BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

And how do you increase your fixed income to do that Jan?

We're all on a fixed income until our next pay rise (or pension increase). However your point was that it was difficult for 2 unbudgeted things to be catered for in a week. I merely said that neither of them were unbudgetable.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how do you increase your fixed income to do that Jan? When it barely covers life's absolute essentials and does not allow for sudden un forseen increases in things like gas and electricity or mortgage interest rates etc.

You're wasting your time Fife, Jans attitude is the same in every post. She doesn't even see the real world, never mind live in it, she has her own ivory tower.

You're wasting your time Fife, Jans attitude is the same in every post. She doesn't even see the real world, never mind live in it, she has her own ivory tower.

Sorry- almost everyone I know lives in the same world as me! (Although there are obviously a few aliens out there!!!)

Edited by Jan

Incidentally did anyone else get the wonderfully timed email from Rovers Marketing dept. At 21.21 today I receieved an email thanking me for my support on Thursday and asking me to book tickets for the game against Wigan. That would be the one that took place 6 hours prior to this email. Apparently they also sent out mailings on Thursday urging people to come to the Uefa game, at 20.30. Genius!

Firstly the Club does apologise for the inconvenience that a minority (less than 1%) of our ca 45000 fans on the email list suffered- which was due to an IT issue that brought down our email system at the end of last week and over the weekend. This problem has been rectified since.

Secondly the forthcoming fixtures info forms a small part of our regular matchday newsletters. There is plenty of other content and promotions like The Card, our various membership schemes etc.

Thirdly the email isn't the primary source of fixture information and merely acts as a last minute reminder and we admit that it is far from ideal that a small fraction of these landed after the event.

Every effort will be made to stop this from happening again.

Edited by happygilmore

jan is a SHE :huh:

all these years id thought otherwise :lol:

i didnt even get an email :huh:

Firstly the Club does apologise for the inconvenience that a minority (less than 1%) of our ca 45000 fans on the email list suffered- which was due to an IT issue that brought down our email system at the end of last week and over the weekend. This problem has been rectified since.

Secondly the forthcoming fixtures info forms a small part of our regular matchday newsletters. There is plenty of other content and promotions like The Card, our various membership schemes etc.

Thirdly the email isn't the primary source of fixture information and merely acts as a last minute reminder and we admit that it is far from ideal that a small fraction of these landed after the event.

Every effort will be made to stop this from happening again.

It's decent of you to admit it and I do agree that it is a good sign to see more and more different ideas being tried. It's just a shame when they go wrong and make the club look silly but fair play for explaining.

Sorry- almost everyone I know lives in the same world as me! (Although there are obviously a few aliens out there!!!)

Yep, the green hooped one!!

SAS Posted Today, 14:57

i didnt even get an email

Neither did I.

Maybe they could try it for the Chelsea cup game, as I suspect the whole crowd situation will raise its ugly head again.

It's £15 for season ticket holders, £18 for non season ticket holders. But admittedly neither my two friends nor I can make it

I cant afford it.

That makes me a bad person I think. But Im prioritising a UEFA Cup away match over Chelsea at home Im afraid.

The sad matter of fact is that many in the town no longer share the much missed Jack Walkers vision for our club...to be a successful,SELF-FINANCING club filling its ground every other week.Jack didn't have to invest a fortune in Rovers,he could easily have bought Utd at the time.

Wheres the loyalty and payback from the missing fans in memory of Jack and what we have today....do people really apprechiate how damn lucky we are at Blackburn and how other clubs would kill for an once of what we have experienced this last decade or so at Ewood?

Its been said so many times and it continues to run so true.....

USE IT OR LOSE IT.

Its up to the people of Blackburn now to keep his lagacy alive... 16,000 is such a poor return.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Wheres the loyalty and payback from the missing fans in memory of Jack and what we have today....do people really apprechiate how damn lucky we are at Blackburn and how other clubs would kill for an once of what we have experienced this last decade or so at Ewood?

Given the recent response the my efforts at "One Jack Walker" I doubt people even remember. :angry:

We're all on a fixed income until our next pay rise (or pension increase). However your point was that it was difficult for 2 unbudgeted things to be catered for in a week. I merely said that neither of them were unbudgetable.

My point is that however well you construct your budget there will always be any number of unplanned items popping up, and if you have a large disposable income (then and only then) you will be able to choose whether or not to respond. Others on a low or non-existent disposable income will not have any choice; they will simply be unable to respond.

It's £15 for season ticket holders, £18 for non season ticket holders. But admittedly neither my two friends nor I can make it

Oh dear! Didn't you budget for that Jan? ;)

I'm sure there will be refence to the "card" elsewhere on here but I have been unable to find it.

Anyway, I got a letter recently about it. Every time you buy a Home League ticket, you get a "proof of purchase" sticker.

Reward A with a minimum of 3 stickers-£10 off any game.

Reward B with a minimum of 5 stickers-£20 off any game.

Reward C with a minimum of 7 stickers-free ticket to any game.

I have spoken to 2 people about the scheme today. "A", who is a young man who works Saturdays and would not buy a season ticket, went on Thursday and will go to a number of games during the season. He didn't know about the card, but was really quite interested in it as an idea and will look to use it. "B" is an old codger like me. He lives outside the area and can have problems coming to week end matches because of his business. He often comes with one of his sons. Again, the Reward is of interest, especially to his son.

It will be interesting to see if the "Card" does catch on. What I like about it is it can get people into the habit of going to Ewood.

I received a flyer for this on Friday and whilst I think the card is an excellent idea, and whilst the flyer was very witty it's a complete waste of time and money mailing it out to me as a ST holder. Unless we're trying to downgrade ST holders.

If 12,000 flyers were sent out to ST holders, that's more than 3k alone wasted in postage without the cost of the leaflets themselves.

Surely the Club's database is capable of differentiating between ST holders and occasional walk on fans? Or did someone in the marketing department not think to apply the relevant filter?

Maybe they felt that season ticket holders would help to spread the concept through word of mouth.

Thats actually exactly what the letter said Eddie - well, not verbatim, but near enough!

It also informed Season Ticket holders of the promotion and explained how the club were committed to maintaining the value of the season ticket.

Rather than accidentally being sent to ST holders, it was an excellent communication to all the season ticket holders encouraging them to act as Ambassadors for the club, whilst also keeping them informed of such schemes.

Edited by stuwilky

It is about time the Blackburn public showed some committment to the club by attending Ewood.

I honestly dont think there are enough people in the town interested or committed to do so! This town is not big enough to support a major Prem team and that unfortunately is that.

Loads of people have simply switched off to the disinterested state of pre JW Blackburn. Many have been scorned at work and in the pub etc for doing so by mates / colleagues and the like and often too much water has gone under the bridge for them to eat humble pie and return. The number of stayaways appear to be growing like a cancer.

Can anyone explain how Bolton are managing to maintain their attendances? They play some of the dourest football in the land .... the club is run by charletans...most of their fans have to make extra effort to get to Horwich ... the pubs of Notlob screen their games .... and yet they still pull in 5k or so more home fans than we do when only a few seasons ago we clearly had the edge in numbers. Solve this riddle and we may start to get to the bottom of the problem.

I thought it was very rude of Rovers to arrange a game when I couldn't make it. I'm on stage in amateur opera at the time!

JEEZ!!! :blink: Barely worth thinking about :unsure:

I received a flyer for this on Friday and whilst I think the card is an excellent idea, and whilst the flyer was very witty it's a complete waste of time and money mailing it out to me as a ST holder. Unless we're trying to downgrade ST holders.

If 12,000 flyers were sent out to ST holders, that's more than 3k alone wasted in postage without the cost of the leaflets themselves.

Surely the Club's database is capable of differentiating between ST holders and occasional walk on fans? Or did someone in the marketing department not think to apply the relevant filter?

As stated by Stuwilky, all STHs received 'The Card' with a letter explaining the promotion while highlighting that STH still and will always get the BEST deal. Also as STHs are ambassadors of the Club, we are hoping that you will pass on 'The Card' to any guest that you may bring to a game this season.

Judging by your post, it seems that you haven't received the letter, is this the case?

I have pasted the STH letter just incase.

<<<

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Thank you for your continued loyal support.

As a Club, we strive to give our Season Ticket Holders the maximum

value and you will continue to receive the BEST discounts on attending

games at Ewood.

It is clear though, that we must also do everything we can to increase the

number of matches our non-Season Ticket Holders attend. We must do this

whilst protecting the value of the Season Ticket.

Please find enclosed a copy of ‘The Card’ which we are re-launching as a

means to encourage more of our fans to visit Ewood more often.

The details are explained within the enclosed mailer. ‘The Card’ is aimed

at Adult supporters only (i.e. 16 to 65 years).

As the mainstay of the Club’s support, it would be fantastic if you would

encourage your friends and family to use ‘The Card’ as the best way for

non-Season Ticket Holders to make games at Ewood as affordable as

possible. Please pass this copy on if at all possible. More copies are

available from the Ticket Office should you require them.

• ‘The Card’ can also be used in conjunction with the ‘Proud to be a Rover’

Adult membership scheme which, for non-Season Ticket Holders,

costs just £20 for the year and amongst other benefits provides two £10

OFF vouchers for ANY League game at Ewood.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact

us on 08701 123456.

Thanks in advance for your help and enjoy the season!

Ticket Office

>>>

Edited by happygilmore

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.