BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premiership Final Table Prediction

A new winger and a striker away from challanging for the title?  Don't make me laugh!

385292[/snapback]

Well, a partner for Bellamy of Rooney/Henry quality and a Gerrard or Lampard and actually I do think we could put a challenge in provided we had few injuries. Obviously it would be a slim chance but I think we would be more than decent.

Arguably we have a better striker in Bellamy than Liverpool have (I don't think I would swap him with any of their lot). And we have a better defender in Nelsen than Arsenal or Man Utd have on this seasons form.

Anyway I still am at a loss to understand why Ferguson did not buy a top quality (or even average) holding midfielder. They have been giving away games for fun. Same goes for Wenger at Arsenal. Is it some bizarre new tactical evolution where they don't expect to have to actually have to win the ball?

If it is then it is a remarkably stupid evolution.

If they rectify these problem in the summer then I fully expect the Scum and the Arse to bounce right back (although saying that, if Arse finish outside the top four then there will be a major talent exodus).

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wigan 2 Spurs 2.

Got to be a good result for us.

Could West Ham be the fly in the ointment?

385350[/snapback]

Two other good results for us at the week-end were the need for Bolton v West Ham and Villa v Citeh replays.

Rev's concerns about West Ham mirror mine. Bolton's fixture congestion might do for the ugly awkward squad down the road but West Ham are looking the genuine article as a top Prem side from what I have seen.

• 2 months later...

This thread (at least the early pages before it got hijacked on the later pages) makes for entertaining reasoning.It is interesting how many predicted BIG CLUB to go down as well as many of you predicted Rovers 6th.As I write this,we still have a mathematical chance at 5th if arsenal can drop points and we beat citeh.Philly,perhaps you can start ciphering to see who was most accurate in their prediction tables?The table makes for fine reading right about now!

Florida Rover

Reid could also be a key player judging by his form last year and his performance against Espanol.

Optimistically and with an injury free run, 6th behind Chelsea, ManUre, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs.

338384[/snapback]

Thank you, thank you - once again I thank you!

Must admit, wouldn't have predicted 6th if I'd known Bellamy would miss as many games as he did.

With a proper pre season behind him he shouldn't be so injury prone next year. Let's just pray it's for us.

Champions Chelsea

Champs LEague

Arsenal

United

Liverpool

UEFA Cup Rovers

Villa

Down

Birmingham

Sunderland

West Brom

Cups

FA Cup: Chelsea

League Cup: Spurs

Champions League: Chelsea

331814[/snapback]

Forgetting my cups predictions I kinda wish I went to the bookies on July 13 2005. Bar Villa my league predictions are right assuming Arsenal do their job in the CL final and remaining games this season

Optimistically and with an injury free run, 6th behind Chelsea, ManUre, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs.

338384[/snapback]

Thank you, thank you - once again I thank you!

404675[/snapback]

Whoaahhh - we can still finish 5th in front of Arsenal you know!!!! tongue.gif

A good prediction Rev, and well done for keeping the glass half full rather than half empty. Rovers need plenty more fans to adopt positive attitudes.

Oh, and be careful next time you try and wave at us outside the Moorgate from that Fiat Skateboard Turbo trolley thing you drive - if you go any further over the mini-roundabout you'll end up grounded with all four tiny wheels flapping helplessly in the wind ....... laugh.gif

Philly,perhaps you can start ciphering to see who was most accurate in their prediction tables?The table makes for fine reading right about now!

Florida Rover

404653[/snapback]

I was going to start figuring things out after Sunday's matches. Just a warning, that it is finals week for me and so I might not have it done until Monday night sometime... but it's always fun to see who did well, right?

Ohhhh that could be priceless, Neil. No doubt we'll be in the bottom half, possibly the bottom five--though he was a bit more positive toward the end of the year.

Between Lawro and everyone else's predictions, this thread should make for some good reading next week then.

1. Chelsea: Mourinho masterminds another Championship victory, lets face it no one is in their league money wise and probably if they were doing poor at Christmas time Abramovich would stretch his budget even further! Expect Essien to sign and Chelsea to win by several points.

2. Manchester United: Improvement on last season, Rooney will hit top form and with a pretty much settled team from last year will finish second. Expect Rooney to score 20+ goals this term and Christiano Ronaldo to perform 20+ step overs a half

3. Arsenal: No more Mr. Vieira means bad news for Arsenal, I think the void left will be too big, Fabregas and Flamini are still too young and Gilberto Silva has proved ineffective without Vieira. Hleb will be a good signing but expect Arsenal to lose out on the race for 2nd. Expect Vieira to come back and knock Arsenal out of the Champions League with Juventus

4. Liverpool: The Champions of Europe will again blame inconsistency for their lack of a title challenge. Reina and Zenden I think will be a success but you heard it here first, Crouch will score 5-10 goals. Expect Crouch to be the biggest £7.5m flop since Mr. Corrado Grabbi

5. Middlesbrough: Good young team, addition of Yakubu will play a huge part in their season, with Southgate and co. at the back Middlesbrough always put together a good defence. Hasselbaink, Yakubu and Viduka must do the rest. Expect Hasselbaink and co. score 10+ each

6. Tottenham: Again inconsistency will haunt them but an exciting young squad, with the addition of Edgar Davids should kick on and I expect a top 6 finish, with the likes of Defoe, Keane, Mido and Kanoute. Expect Anthony Gardner to get into the England squad quite simply because he plays for Spurs. Oh and the year ends in a digit so Spurs for the FA Cup.

7. Bolton: Big Sam fails to improve on last season, expect the "long ball" to be in opperation from the off, Expect Davies to again score 10+ goals and El Hadji Diouf to get into at least 2 spitting incidents.

8. Newcastle: Parker and Emre are good additions I expect them to add another striker before the deadline, Shearer will want to go out on a high (deja vu?) and Expect Dyer and Bowyer to give us round 2.

9. Manchester City: Will miss Shaun Wright Phillips desperately but with Stuart Pearce at the helm City will prove to be a hard nut to crack. Expect Andy Cole and Robbie Fowler to link up well and Joey Barton to be in prison by Christmas.

10. Blackburn: Solid defence and if the new boys up front are a success it could be the tonic for success, If Bellamy can stay fit and another midfielder is added to the squad we could possibly finish higher. Expect Shefki Kuqi to be sold or released by this time next year.

11. Aston Villa: Still lacking up front, Phillips proved last season that he is over the hill and with reports that Juan Pablo Angel is upset and the loss of Luke Moore and Darius Vassell, Villa need some more strength in the striker dept. Expect to see Doug Ellis and David O'Leary have a major fall out.

12. Portsmouth: Robert must prove himself in his first season, however the new Zambian striker sounds like a top prospect, shaky in defence, despite this Pompey's challenge to be the new "Dads Army" of the premiership cannot come at a better time. Experience will win the day. Expect O'Brien to be as shaky and as overrated as he was at Newcastle.

13. Everton: Back to earth with a thud, teams know how to play against them, the Champions League run will not materialise and the UEFA Cup run will end at round 1. Expect Beattie to big a big flop and Yobo and Weir to get caught out by pacey strikers.

14. Charlton: Curbishley looks fed up and needs a new challenge, Charlton always amaze me how they go on a long run around Christmas yet the end of season form is atrocious and expect another season of mid table mediocrity, Expect to see Francis Jeffers score 5 goals of his backside.

15. Birmingham: Think they're bigger than they are, Upson apparently wants to leave and Pandiani doesn't want to join! The prospect of seeing Jason Euell playing for Birmingham makes me laugh. Expect David Dunn to miss 3-6 months of the season due to back or hamstring trouble.

16. West Brom: Stay up once again, but are run close. The loss of Keiron Richardson will be massive for West Brom although the experience gained last season will prove invaluable. Expect Keiron Richardson to return after failing to get into the Man Utd team.

17. West Ham: Only one of the newly promoted teams to stay up, Have the financial clout but also the pulling power which is what seperates them from Wigan. Experience like that of Teddy Sheringham and Roy Carroll will help them avoid the drop. Expect Pardew to be sacked early doors. (Hopefully as philipl says)

18. Wigan: Will start of slowly but go on a late charge, rather like Crystal Palace. Chimbonda and Pollitt are not exactly inspired signings however and Wigan go down. Expect Roberts/Ellington to score 15 goals between them.

19. Fulham: Awful preseason, poor middle/end to last season and the loss of Andy Cole and Edwin van der Sar will be huge, no team whose no.1 goalkeeper is Mark Crossley can expect anything more than a dogfight. Expect Papa Bouba Diop to move on at some stage of the season.

20. Sunderland: Despite being Champions havent improved their squad enough to survive, the current team is a solid Championship team, which unfortunately will be what they are at the beginning of the 2006/2007 season. Expect Jon Stead to score 3 goals including one against Blackburn.

335862[/snapback]

Horribly wrong on some, but right on others, biggrin.gif

1st Chelsea

2nd Manchester United

20th Sunderland

Bolton can still finish 7th aswell!

Correct Expectations

Expect Essien to sign and Chelsea to win by several points.

Expect Rooney to score 20+ goals this term and Christiano Ronaldo to perform 20+ step overs a half

Expect to see Doug Ellis and David O'Leary have a major fall out

Expect David Dunn to miss 3-6 months of the season due to back or hamstring trouble.

Edited by rog of the rovers

I just thought it was funny that ANYBODY expected a Souness- "inspired" Newcastle to beat us.

Admittedly a few thought he'd be sacked and then they'd do better (which they of COURSE did). But for the others...............!!!

Sorry if this question has already been answered.....

but....now that Rovers have secured 6th place, what is it's value in terms of prize money from the Premier League....searched the internet with little success

Thanks in advance

but....now that Rovers have secured 6th place, what is it's value in terms of prize money from the Premier League....searched the internet with little success

Thanks in advance

405152[/snapback]

B D, i've looked everywhere and cant find the exact amounts for this years placings. mad.gif

if i remember rightly rovers finished 15th, last season, and got 1.5 M. (half M a place) so id say betw 6& 7 M.

someone will post the correct amount, no doubt.

Thanks in advance

405152[/snapback]

This one is Stuwilk's domain I think.

Off the top of my head, we get something like an extra £550,000 per place. A significant increase from 15th, and, more importantly, a good £2m better than our budgeted 10th.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.