BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

Let's try again:

He can pass. Watch games he's played for City and you can see that... he hasn't featured enough in an awful Newcastle team to display such talent regularly. If he didn't have such talent, he wouldn't be so sought after despite his record. The fact he's still getting interest says something about the skills he has.

He's a workhorse who doesn't give up. Much like Savage, he'll chase opponents across the pitch and put them under pressure. Obviously, sometimes it gets him in trouble (Sunday as an example) much like it did Sav, but it's a trait not enough footballers possess.

He attempts to lead the team by example and motivate. Again, much like Sav. He's not afraid to give underperforming players a piece of his mind.

In fact, he's in many ways like a more technically gifted version of Savage, but he somehow has a far worse attitude and appears to be a terrible human being.

As much as I hate Bartons behaviour etc, he is still a good player. I also suggest that Sams player management would be better than anything that Barton has so far had. If anybody can calm Barton down (understatement I acknowledge) and get the best out of him in football terms, then Sam is the one to do it. Most of us said no to Savage, EHD, Dickov, Bellamy - even Batty years ago - yet each player did a good job for Rovers. EHD is still hit and miss in my view with regards to his contribution on the field so far. Sometimes he can be the best player in the team and other days the worse. I still detest the things he has done in the past, but the truth is he hasn't done anything wrong since coming to Rovers. Barton is his own worse enemy - but with a football talent. I would have thought his time in jail would have helped change him for the better, but the tackle on sunday showed different - though in my view, as bad as it looked and the position on the pitch, making the tackle pointless - I do not think there was intent to injure the player, but was instead a very mistimed one - though to be honest I have only seen it once.

Would I want this player at Ewood - I do not know. The football talent I would want, but not the behaviour that goes with it. But with Rovers having less media profile than say city or newcastle it may be the place where the bad behaviour could be curbed. But I also believe that Sam is the best manager to man manage Barton.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinjay606
Rooney is a foul mouthed, potato faced goon who at times looks like he wants a red card, but he doesn't go as far as Barton. He doesn't stub cigars in people's eyes or beat the crap out of 15 year olds. Not as far as I know anyway.

#. They wouldn't want to be blamed for taking away one of the England team's top names.

Look how he gets portrayed in that Setanta cartoon he's nothing like that. They don't want us to see the real Rooney for what he is.

Edited by modes98
Any proof of that? Don't want the site being sued.

As far as I know Wayne Rooney is a perfectly well behaved young man off the pitch, which is more than can be said for the cretin he's being compared to.

• Backroom
# They wouldn't want to be blamed for taking away one of the England team's top names.

Look how he gets portrayed in that Setanta cartoon he's nothing like that. They don't want us to see the real Rooney for what he is.

LOL :D

Edited by modes98

Removed

Well they didn't cover it up for Gerrard. Are you serious with that comment?

Also, do you genuinely believe that Rooney and Barton are equal in terms of behaviour?

In my eyes if an England player had done the exact same things as Barton, they'd be critisized more than Barton, not less, like you are suggesting.

Edited by modes98

• Backroom
Well they didn't cover it up for Gerrard. Are you serious with that comment?

Also, do you genuinely believe that Rooney and Barton are equal in terms of behaviour?

In my eyes if an England player had done the exact same things as Barton, they'd be critisized more than Barton, not less, like you are suggesting.

He's attempting a wind up mate, it's what he does. That post actually made me laugh out loud. Definately getting better!

I have thought a lot about this and I think that Barton should not be at our club, regardless of his obvious talent.

Diouf has been a s*** in the past but you cannot compare a spitter with someone who has stubbed someones eye out with a cigar or beaten up 15 year olds, this would not set a good benchmark for the club and I sincerely hope that JW has enough about him to simply say 'no' to Sam's request- if there is one.

So many holier than thou perfect people eh? :rolleyes:

I worry about Bartons insecurity and his inherant scouse persecution complex but I also wonder where we are going to sign a 5-7m rated player in mid career for next to f*%$ all as befits our precarious financial status? Instead of pontifications and criticism from the beginnings of a lynch mob lets have some alternative suggestions guys.

Tell you what every cloud has a silver lining eh? ..... At least EHD is having the spotlight of our 'Lady members' taken off him with all this talk of Barton signing.

Edited by thenodrog

• Backroom

I worry about Bartons insecurity and his inherant scouse persecution complex but I also wonder where we are going to sign a 5-7m rated player in mid career for next to f*%$ all as befits our precarious financial status? Instead of pontifications and criticism from the beginnings of a lynch mob lets have some alternative suggestions guys.

Tell you what ... at least EHD is having the spotlight of our 'Lady members' taken off him with all this talk of Barton signing.

What a strange man you are. Holier Than Thou? I'll get back to you once I've stubbed a cigar out in someone's eyes, beaten a teenager to a pulp, and smashed up a co-worker so badly he nearly lost his sight :rolleyes:

Nobody has to suggest an alternative because they don't want Barton at the club.

What a strange man you are. Holier Than Thou? I'll get back to you once I've stubbed a cigar out in someone's eyes, beaten a teenager to a pulp, and smashed up a co-worker so badly he nearly lost his sight :rolleyes:

Nobody has to suggest an alternative because they don't want Barton at the club.

I didn't want to see the Axe partnering Andrews in midfield but we did through basic necessity! :rolleyes: Beggars cannot be choosers.

Q. How many midfielders do we have on the books that would keep Barton out of the team? Be honest now.

Edited by thenodrog

• Backroom
I didn't want to see the Axe partnering Andrews in midfield but we did through basic necessity! :rolleyes: Beggars cannot be choosers.

Q. How many midfielders do we have on the books that would keep Barton out of the team? Be honest now.

The Axe isn't Barton, is he? There are very, very few footballers I'd be vehemently against playing for us. Barton's one of them.

In terms of ability, Barton's better than our other options, but the numerous negatives that come with that ability totally negate it. The thought of our club paying someone like him wages to supplement his lifestyle makes me sick.

The Axe isn't Barton, is he? There are very, very few footballers I'd be vehemently against playing for us. Barton's one of them.

In terms of ability, Barton's better than our other options, but the numerous negatives that come with that ability totally negate it. The thought of our club paying someone like him wages to supplement his lifestyle makes me sick.

Couldn't agree more ..........Rather play with 10

Edited by Waggy76

Magnificent is ridiculously overboard. Are Brian Kidd (and the failed championship level manager) magnificent for likely keeping Portsmouth up?

He's done a competent job same and several other managers could have done the same.

I guess the people moaning about Barton don't mind the England team having a violent thug as one of the leading strikers. If people are going to give out criticism make it equal.

I take it that you are refering to Rooney, and yes he can be a very intimidating and often dirty player. So can you list all the incidents of violence comitted by Rooney on or off the field of play that are equal to those comitted by Barton?

Edited by Fife Rover

I'm not holier than thou, and I am not perfect. However, there comes a point were people run out of chances, especially when it is disgraceful, violent behaviour which has even led to time in prison. He hasn't shown anything to suggest he has come out of prison learning from those mistakes.

Tell you what every cloud has a silver lining eh? ..... At least EHD is having the spotlight of our 'Lady members' taken off him with all this talk of Barton signing.

Alternative suggestion - Sean Davis. He's on a free this Summer, right? Just as good as Joey Barton, nowhere near as injury prone or as much of a ####.

You've talked a lot of sense recently but I'm afraid that you, and everyone else on here that wants Barton, is just plain wrong. Firstly this great club is not so pathetic that we have to take whoever is available, whatever their character, whatever they have done. We are better than that and I'm surprised at you of all people for taking that position. Secondly, when was the last time Barton had a really good match? Be honest now - it was years ago. When he played for City. He never turned in a performance for Newcastle that I'm aware of so what has changed now? Finally, I am all for giving people a second chance. But this guy is on about his fifth chance. And not for a bit of mischief either. For serious, violent and in some cases psychotic behaviour. Why does anyone on here suddenly think that will stop? Why does everyone think that this track record will dissipate and he will become a model pro? We'd be lucky to get 10 matches a season out of him. It really would be the wrong decision to sign this tosspot and I think gumboots is actually right - it would send a lot of people to the golf course :rolleyes:

I take it that you are refering to Rooney, and yes he can be a very intimidating and often dirty player. So can you list all the incidents of violence comitted by Rooney on or off the field of play that are equal to those comitted by Barton?

There are none .......apart from the incident where he dropped Micky Gray whilst remaining seated in his chair - but that was more amusing than anything else .....

At the risk of incurring the wrath of my friend AESF , I have to say Rooney's a wonderful lad IMO - more energy and enthusiasm in his little finger than a lowlife like Barton will ever possess .

And Barton is just your average run of the mill midfielder ; the odd good pass every now and then but nothing on the consistent basis that would justify any half decent team in the prem taking a risk with .

Having said that the incident against Liverpool was a border line red card - somewhere between a red and a yellow as I said at the time ...

• Backroom

I hate the man and would hate him here BUT the fact remains he is better than any of our current midfielders.

Whilst I wouldnt boycott thw matches if he comes I can't support him as a man but will still go to support the club i love.

I honestly do not know how I would feel about this man playing for Rovers. The ideal situation is that this man never gets to play at the top level again which would obviously mean all clubs taking a stand against it. I cant see that happening so then you ask who would sign him and you think about clubs again very much similar to Rovers. Dont get me wrong I am against Rovers having this man play for us but he is only going to play for a club similar to us which means we as we need him should perhaps go for him.

There are no morals in football anymore.

Aren't Rovers supposed to be a family club? Diouf - for all his controversy - sounds like a gent out of hours. Barton, on the other hand, is a different beast altogether.

• Backroom

Aye, there's no real comparison with Diouf. He had his minor spat at Sunderland with whoever it was, but apparently they were like mates again afterwards so I don't think it was that serious. Otherwise it's just been diving and spitting, which are pretty pathetic, but nothing compared to GBH and assault.

This is brilliant.

When we had Todd, Neill, Savage and Dickov we were hard to beat and everyone hated us.

Now we simply need to sign Barton to go along with Diouf and we'll be back on the right track!

Barton is a block head. But he can play, so we'll take it.

Well said.

Some folk fail to see that you cannot overcome animosity by feeling guilty or by constantly trying to please. I wonder how many of the main complainants used to watch football before Sky and the broadsheets suddenly realised it existed? Not many judging by the tone of most of the recent posts.... "...If Allardyce/Diouf/Barton (delete as appropriate) comes here it will be the last time I set foot in Ewood...there will be a boycott etc...Yours Sincerely, Mr. Permanently Outraged from Loserville, Suffolk (on behalf of all permanently outraged football fans)..."

The premise is laughable. Rovers are not liked by the media and never will be, no matter who we sign. Stop trying to be loved and get over it. Who cares what other fans think of us? Who gives a rats a*** that the press and media hold us in utter disdain because we don't shift newspapers and we don't attract decent viewing figures? Too many of you by the looks of it! We appoint the first black British Premier League manager and draw unprecedented accusations of racism. None of those sports writers would have dared attack one of the so-called bigger clubs in the manner which they did us.

I assume most complainants would have never seen Glen Keeley in action. He was big, ugly and brutal. In a Rovers shirt however - as his elbow swivelled to almost decapitate his opponent or defying gravity to literally launch himself at the ball, flying horizontally in mid-air before before landing on both ball and strikers knee - he was truly majestic.

So Joey Barton slapped a teenager and some gobby posturing French non-entity who apparently squared up to him...gosh! I can think of plenty teenagers in the town that would benefit from being slapped and of several players in our current squad who might benefit from a training ground rumble, just to shake them out of their complacency.

This isn't some sort of government sponsored 'progressive enterprise' insisting on the secularists Holy Trinity of Diversity, Inclusion and Equality before releasing further funds. It's about winning. Nothing else. The club should be bold, not show any sign of weakness as it simply provokes futher resentment and emboldens the snipers. Rovers should hire people who will win us football matches, not pander to a bunch of vapidly fashionable, self-serving posters lining up to to congratulate themselves on being so morally superior.

• Backroom

What a load of rubbish. Have a word with yourself. You've clearly not read any of the posts and made a broad and incorrect assumption. Go back up and ask yourself where anybody mentioned "the media" in this. You brought that up and managed to somehow outrage yourself over it.

Also, I do consider myself morally superior to Barton, and rightly so. You won't find me backing down over that.

Edited by DE4life

Well said.

Some folk fail to see that you cannot overcome animosity by feeling guilty or by constantly trying to please. I wonder how many of the main complainants used to watch football before Sky and the broadsheets suddenly realised it existed? Not many judging by the tone of most of the recent posts.... "...If Allardyce/Diouf/Barton (delete as appropriate) comes here it will be the last time I set foot in Ewood...there will be a boycott etc...Yours Sincerely, Mr. Permanently Outraged from Loserville, Suffolk (on behalf of all permanently outraged football fans)..."

The premise is laughable. Rovers are not liked by the media and never will be, no matter who we sign. Stop trying to be loved and get over it. Who cares what other fans think of us? Who gives a rats a*** that the press and media hold us in utter disdain because we don't shift newspapers and we don't attract decent viewing figures? Too many of you by the looks of it! We appoint the first black British Premier League manager and draw unprecedented accusations of racism. None of those sports writers would have dared attack one of the so-called bigger clubs in the manner which they did us.

I assume most complainants would have never seen Glen Keeley in action. He was big, ugly and brutal. In a Rovers shirt however - as his elbow swivelled to almost decapitate his opponent or defying gravity to literally launch himself at the ball, flying horizontally in mid-air before before landing on both ball and strikers knee - he was truly majestic.

So Joey Barton slapped a teenager and some gobby posturing French non-entity who apparently squared up to him...gosh! I can think of plenty teenagers in the town that would benefit from being slapped and of several players in our current squad who might benefit from a training ground rumble, just to shake them out of their complacency.

This isn't some sort of government sponsored 'progressive enterprise' insisting on the secularists Holy Trinity of Diversity, Inclusion and Equality before releasing further funds. It's about winning. Nothing else. The club should be bold, not show any sign of weakness as it simply provokes futher resentment and emboldens the snipers. Rovers should hire people who will win us football matches, not pander to a bunch of vapidly fashionable, self-serving posters lining up to to congratulate themselves on being so morally superior.

What a lamentable post. You really appear to have no clue. Pathetic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.