BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

I really, really didn't expect this... after saying the bet is gone, I have to retract. The attendance against Liverpool was a whopping 29,142. The only question now is if the (seemingly) lost Champions League cause will affect the attendance for the rest of the home games.

399569[/snapback]

When you consider the scouse support must have been about 8500, our support wasn't that much above the usual sad.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you consider the scouse support must have been about 8500, our support wasn't that much above the usual sad.gif

399657[/snapback]

Slag 'our' fans all you want but it was a category a+ game so credit goes to the people that turned up, regulars and irregulars. I spoke to Glenn about his afterwards and I do feel there is a real buzz about the place and slowly maybe but the crowds will continue to rise.

I do feel there is a real buzz about the place and slowly maybe but the crowds will continue to rise.

399673[/snapback]

What sign is there of rising crowds? Obviously there is more interest (represented by larger crowds when a top side comes to Ewood) but we are still getting pitiful crowds against teams like Portsmouth. Our crowds are very low and when you consider how cheap our tickets are in comparison to other premiership clubs it is embarrassing unless you consider that there is simply not enough support in Blackburn.

Half the population of the town is made up of people of other ethnic origins with no interest in football (I am certainly no racist but just trying to explain low crowds) and half of what is rest can't afford to pay for premiership football regularly even when it is good value in comparison. We are a small club in a small town and with so many other clubs in our neighbouring towns and cities it would be very difficult to draw crowds from the surrounding areas. It is a very bad situation - I fear there are simply too many football clubs in the north west in relation to the size of the population.

Edited by roverich

What sign is there of rising crowds? Obviously there is more interest (represented by larger crowds when a top side comes to Ewood) but we are still getting pitiful crowds against teams like Portsmouth. Our crowds are very low and when you consider how cheap our tickets are in comparison to other premiership clubs it is embarrassing unless you consider that there is simply not enough support in Blackburn.

Half the population of the town is made up of people of other ethnic origins with no interest in football (I am certainly no racist but just trying to explain low crowds) and half of what is rest can't afford to pay for premiership football regularly even when it is good value in comparison. We are a small club in a small town and with so many other clubs in our neighbouring towns and cities it would be very difficult to draw crowds from the surrounding areas. It is a very bad situation - I fear there are simply too many football clubs in the north west in relation to the size of the population.

399674[/snapback]

I didn't say the crowds were rising I said the buzz was back, something a number of people have commented on. I'm not in the slightest embarrased by our crowds and if we carry on as we are they will continue to rise. Yesterday's crowd was the biggest of the season by some distance despite being on the telly and a cat a+, obviously the scousers brought lots but no more than Man U and we had 4000 more on. There are positive signs there if you choose to look for them.

rover.gif sunday was like the big dark cloud that souness left had finally been lifted,my liverpoo supporting mates from belfast wanted their foto took at at uncle jack's statue.you could see the joy they had having their photo took with the great man,before it was our turn 3 young children and there dad were having there photo took and the youngest was clinging to uncle jacks leg like he was alive.his dream has been reawakened under sparky tinykit.gif

As myelf and someone else on here predicted, (not sure who) its been Wigans own bad crowds in these last 3 games (all sub 19k) which have given us the lead! We will push on and comfortably finish ahead with chels and city to come!

***GAV`s £50 BET UPDATE***

A crowd of 17330 watched Wigan & Villa in their penultimate home game of the season. It`s affected Gav`s £50 bet like thus:-

Rovers tinykit.gif average home league gate is 20783 after 17 homes

Wigan`s average home league gate is now 20581 after 18 homes (down 191)

(Rovers are now 202 ahead)

Rovers tinykit.gif total home league gates stand at 353314

Wigan`s total home league gates stand at 370461

(Rovers are 17147 behind...with a game in hand)

Rovers tinykit.gif have Chelsea & Man City to play

Wigan have Portsmouth.

In all likeliness Pompey will bring a huge following to Wigan, as it looks like they`ll still be in with a good chance of premiership survival. It is also Wigan`s last home game of a tremendous 1st season in the big time. I expect a near to full house (23k-25k) at the JJB.

[in all likeliness Pompey will bring a huge following to Wigan, as it looks like they`ll still be in with a good chance of premiership survival. It is also Wigan`s last home game of a tremendous 1st season in the big time. I expect a near to full house (23k-25k) at the JJB.

400304[/snapback]

Yes - but with probably 25k to watch Chelsea - and I expect Rovers largest gate of the season when we play City. Hopefully Rovers celebrating sixth spot - and a place in the UEFA Cup, and City bringing 8k + as it is the last game of the season.

***GAV`s £50 BET UPDATE***

A crowd of 17330 watched Wigan & Villa in their penultimate home game of the season. It`s affected Gav`s £50 bet like thus:-

Rovers tinykit.gif  average home league gate is 20783 after 17 homes

Wigan`s average home league gate is now 20581 after 18 homes (down 191)

(Rovers are now 202 ahead)

Rovers tinykit.gif  total home league gates stand at 353314

Wigan`s total home league gates stand at 370461

(Rovers are 17147 behind...with a game in hand)

Rovers tinykit.gif  have Chelsea & Man City to play

Wigan have Portsmouth.

In all likeliness Pompey will bring a huge following to Wigan, as it looks like they`ll still be in with a good chance of premiership survival. It is also Wigan`s last home game of a tremendous 1st season in the big time. I expect a near to full house (23k-25k) at the JJB.

400304[/snapback]

So by my calcs even if Wigan get a full house of 25000 for their last game (unlikely), Rovers would only have to average 21074 over their final two games to clinch Gav's bet.

The bet looks as good as won

It's 1am in the morning and I am unable to purchase tickets online due to the website experiencing "exceptionally high demand"!!!

400869[/snapback]

Or in other words, an almightly cock-up biggrin.gif

Shuiab Khan's column in the telewag last week was very revealing. Whilst wishing the Queen a happy birthday he let this slip........

"Her Majesty turns 80 today and like all good British citizens who doesn't want his passport to be taken away may I say how great it is to have a Queen. The Royal Family is much like my family and many other families I know. They all live together for most of the time. The woman is the real boss of the house and they can get a discount almost everywhere they go."

So thats it then! In a nutshell if we are to tap the IndoPak community to support the club then John Williams has to get the family matriarchs interested in BRFC simply by giving them all heavily discounted tickets. I wonder why nobody has thought of this before? It could prove a popular debating point around town. wink.gif

Edited by thenodrog

Shuiab Khan's column in the telewag last week was very revealing.  Whilst wishing the Queen a happy birthday he let this slip........

"Her Majesty turns 80 today and like all good British citizens who doesn't want his passport to be taken away may I say how great it is to have a Queen.  The Royal Family is much like my family and many other families I know.  They all live together for most of the time.  The woman is the real boss of the house and they can get a discount almost everywhere they go."

So thats it then!  In a nutshell if we are to tap the IndoPak community to support the club then  John Williams has to get the family matriarchs interested in BRFC simply by giving them all heavily discounted tickets.  I wonder why nobody has thought of this before?  It could prove a popular debating point around town.  wink.gif

401920[/snapback]

I feel some Pink Floyd lyrics coming on.

For starters:

And they can appear to themselves every day

On closed circuit t.v.

To make sure they're still real

It's the only connection they feel

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome-

Reagan and Haig

Mr. Begin and friend Mrs. Thatcher and Paisley

Mr. Brezhnev and party

The ghost of McCarthy

The memories of nixon

And now adding colour a group of anonymous latin-

American meat packing glitterati"

Welcome to the Fletcher Memorial for Incurable Insanes.

looks like gavs bet is won

chelsea seem to have sold all their tickets, so i assume they have been getting each allocation when they sell out that section, so i full expect 5,500 chelsea fans

Blackburn (A) : Around 100 tickets remaining, on sale now to both season ticket holders and members. Coaches available for both Blackburn

Is there any indiction of how many Chelsea will be bringing? As they could win the league at Ewood it should surely be a big enough gate to confirm GAV winning the bet.

402596[/snapback]

well researched scott. thumbs-up.gif

the only thing that could let gav down now is the blackburn public (games on sky now)- a defeat at charlton jepordise it somewhat.

looking good though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.