BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ManU 0-0 super rovers

As if it wasn't going to be hard enough on Saturday we have the wonderful Mike Riley as referee. Oh Joy!

Can't believe that.

I've spent all week hoping that we get a decent referee for a change and then we end up with Riley the red.

Where can I get odds on there being a pen?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if it wasn't going to be hard enough on Saturday we have the wonderful Mike Riley as referee. Oh Joy!

i was hoping for howard webb or uriah rennie actually.

oh well. at least u can be sure of one thing. ANOTHER pen for the scum!

I aint going on saturday, and its the 1st time i havent been to Old Trafford in a few years when we have been playing them, so i can see a rovers win. Just my luck to miss out on the celebrations!!

same ere. First time ive missed OT in ages but i cant afford it with cardiff round the corner and having just got over the fa cup games and everton etc

I am also exoecting to miss us win there, has to happen.

im going on saturday with the company, unfortunately have to sit in the Salford suite in the north stand.

If rovers score and you see 2 people being removed from the north stand- thats me smile.gif

would be happy with a draw- but god it would be nice to finally win at that horrible place.

1-1. (dickov)

just been reading a few manure sources of media information and as well as the ref being red riley we also have this little lot to contend with

clownaldo - box of cheating diving tricks

the horse diver - not scored in 5 games since returning from injury (pl)

roonster - no goals in 2 internationals ?

our nemesis that is scholes - always finds the net against us

giggs - bad misses for wales midweek

keane - not booked during the week and will undoubtedly want to unleash his frustration on a blue and white shirt

saha and smith - infuriating niggles and in and out of the team, just what Rovers need at the moment !

so as you can see it all points to a manure win !!

dry.gif

Cracking piece of analysis from Asian Betting Handicap:

Man Utd giving up a +1.5 start to Blackburn looks a bit too much for me, and therefore this is a decent bet @ 2.00 from Sporting Bet.

Blackburn are presently the 5th best performing side 'away' over the last 5 matches. They are showing better form on the road than they are at Ewood Park, and the showing from the players in their last 3 games against 3 of the Top 5 , is a clear indication of the improvement that Mark Hughes is still bringing to the club.

Beating Everton 1-0, then drawing with Liverpool 0-0 were good results , although not very pretty to watch, but then again "Sparky" has never claimed to be a proponent of 'total football'. He gets the job done in anyway possible.

The 1-0 loss to The Arse was a performance that Hughes will have taken a lot from.

As poor as they have been in scoring - worst in the league- their attitude on the pitch has often verged on GBH!.

"Intimidation" is an accusation that Norwich's Worthington levelled at the Rovers , and he's not that far off the mark. They are very aggressive and physical in their style, which is why i see them being tough opponents for Manyoo on Saturday.

Keane, Rooney , even Rio all have a fancy as hard men, so throw the little princess "Ronaldo" into the mix and there should be enough to keep the ref busy for 90mins...and more.

Physical sides are more likely to put Manyoo off their stride as there is less time for the one touch style of play.

It's all go from the whistle, space is closed down and harder to find than an englishman in the Arsenal team.

The last 2 meetings have gone 3pts to Blackburn and a draw: both at Ewood Park.

In fact the last 7 meetings overall have gone 3-1-3, with both winning on home ground , but Manyoo getting a draw last time out at Rovers.

Only once have Manyoo beaten them by more than 1 goal :

April 2003 :3-1 :Old Trafford.

No doubt Blackburn will have the usual 5 in midfield , leaving Fergie with thoughts of last week's display against Fulham, when they failed miserably to capitalise on their dominance. If they couldn't do it against the Cottagers, then they will struggle even more with Blackburn , a side who appear to revel in frustrating their opponents.

As I've said on many occasions, Dickov is an underrated player who gives so much grief to all defences, goading them, hassling them, really getting under their skin, and I think that Mark Hughes will be acutely aware of how much of a weapon this is when playing the 'Devils' on their own ground.

Get them rattled , EARLY!! ....that's the way. No time to settle.

Blackburn have scored on each of their last 3 visits to Old Trafford and should do so again, forcing Manyoo to find 3 for us to lose out on this bet...possible, but I don't see it.

Securing only odd goals wins over Fulham and Portsmouth in their last 2 home games isn't inspiring, and with RVN still not on his game, plus Ronaldo's often poor decision making in the final third adding to the permutations, I am very happy to take this handicap.

And for "balance" , the view from Manchester complete with Spelling mistakes. Go Ryan!

Edited by philipl

No-one has taken me up on the offer of the reduced price spare that I have so it is basically available free of charge if anyone wants it. PM me if interested or turn up in the pub that Scotty mentioned as I'll have it one me.

cheers

I've pm'd you M.B.

Interesting interview Paul and I have to agree on most points. I can't agree on your Rooney answer though - he's had a good season and he'll only get better.

Nice one Paul.

United on about buying the title again there I see.... "No I don't think there's anything wrong with investing money in players. The only difference being, I guess, is that United have generated all their cash through us, the fans, and commercial contracts. Whereas Blackburn (in the past) and now Chelsea have an outside benefactor. Take away the benefactor and the trophies and players disappear too. There's a sense in which the success wasn't earned."

Well that would be interesting wouldn't it? United would win it every year by virtue of the fact that they have a larger fan base in Outer Mongolia. It's almost as though they'd prefer their own little cartel at the top of the Premier League or something - something that will never happen ( sad.gif ). The sooner they clear off and form a League with one team in it the better as far as I'm concerned.

Better still why don't all the "big clubs" - call them the G14 or something -who have earnt all their money create a European Super League - it'll be really, really interesting.

Then all us mere mortals who support clubs like Blackburn Rovers can have something that resembles a competitive league.

Nah - that sounds too good to be true. Let's just leave things as they are, so long as we remember our place.

Got to say that with Van Nistlerooy bagging a goal in midweek and Ferdinand being passed fit alongside Rooney who is in top form the omens don't look good, except this is exactly the kind of challenge we have been looking for, against a side who will play football, can Mokeona, Todd and Nelsen follow Rooney & Scholes' runs from deep?? if they do we could nick it, if not then the planning could go out of the window and a hiding could be instore, we'll see!

Sod Burnley, the two fixtures against the red scum are the ones that get my juices going.

We're actually well overdue a win (or even a draw) at OT, no wins there in the thirteen (or eleven) years back in the top flight.

Although with United's twelveth man Mike Riley in charge it'll probably have to wait at least another season.

1-1.

just for the record does anyone know if rovers have shifted all the allocation that they have at united? i have a tickets already so im just curious

Apparently at 15:00 today there where only 8 tickets left, which my brother purchased 3 (change of work plan tomorrow), unfortunately all singles so we are scattered a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.