BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 City 0

Well, back to reality and the Premier League this week with two successive home games versus Palace and Man City, two games which we SHOULD be able to take 6 points from. This despite the fact that we as a club may be on a downer following the result in Cardiff. As a final note to Cardiff, the Rovers supporters conducted themselves with dignity in defeat and pride in the way that we got behind our team despite Arsenal fans outnumbering us.

So then, to the game against City.

As with Den, I have a set of friends that are CITY MAD so I know exactly what supporting City is all about. Its simply a rolleroaster of a ride for the one team in Manchester. Over the past few seasons they have experienced relegation several times, promotion several times, a series of managers, the hype over the Keegan affair and now have put all their trust in the new manager Pearce. A lot of supporters are annoyed a tthe way the club is run and especially after the Le Sulk sale which although yeilded an income of a transfer fee of £5m, it also at the same time led to the publication of a debt of around £68m. City are also dogged by a notorious group around 200 fans who find pleasure in taking the hooliganism factor to away grounds, those who were present when they beat us 4-1 at home a few years ago will remember them.

After all is said and done about City one thing is certainly very evident. They have the most resilient of supporters and play regularly in front of 44k fans at home, they have an enormous away following and sell out every away ticket allocation except Chelsea !

Earlier on this season both me and Den travelled with City supporters from Euxton, enjoying their company in the Talbot and then the short journey to the COMS. On arrival we were allowed into the City bar where the atmosphere can only be described as BOUNCING. Den was po-going to the Sex Pistols and in general it was a true football fans drinking den. Onto the game and we snatched a 1-1 draw with our first penalty of the season, we finished the game with a point when we really should have taken all 3.

so to the return match.

City come to Ewood on a half decent run of results, a couple of away draws and a home win have seen them inject some confidence into the way they play, and all of this without the very influential Shaun Wright Phillips. They will come to Ewood full of confidence and looking for an elusive away win under the guidance of Pearce. so what type of City team will turn up ? I asked a friend of mine, Bob, who is a long standing season ticket holder at City and a staunch blue nosed supporter who watches every City game through light blue tinted glasses who provided me with the following information.

Now then Bob, City come to Ewood with a couple of decent results under their belts, how do you see City approaching the game at Blackburn.

a. City are the Walter Mitty of football. It is impossible to see or say exactly what type of team City will turn out at Ewood, a ground that holds many memories for me. I would hope the return of SWP will boos tht esquad but City are the type of team to get him back then lose 4-0 having had to change their team to accomodate him.

What was your honest reaction to the news that City had sacked or agreed to let Kevin Keegan leave the club ?

a. To be honest I expected it to happen a lot sooner. Its quite clear that City players did not enjoy his way of playing and it was evident that certain players disagreed with his formations on the pitch. I think he was simply responsible for the destruction of what was a good team spirit.

How do you see the club going forward with Stuart Pearce at the helm, do you see your club backing him in the transfer market ?

a. I am unsure about this one. He has certainly got the bit between the teeth but then again he is wanting the job full time. He shows his passion on the sidelines its just a pity that some of the players cant ever seem to get motivated. As for backing him, he has got the club moving forward, the results show that, its on the transfer front I forsee problems. The club is massively in debt and I cant see where the money is going to come from. We only have one option and that is to raise funds by selling players. Its that that worries me.

In repsonding to your last comments, which player or players do you see as saleable assets ?

a. Clearly SWP is the main option, I am not so sure about him being valued at £18m, another player is Joey Barton but again he wont bring in big money.

How do you rate the Old guard in the form of Fowler, McMananaman and James ?

a. There is no doubt that Fowler is a man reborn. he will be a danger to Rovers. McManaman is an enigma who is always injured, I am unsure as to whether he will play, James is James ! Sometimes he is good even very good but on others he is simply BAD. It all depends on his attitude on the day.

Who is City's player of the season ?

a. Our own fatboy Richard Dunne. A player simply transformed.

What formation can we expect and who are the players to look out for ?

a. SWP if he plays is a threat, Joey Barton can be very good at getting forward and he aint afraid to out the challenge in. Down the left we have Musampo, a talented player who can score goals as well as miss a lot of decent chances ! A simple 4-4-2 with reynal backing up the forward line.

What is your vie of Mark Hughes and Blackburns season ?

a. He is or was a red so I wont comment. On Rovers season, they must be very disappointed but pleased with the way the the club has got out of the relegation mire. The cup run may have been a blessing in disguise.

Is there any Rovers players that your team should fear ?

a. I like the look of Pederson, Dickov always scores against us,I am very impressed with the defensive qualities of the team and I like many other City fans despise Savage !

Finally, a prediction for the scoreline.

a. I think the game may be a draw unless Rovers give out a backlash for the cup result. Another pointer is the midweek games, if you beat Palace then you can move above us. 1-1.

so then its Palace then City. 6 points could take us as high as 12th, now wouldnt that make up for the heartbreak of Yesterday ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the preview 1864. I know you've been really busy lately, it's appreciated.

Anyway - sex pistols? That's not my scene and you know it. Breakdancing is the one for me. I might be doing a bit in the Talbot on Saturday night at the post match party biggrin.gif

Good preview, yet shouldnt we wait untill we have played the palace game before thinking of the City game. Wish away the season why dont ya.

Although it might not appear so, there is a lot of work involved in putting these previews together. We try to give the maximum time for the pre match discussions.

Therefore, when there are two games played in a week, we quite regularly put them both up at the same time. You don't have to read them until you're ready. smile.gif

Thanks for the preview 1864. I know you've been really busy lately, it's appreciated.

Anyway - sex pistols? That's not my scene and you know it. Breakdancing is the one for me. I might be doing a bit in the Talbot on Saturday night at the post match party biggrin.gif

What about me eh? Where's my thanks? dry.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

I'd like to see how we play against Palace before I really can be sure of what I expect from this game, but still think we should be looking for a win.

Rovers 1-0 City

What about me eh? Where's my thanks? dry.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

Eddie - 45 minutes ago

The previews this season have been excellent. It's never certain how these things will work out, but the volunteer contributions have been great, to a man.

What will we do next season, I wonder? Same again or something different?

I agree with Eddie on that one, the previews have been excellent this season.

Anyway, to the game. I think we'll beat Citeh. 2-0. And give me a chance to upset the other half of people in my shop!

Its a bit strange at the moment. When a game is coming up I actually feel optimistic for a reason and not just blindly optimistic at the moment. Before when the ball was near our defence I worried, now I believe we're good enough to defend against most things. Of course scoring goals is still a problem, but that can be sorted next season now.

we'll more than likely start with the same formation, however I'd like to see Emerton in for Thommo (cos he's rubbish!) and Stead for Dickov, then maybe bring on another striker and go 4-4-2 if things are going ok in the second day.

Agree that the previews have been excellent this season, and always makes a good read. If we should do something new though, I think we should introduce some kind of prediction competiton, and put it into a league table that should be updated after every game.

*predict the right result => 3p

*predict the right goal scorers => 1p each correct player, but can't get more than 3p (not allowed to predict stupid scorlines like 10-0 with 10 different players scoring)

This league table should be pinned at the top of the MB, and could make an interesting read by the end of the season. rover.gif

The person who gets the most points during the season will get his or her name displayd at the top of the MB for one year, with the title "Prediction-Wizard season 05/06" or something..

As for the City game:

Rovers 1

Man City 0

Edited by krislu

The previews this season have been excellent. It's never certain how these things will work out, but the volunteer contributions have been great, to a man.

Keep it going, it should evolve over the months as someone brings in new ideas, new styles, & new ways of doing a match preview.

This has to be won if we are to have any hope of catching the group of clubs in the 44 to 48 points grouping.

Unfortunately, City have come into a good run of form and have a nasty habit of getting results at Ewood. I can see Citeh scoring first, our attack failing and them killing us off.

Rovers 0 City 2

This has to be won if we are to have any hope of catching the group of clubs in the 44 to 48 points grouping.

Unfortunately, City have come into a good run of form and have a nasty habit of getting results at Ewood. I can see Citeh scoring first, our attack failing and them killing us off.

Rovers 0 City 2

Really would like to disagree with that thread but now with SWP back think dom might struggle with the pace.

Would like to think we can keep it tight and maybe nick one, but manc always seem to be able to get the goals in at ewood.

Would love to beat them, bit of pressure on them in the table then maybe even poke our heads into the top half after if a few good results after that!

i think this will be a tie and i will be happy with a tie

A draw certainly wouldn't be the worst result in the world against a team clearly fighting to get Pearce a permanent job. I think they'll score, so it'll be down to whether or not we have the ability to find two from somewhere.

BTW, there's a lovely irony about your spelling of 'ignorance' in your sig biggrin.gif

judging from the current Primership form we have.........

i have no worries that we will Be winning ManC by 2 goals to 0

Friedel

matteo

Nelson

Todd

Neil

emerton

reid

Mokena

MGP

Tugay

Stead

lets continue our riot in the primership!!!!!!!! haha laugh.gif

Stead and Emo to score

Just hope the goal drought for stead will be over soon rover.gif

I think our bad boy image is actually going in our favour. It seems to make the players just play better so the media can keep slagging us as much as they want for me.

Maybe we could get some sort of song going about us being bullies or dirty?

Rovers 3 - City 1

Edited by Hughesy

After last nights performance we have to be hoping for a win at home although a draw would be a more than decent result.

How I would line it up:

Stead

Pedersen                    Emerton

Tugay      Reid

Moko

Matteo    Nelsen  Todd  Neill

Friedel

Subs: Enckleman, Johansson, Flitcoft, Thompson, Gallagher

Sav needs time to get fit and cool off a bit. Dickov just needs the get fit part (and Stead played so well he deserves a chance to carry on his form).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.