BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premiership Final Table Prediction

1. Chelsea: Mourinho masterminds another Championship victory, lets face it no one is in their league money wise and probably if they were doing poor at Christmas time Abramovich would stretch his budget even further! Expect Essien to sign and Chelsea to win by several points.

2. Manchester United: Improvement on last season, Rooney will hit top form and with a pretty much settled team from last year will finish second. Expect Rooney to score 20+ goals this term and Christiano Ronaldo to perform 20+ step overs a half

3. Arsenal: No more Mr. Vieira means bad news for Arsenal, I think the void left will be too big, Fabregas and Flamini are still too young and Gilberto Silva has proved ineffective without Vieira. Hleb will be a good signing but expect Arsenal to lose out on the race for 2nd. Expect Vieira to come back and knock Arsenal out of the Champions League with Juventus

4. Liverpool: The Champions of Europe will again blame inconsistency for their lack of a title challenge. Reina and Zenden I think will be a success but you heard it here first, Crouch will score 5-10 goals. Expect Crouch to be the biggest £7.5m flop since Mr. Corrado Grabbi

5. Middlesbrough: Good young team, addition of Yakubu will play a huge part in their season, with Southgate and co. at the back Middlesbrough always put together a good defence. Hasselbaink, Yakubu and Viduka must do the rest. Expect Hasselbaink and co. score 10+ each

6. Tottenham: Again inconsistency will haunt them but an exciting young squad, with the addition of Edgar Davids should kick on and I expect a top 6 finish, with the likes of Defoe, Keane, Mido and Kanoute. Expect Anthony Gardner to get into the England squad quite simply because he plays for Spurs. Oh and the year ends in a digit so Spurs for the FA Cup.

7. Bolton: Big Sam fails to improve on last season, expect the "long ball" to be in opperation from the off, Expect Davies to again score 10+ goals and El Hadji Diouf to get into at least 2 spitting incidents.

8. Newcastle: Parker and Emre are good additions I expect them to add another striker before the deadline, Shearer will want to go out on a high (deja vu?) and Expect Dyer and Bowyer to give us round 2.

9. Manchester City: Will miss Shaun Wright Phillips desperately but with Stuart Pearce at the helm City will prove to be a hard nut to crack. Expect Andy Cole and Robbie Fowler to link up well and Joey Barton to be in prison by Christmas.

10. Blackburn: Solid defence and if the new boys up front are a success it could be the tonic for success, If Bellamy can stay fit and another midfielder is added to the squad we could possibly finish higher. Expect Shefki Kuqi to be sold or released by this time next year.

11. Aston Villa: Still lacking up front, Phillips proved last season that he is over the hill and with reports that Juan Pablo Angel is upset and the loss of Luke Moore and Darius Vassell, Villa need some more strength in the striker dept. Expect to see Doug Ellis and David O'Leary have a major fall out.

12. Portsmouth: Robert must prove himself in his first season, however the new Zambian striker sounds like a top prospect, shaky in defence, despite this Pompey's challenge to be the new "Dads Army" of the premiership cannot come at a better time. Experience will win the day. Expect O'Brien to be as shaky and as overrated as he was at Newcastle.

13. Everton: Back to earth with a thud, teams know how to play against them, the Champions League run will not materialise and the UEFA Cup run will end at round 1. Expect Beattie to big a big flop and Yobo and Weir to get caught out by pacey strikers.

14. Charlton: Curbishley looks fed up and needs a new challenge, Charlton always amaze me how they go on a long run around Christmas yet the end of season form is atrocious and expect another season of mid table mediocrity, Expect to see Francis Jeffers score 5 goals of his backside.

15. Birmingham: Think they're bigger than they are, Upson apparently wants to leave and Pandiani doesn't want to join! The prospect of seeing Jason Euell playing for Birmingham makes me laugh. Expect David Dunn to miss 3-6 months of the season due to back or hamstring trouble.

16. West Brom: Stay up once again, but are run close. The loss of Keiron Richardson will be massive for West Brom although the experience gained last season will prove invaluable. Expect Keiron Richardson to return after failing to get into the Man Utd team.

17. West Ham: Only one of the newly promoted teams to stay up, Have the financial clout but also the pulling power which is what seperates them from Wigan. Experience like that of Teddy Sheringham and Roy Carroll will help them avoid the drop. Expect Pardew to be sacked early doors. (Hopefully as philipl says)

18. Wigan: Will start of slowly but go on a late charge, rather like Crystal Palace. Chimbonda and Pollitt are not exactly inspired signings however and Wigan go down. Expect Roberts/Ellington to score 15 goals between them.

19. Fulham: Awful preseason, poor middle/end to last season and the loss of Andy Cole and Edwin van der Sar will be huge, no team whose no.1 goalkeeper is Mark Crossley can expect anything more than a dogfight. Expect Papa Bouba Diop to move on at some stage of the season.

20. Sunderland: Despite being Champions havent improved their squad enough to survive, the current team is a solid Championship team, which unfortunately will be what they are at the beginning of the 2006/2007 season. Expect Jon Stead to score 3 goals including one against Blackburn.

Edited by rog of the rovers

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for what it's worth, here's my final table.

I think Spurs will be the most improved team this year and I've stuck my neck out and predicted all three promoted sides to stay up.

Newcastle and Villa will disappoint their fans.

Chelsea

Arsenal

Spurs

Man Utd

Liverpool

Man City

Boro

Everton

ROVERS

Charlton

Bolton

Sunderland

Newcastle

Brum

Villa

West Ham

Wigan

W.B.A.

Pompey

Fulham

1 Chelsea

2 Man United

3 Arsenal

4 Liverpool

5 Spurs

6 Middlesbrough

7 Everton

8 Blackburn

9 Bolton

10 Aston Villa

11 Birmingham

12 Newcaslte United

13 Manchester City

14 Charlton

15 West Brom

16 Portsmouth

17 Wigan

18 Fulham

19 West Ham United

20 Sunderland

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man U

4. Liverpool

5. Newcaslte

6. Tottenham

7. Bolton

8. Charlton

9. Middlesbrough

10. Everton

11. Birmingham

12. Aston Villa

13. Fulham

14. Man City

15. Blackburn

16. West Ham

17. Sunderland

18. Portsmouth

19. West Brom

20. Wigan

Chelsea

Manchester United

Arsenal

Liverpool

Tottenham

Middlesbrough

Bolton Wanderers

Blackburn Rovers

Aston Villa

Manchester City

Newcastle United

Everton

Charlton Athletic

Portsmouth

Birmingham City

Sunderland

Fulham

West Bromwich Albion

West Ham United

Wigan Athletic

Is it only me or did anyone else typing out the team names feel underwhelmed?

I don't think Arsenal will suffer as badly as many make out at the loss of Vieira. Arsenal have other quality holding players in their squad already such as Gilberto and Vieira isn't a great box to box player which is what he has been trying to do for the last two years. I reckon Wenger will be praised for having sold Vieira in a year or two - Vieira is aging and his value is plummeting. For a player of his age, his transfer fee was massive and it wouldn't have been half of that if sold a year later.

Chelsea to win the league obviously, Arsenal, Liverpool and ManYoo fighting amongst themselves for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The rest down to the bottom five could go to anybody and is impossible to predict. I reckon we'll see Sunderland, Leicester, West Brom, Wigan and Fulham in the bottom five. Fulham will stay up but it will be close, of the other four I can't yet say who will go down.

Hope Its Not Too Late

Premier League Predictions

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Liverpool

4. Man Utd.

5. Tottenham

6. Boro

7. Bolton

8. Everton

9. Rovers

10. Newcastle

11. Aston Villa

12. Charlton

13. Birmingham

14. Portsmouth

15. West Brom

16. Man City

17. West Ham

18. Wigan

19. Sunderland

20. Fulham

Can't believe the optimism surrounding Boro.

In recent years they've built teams for a season, not squads, and this summer they've done neither...

Bottom half for me I'm afraid.

336644[/snapback]

Well, this season they've got Mendiete *(spelling) back. Along with Yakubu who is a 20+ goal striker and a highly rated young full-back Emanuel Pogatetz.

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Boro

7. Bolton

8. Rovers

9. Everton

10. Man City

11. Aston Villa

12. Newcastle

13. Charlton

14. Portsmouth

15. Birmingham

16. Fulham

17. West Ham

18. West Brom

19. Sunderland

20. Wigan

Edited by skiporovers

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man U

4. Liverpool

5. Man City

6. Tottenham

7. Charlton

8. Rovers

9. Everton

10. Boro

11. Aston Villa

12. Newcastle

13. Bolton

14. West Brom

15. Birmingham

16. Fulham

17. Sunderland

18. Portsmouth

19. Wigan

20. West Ham

1 Chelsea (too strong)

2 Liverpool (many good singing / much cover)

3 Arsenal (lack DM cost it)

4 Manchester United (the team is just the same as last season)

5 Tottenham Hotspur (Have Davids, should be more stable)

6 Middlesbrough (just about the same as last year)

7 Everton (just about the same as second part of last year)

8 Manchester City (Good manager, good defence)

9 Newcastle United (lack of strikers+Souness effect)

10 Aston Villa

11 Bolton Wanderers

12 Charlton (Should get enough points before christmas)

13 Blackburn Rovers (Are you kidding? yes, we should between 10-15)

14 Birmingham City (lack of savage)

15 West Ham (pre-season also drawn with 1860, so should be similiar with us)

16 Portsmouth (Yukubo(spelling) gone)

17 Fulham (Cole gone)

18 Sunderland (Too many young guy)

19 West Bromwich (luck will not come again)

20 Wigan

Edited by kevinyip

I'm willing to do the same prediction game we ran last year... I'll calculate the scores at the end of the season for anyone who gets their table in before the start of the Everton-Man U match, 12:45 English time on August 13.

The prediction thingy goes like this: at the end of the season, for every spot you are off for each team, you gain a point. For instance, if you have Rovers predicted to finish 19th and they finish 14th, you're given five points. Picking the correct champion subtracts ten from your total score, and you get three apiece for each relegated team you get right. Person with the lowest score wins.

I'm still dithering on posting my table, I want to see the last minute transfer activity before I do. biggrin.gif

That would be great Philly.

Here's mine:

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Liverpool

4. ManU

5. Middlesboro

6. Tottenham

7. Charlton

8. Bolton

9. Everton

10.ManShiteh

11. Aston Villa

12. Newcastle

13. Rovers

14. Foolem

15. Portsmouth

16. WestBrom

17. WestHam

18. Birmingham

19. Wigan

20. Sunderland

I'm willing to do the same prediction game we ran last year... I'll calculate the scores at the end of the season for anyone who gets their table in before the start of the Everton-Man U match, 12:45 English time on August 13.

I'm still dithering on posting my table, I want to see the last minute transfer activity before I do.  biggrin.gif

336777[/snapback]

Nice one Philly!

I too am waiting for the team squads to be finalised before making my prediction... ph34r.gif

1. Liverpool

2. Chelski (Champions League winners)

3. Man Yoo

4. Arsenal

5. Spurs

6. Boro (last seasons squad was good but unlucky with injuries)

7. Everton (after early CL exit)

8. Man City

9. Newcastle (reckon souness will go in novemember/dec and then they'll start performing)

10. Charlton

11. Birmingham

12. Bolton

13. Rovers

14. Villa

15. West Ham

16. Portsmouth

17. Wigan

18. West Brom

19. Fulham

20. Sunderland

I reserve the right to change this before the season starts if any major signings take place dry.gifwink.gif

Here's mine:

1. Chelsea - too much money, too good a defence & a decent attack

2. Arsenal - might not miss Viera as much as you'd think

3. Liverpool - Crouch will be a big plus

4. Man Utd - Better performances, but not sure about Van der Saar & if Rio wants to play for 'em

5. Middlesboro - Yakubu, Viduka & Hasselbaink will make for a decent attack

6. Everton - bit of a come-down from last season, possibly unsettled if Cahill won't sign a new contract

7. Man City - think they'll revel in the fact they're no longer considered a 1-man team

8. Rovers - hopefully Bellamy, Kuki & Jansen'll mean we score some goals biggrin.gif

9. Tottenham - young squad, but not this season, maybe next

10. Bolton - bit of a come-down, like Everton; Europe'll affect 'em (if they progress)

11. Aston Villa - miss Vassell

12. Newcastle - might be higher if Souness goes early on...

13. Charlton - annual late-season collapse'll happen earlier this yr, with a bigger impact

14. Fulham - lack of goals & no keeper!

15. Birmingham - Heskey'll be back to normal

16. Sunderland - escape on the last game

17. West Ham - see Sunderland

18. Portsmouth - miss Yakubu badly, Robert may not make for a good morale

19. Wigan - money, but nobody wants to sign for 'em...

20. West Brom - miss Richardson & still have Kanu

As the reigning champion of this prediction league thingy I suppose I should try and defend my trophy! biggrin.gif

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Man U

Tottenham

Rovers

Everton

Bolton

Middlesboro

Newcastle

Charlton

Portsmouth

Man City

Aston Villa

Birmingham

Wigan

Fulham

West Brom

West Ham

Sunderland

I really didn't want to predict Rovers as high as that but, when I looked at it, I couldn't see many teams better than us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.