accents i have heard in a while. The most annoying thing though, was behind me a women was on her mobile phone in the second half, and in a broad irish accent stated:

"yeh im at old trafford, its United and some other team". she had absoluetly no idea on who they were playing!

still, great defensive performance, The Axe was outstanding as were nelson & todd. MGP was a little quieter than normal.

were rode our luck at times but in the end got a thoroughly deserved point, much to obvious annoyance of Taggart. i just cant believe that he has the nerve to complain about the amount of added on time!

Pedersen likewise - poor. He doesn't have the urgency or pace to succeed at this level.

Do you mean that? I mean, he may have had a poor game but don't you think that what he's shown so far indicates that he has the potential.

Well I dont really want to get into the Pedersen thing after a good day out, but yes I mean it. He really is slow and his contributions in open play have been minimal. Today, he couldn't beat his man and gave the ball away frustratingly.

As for potential - what's that. It's something 16 year olds have isn't it? In the main, you're either good enough, or your not. There are a few exceptions to that, but not many.

just got home from the game. great team effort again... The Admiral, The Axe, Reid, and Brad were outstanding as was the Rovers away support.{didn't see any empty seats in our end}

Ronaldo falls over when anyone is within 3 feet of him. Maybe we should start a cheat thread to name and shame these cheats.

65,000 home fans and absolute silence for virtually the whole game.

Great point, Great day......

To put it simply:

Thompson just isnt good enough and is never going to fit in this team, he's been useless for too long and i dont see a way back.

MGP is far too light and soft, he generally doesnt do very much at all during games, but because of his amazing finishing ability he grabs quite a lot of goals. Im really not sure about him.

i dont think anyone should have a moan about todays result.

Initially I thought that it would simply be a goal difference boarding up exercise akin to the Arsenal game.

I simply couldnt see manure scoring despite the chances and possession they had.

Granted the post saved us and Brad was back to his best but praise has to be bestowed on Mokoena, Flitty and Matteo, not to mention NELSEN - absolutely outstanding. Poor old Stead must be wondering where that black cat he hit actually went, plenty of endeavour for no result.

Rovers fully deserved their point, nice to see that red imp Thomas eating his words on the radio after the game.

Roll on Saturday tinykit.gif

I was at the game but had to sit with the home supporters. Id rather sit with them than not go at all, but wish we could have been in the blackburn end. Man U fans are shocking, they justget angry and dont sing at all. There were about 2 chants and that was it. Stead holds the ball up well and brings other players into the game. I seem to be in a minority who think he is a better option than dikov if were playing lone striker. Nelsen is awsome, soo cool on the ball. Reid is a different player in centre midfield, quick and puts in alot of challenges. If we can get one creative midflelder and a forward to play off stead, id go for earnshaw over bellamy, scores more and would be far cheaper in both fee and wages. We rode our luck in the first half, but were comfortable in the second. Stead should have done better on a couple of occasions. Overall a point was fair result.

Stead holds the ball up well and brings other players into the game. I seem to be in a minority who think he is a better option than dikov if were playing lone striker.

I agree 100%. I thought his ability to hold up the ball, turn, either find a team mate or get a foul gave the defence plenty of breathing spaces which they don't get when Dickov is giving away 15 fouls/offsides.

I think Reid is getting better and better, and was unlucky not to score in the first half.

Super-solid performance apart from 10 mins to half time. Well done Hughes and the coaching staff.

Yeah i thought Stead did well! Works hard and did some good stuff, was a bit unfortunate late in the game, i love dickov but id definately play stead next game, although sayin that i wouldnt be too pleased playing 1 up front against southampton, but my head tells me its the best thing to do.

Old Trafford is quieter than the Library, star performers in defence today but going forward was men Vs boys.Good to see Mark Hughes get a good reception from the Mancs.

Very worried to see the Italian Stallion on the bench but today has reiterated the glaring fact that we need 2 decent strikers, Steady was out of his depth and MGP was likwise drowning. Tommo was absolutely diabolical - it was nearly one nil after 60 seconds thanks to Tommo messing about deep on our half.

Still, what odds would you have got for 5points from our last 4 games?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.