BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they balls it up against Utd and need a point to win the league their fans just might be all over bloody Ewood come Tues!! unsure.gif

402725[/snapback]

doubt it with our much meligned ticket policies, blackburnians will struggle to get in. easier to get in fort knox than ewood.

if i get accosted by a spiv, on my way to the ground, i might flog my ticket for a few quid! laugh.gif

doubt it with our much meligned ticket policies, blackburnians will struggle to get in. easier to get in fort knox than ewood.

if i get accosted by a spiv, on my way to the ground, i might flog my ticket for a few quid!  laugh.gif

402727[/snapback]

Bet you made a fortune from the infamous Citeh game fella!!!

Bet you made a fortune from the infamous Citeh game fella!!!

402731[/snapback]

no man, i watched the game. when i got in the ground, an attractive city fan was sat in my seat! watched the game from the comfort of my lap. we've been friends ever since, strictly plutonic of course.... wink.gif

***GAV`S £50 BET UPDATE***

Pompey`s visit to the JJB saw Wigan`s final home game of the season attract a crowd of 21,126. It affect Gav`s £50 bet like thus:-

Rovers tinykit.gif average home league gate is 20,783 after 17 home games

Wigan`s average home league gate has finished at 20,610 after all 19 homes.

(Rovers are an average of 173 ahead)

Rovers tinykit.gif total home league gates are 353,314

Wigan`s total home league gates finished at 391,587

(Rovers are 38,273 behind, with 2 games left to play)

2 final home gates exceeding 19,137 per game will see GAV reign triumphant over his Wigan supporting colleague/mate/associate. thumbs-up.gif

Can I again say a big thank you to Cletus for the way in which he's kept the interest going in this thread all season.

My Bolton supporting colleague, who I made the wager with, is telling me that I’ve nothing to gloat about because only just beating Wigans average attendance is nothing to write home about. I pointed out to her that if I’d have taken the alternative wager of us finishing higher than Bolton I’d have won that also.

Doubt she'll pay up but I’ll keep you posted.

My Bolton supporting colleague, who I made the wager with, is telling me that I’ve nothing to gloat about because only just beating Wigans average attendance is nothing to write home about. I pointed out to her that if I’d have taken the alternative wager of us finishing higher than Bolton I’d have won that also.

Doubt she'll pay up but I’ll keep you posted.

404060[/snapback]

Here's a gud un for sorting out arguments guys. (You can make some money out of our neighbours with this too!

http://www.european-football-statistics.co...ttn/attneng.htm

btw Gav I dont want to cherry pick but check out BRFC v Notlob over the years and especially the 2001 season in Div 1 when we were both promoted. First time all the Lanky clubs have been in the same div for years, all clubs enjoyed a good season but where were the others then?

Also t'big club along the M65 with their countless thousands who cannot get in most weeks dont show up too well at all over the GENERATIONS.

Unfortunately our recent demise in crowd stats is there for all to see! 10 teams in the 1st div with higher averages is bloody poor. We are defying gravity big time and it cannot go on forever!

Edited by thenodrog

forget all the talk of the size of the crowd.

i only saw the 2n half on Sky tonight, but those of you who were there were immense!!!

Sky showed loads of footage of the crowd chanting away and the atmosphere looked electric! Even the Jack Walker stand seemed to be chanting which I've not seen since VE Day ;-)

Well done boys - we might not be a so called 'big club' but you did us proud tonight!

Very few under 12s on tonight, with it being a school night and 8pm kick off...

Could be a factor, as well as the TV viewing of matches becoming habitual for increasing numbers....

Is it true that since Christmas all but two Rovers games have been screened live?

The main thing for the non-attenders to consider though is that they missed out on being a part of a priceless atmosphere in the last ten minutes or so ( and the post-match jubilation )! Super win and Europe here we come!

rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.